My exploratory narrative game "Postmortem" moves to Beta with a Release Date!

So a bit of a shameless plug I mentioned before, but my exploratory narrative game, Postmortem, casting you as Death incarnate in an industrial-age country torn by conflict and riots, moves onto Beta with a release date - August 15th! Here's the full dev blog update for the curious with some new screenie and concept art :)

We're also still looking out for one extra writer/editor and potentially graphic artist (in-game sprites, maybe GUI) so if you're interested shoot me an email at info@postmortemgame.com . We'll also be starting a second round of Beta Testing signups soon so keep an eye out!

Please check the Postmortem Homepage
    Like on Facebook
    Follow on Twitter

What is Postmortem?

Postmortem is a short exploratory adventure game taking place in a fictional industrial-age country of Galicia, ravaged by five years of violent rioting between two ideologically and economically divided communities. You play as death incarnate, sent to a fundraising gala with the objective of claiming a single life from any of its attendants and staff.

By exploring the space, conversing with the patrons, and uncovering various clues, you will learn about the world and the characters, revealing how their deaths might (or might not!) influence the country.

But how much should you meddle with mortal affairs? Perhaps a random choice is the fairest? What other effects could your involvement have?
    Last edited by Koobazaur; 03-06-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    While this is nice and all, is the proper subforum for the promotion of one's games down or something?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    He's promoting a game already on its way to release. Not asking for funds. Its interesting and the sort of thing that attracts the average RPS visitor and has been on the forums for a while.

I think this is just the place for it.

Edit: nvm, moved now.

The layout of the house in the screeshots reminds me a lot of Twinsen's house in Little Big Adventure 2, some inspiration there :D ?

edit: yeaaaaah, after seeing some LBA 2 screeshots I think my memorie was a bit fuzzy, but still.
    Last edited by starmatt; 03-06-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    This looks unusual. I like that. Shame everything in this forum gets ignored.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    fictional industrial-age country of Galicia
    Sounds pretty real to me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Galicia

The game looks good, how did you achieve that effect on the graphics?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    This looks unusual. I like that. Shame everything in this forum gets ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    While this is nice and all, is the proper subforum for the promotion of one's games down or something?
    Ah, I see they fixed the forum; last time I tried posting (few months back) you couldn't make a new thread and I was advised by the staff to post in the general gaming. Thanks for the move!

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Sounds pretty real to me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Galicia

The game looks good, how did you achieve that effect on the graphics?
    Yea I know Galicia already existed in the past. Ours isn't it the same (it is fictional). About the graphics, it's just some placeholder sprites with a bit of photoshop filtery magic (mainly posterize edges, cutouts, outlines and some blending). You can read about our tools and resources here - http://koobazaur.com/tools-and-resou...-an-idie-game/

Quote Originally Posted by starmatt View Post
    The layout of the house in the screeshots reminds me a lot of Twinsen's house in Little Big Adventure 2, some inspiration there :D ?

edit: yeaaaaah, after seeing some LBA 2 screeshots I think my memorie was a bit fuzzy, but still.
    Oh man I played that game ages ago but got stuck at some point and couldn't figure out what to do next. But no, not an inspiration for this one.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Just a quick update on a new article - Meet the Team: Gelerli, and new Concept Art!

Go read it!

Our exploratory adventure Indie Game, Postmortem, got a shout-out at the StartSelect Podcast, Check it Out! Thanks Adam!

And if you haven’t already:
    Check the Postmortem Homepage
    Like on Facebook
    Follow on Twitter
    Track on IndieDB

Oh, and a bonus screenshot for your pleasure:

Just a heads up we're reaching our next milestone soon, with more New Art, Major Rewrites, and Beta Testing opening up next week, if you guys want to get more details and see some new artwork!

[i]Who is this mysterious cast of characters?[i]

USGamer writer Cassandra Khaw’s shares her early of our Beta !

"There have been plenty of discussions about how video games can function as a medium for important messages and Postmortem is a prime example of that."

And from her Twitter:

What I really, really liked about Postmortem, though, I think, was how it dealt with burgeoning feminism in the country. It's surprisingly vivid, and almost a bit unsettling as to how it was presented.

Full Article: Postmortem: Death, Dessert and Political Agendas