Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

[VS] Call To Arms v4 - 16th of June (Sunday)

For all newcomers:

Welcome! We will be holding a call to arms type thing, and I want you all to join us in fighting off the TR and NC on Amerish!

We are meeting up on mumble at 18/19h UK/EU, to get stuff going and start shortly afterwards, but Im surely going to be there earlier, as will all the leadership. (about half an hour is recommended)

The correct channel for starting out on sunday is going to be:
    MMOs> Planetside2> Vanu Sovereignity> EU - Rock Planet Shotgun (Miller)>
    Call To Arms 4 Introduction

I am going to be automating the joining process a bit, so we dont need extra people to guide people to where they need to be, however, there will be somewhere you can cry for help.

Original Post:

I want to set the date for the next CtA, as next week is too soon in my opinion, and the week after it, is rezzed week.

Anyone against it?

Edit: just got approved by Cooper, Im letting Jim know about it.

However, he has pointed out that every introduction thing has to be done by then, and possibly all outfit invites too. Ill let him talk about it in detail.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 10-06-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I'd be happy to get another c2a going. They are spectacular events.

Thoughts:
    1) We need to be sure we can do this in a way that doesn't involve anyone being invited to the outfit on the night.

2) We need to have the "outfit introduction" as set out in this thread sorted and working. We cannot expect to be able to go through the intro on the night, but we should have it ready for when people do stick around after the event.

3) We should push to get SOE involved. Or at least record stuff we can send them. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Isn't it a bit too soon ? the last CtA was fun, but the aftermath was a lot of problems due to uncontrolled growth. We're starting to find solutions, but I don't think we're stable enough to have another big membership increase. My opinion would be to wait for the end of the month, till everything we've decided in the meeting (remember, there is a second part of the meeting next wednesday) is implemented and stable.

Personally, I think it's a bit soon. Seems like people are just starting to untangle some of the issues in the outfit, some that were caused or at least affected by having such a big influx of players (a problem of quantity, not quality - new players are of course awesome and welcome). Maybe we should wait a bit until we've got stuff like the outfit introductions and information properly in place and our current members up to date on the things they need to know?

We seemed really well set up for the actual Call to Arms event last time, but it was like we were all prepared for the wedding and we hadn't quite got around to working out how to be married yet We're getting there now but reckon it would be nice to go into the next CtA without feeling like we're on the back-foot when it comes to being able to absorb new folk.

3) we could record on a low quality, and then use the material for split screen type video things. 720p would be acceptable, as well as huds and guns. though of course, extra points for huds off and guns away.

4) we need to discuss the A+B, C, D style of platoons. I think its very effective, and it reduces our needs for squad leads and ROs. (as well as become more effective for rushing with two squads, and as well as address peoples concerns about hating split comms.)

5) its not too soon, last time we had 3 call to arms in 2 months. the 13th of june is still two weeks away.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Agree that it's probably just a bit too soon, a week or two more to get our indoctrination routines going would be good.

Nice metaphor with the wedding, there!

It's going to be slightly less easy to get people into squads next time around, too, if we don't invite them into the outfit first. I'm sure we can handle it, but it will be a bit trickier.

I wonder if we'll need yet another platoon set up in Mumble now...

The thing though, QuantaCat, isn't that's it's too soon for us to manage the event. It's just too soon for us to handle the expected fallout, s seen from the last event. If we give it another week or two, we could get into the routine for how to handle recruitment and introduction of new members.

It might just be that two weeks is enough, and that having a deadline would force us to get things nailed down though...

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I would rather we stabilise how we do things as an outfit and all that entails, before we plough into another CtA; it doesn't have to be put off too long, I love CtAs for the epic moments it creates (like a 12 galaxy drop attack) but we need to do things that are just 'to be done' at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    4) we need to discuss the A+B, C, D style of platoons. I think its very effective, and it reduces our needs for squad leads and ROs. (as well as become more effective for rushing with two squads, and as well as address peoples concerns about hating split comms.)
    Might need fewer SLs and ROs yes, but is it as good for new players who join? Also if we get all the stuff underway that's happening (mumble binds/mentoring) we'll hopefully have more confident SLs and ROs than before anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    5) its not too soon, last time we had 3 call to arms in 2 months. the 13th of june is still two weeks away.
    As eso said, it wasn't the event we necessarily had the problem with, but the 'fallout'.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Agree that it's probably just a bit too soon, a week or two more to get our indoctrination routines going would be good.
    We're indoctrinating people now?

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GIRAFFES.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm away until Monday, so only brief input. But yes feels a bit soon. I was thinking of suggesting a "2 platoons night" we nag as many existing members to make time as possible and get the experience of being a big force without the stress of a cta

That sounds like fun!

Actually I forgot to put that in my last post CMaster - I was going to suggest something similar. A sort of 'in-house' CtA event if we're looking for that sort of big event funtimes feeling, without the fallout.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    What I will say about the date is that June 13th is the last day of E3. I'm positive all the conferences will be over, but a lot of people might be pouring over the stuff that comes from it and might want to delve into that instead of immediately playing games. That shouldn't be prohibitive, but I think something to consider.