Thread: The Shopkeeper

The Shopkeeper

A short interactive story about a curious antique shop, a customer with a problem, a shopkeeper with a gift for disturbingly perceptive stories and a collection of unique items.
    Written by James Wallis & Isabella W÷ber.

(the HD version)

Proper website coming soon, will keep posting more stuff as we near release, which is Soon™.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Looks nice. I like the style, its exactly the kind of style I used to draw in (before I lost any time what so ever for paper based art). That characteristic rough edge drawing is great for making something feel natural, like the furniture is hand crafted!

You told me about how its an interactive story, so am I correct in assuming that its a point and click style of move and interact, or is movement and animation controlled by dialogue, or some other means?

looking forward to seeing more. Is it to be publicly released free of charge, as an app, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Looks nice. I like the style, its exactly the kind of style I used to draw in (before I lost any time what so ever for paper based art). That characteristic rough edge drawing is great for making something feel natural, like the furniture is hand crafted!

You told me about how its an interactive story, so am I correct in assuming that its a point and click style of move and interact, or is movement and animation controlled by dialogue, or some other means?

looking forward to seeing more. Is it to be publicly released free of charge, as an app, or what?
    Cheers.

Its a point and click type thing, though definitely no inventory or any of those shenanigans.

It wont be for free, but itll only cost a euro.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

- Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Lots of interest at the Radius Festival, we are finally releasing this summer.

And ofcourse the website has been done for quite some time.

Www.versepublications.com

Last edited by QuantaCat; 06-07-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications