Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    We need to organise a Captain Covington kill for DUke sometime
    and get people the sp behind her too!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    I can confirm that the numbers RPS can muster will not be sufficient for the event
    perhaps I should have said an RPS lead event. I didn't mean to imply that RPS could simply rock up and kill the wurm without any help.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Anthrax Lake | Fuschia Panthera

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    perhaps I should have said an RPS lead event. I didn't mean to imply that RPS could simply rock up and kill the wurm without any help.
    Ahhhhhhhh lots of puns to be had on ts if "we" were leading, the area would be ripe for unleashing our brand of awesomeness
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    We need to organise a Captain Covington kill for DUke sometime
    Did that after Teq yesterday.
    (Admiral, surely)
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I havent put a post up about cof week - just back from hols and wasnt sure if the feature patch would muck up opening it. Will ping in chat when I'm on tonight anyhow
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

the patch will only really affect those who want to open the PvP tracks, which won't be too many of us tbh.

had another nice Teq kill followed by an interesting run in WvW - started well but deteriorated rapidly; I plan on getting some revenge tonight though if people are interested.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Anthrax Lake | Fuschia Panthera

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Was more the megaserver I wasnt sure about until I read the patch notes. If we cant guest, a quick COF run may more than double in length if we have to do the pre.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Was more the megaserver I wasnt sure about until I read the patch notes. If we cant guest, a quick COF run may more than double in length if we have to do the pre.
    I think the jury is still out on how the feck it will work... If I've read a bit of it right. The "primary" instance of the map of fireheart rise will likely have it open as it will have most people in it (from various eu servers) likely keeping it perenially open once it is... It's the 2nd instance if that one is full (hard limit) that will then make it hard to be put into and then have enough people *to* open it.

Afaik, guesting will still remain in the game. The megaserver-majingle will treat you as a member of the server you guested on for the purpose of determining which copy of the map you'll get thrown into. Also, remember that not all zones are affected by the megaserver changes right away. Finally, the issue is not that it is hard to open a dungeon but that it's tedious to do so. In the past you could just look up which server had the event already done and save time that way, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Did that after Teq yesterday.
    (Admiral, surely)
    with Duke?
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yes with Duke. Hadn't realised he wanted it for a particular reason, just followed him when he posted in /g

To return to the idea of leading wurm attempts: Commanders interested in doing this would be well advised to run a couple of successful attempts together with a more experienced group before trying it themselves. Even better: Get a group of commanders together that know which role they'd like to fill in the organization of the fights. There are a lot of things you have to consider and keep in mind during the event. For example, sufficient group sizes and backup plans should one group lack people, condition parties, de-buffers that prevent wurms from spawning eggs, routes for keg runs, roles in keg runs (reflects, veils, stability), skill recommendations for different classes, dedicated Battle Standard warriors that get called out when their banner is needed, group movement after decapitation of the heads, and so on.

One would need an almost empty server map as well to provide sufficient room for teams, a non-overflow server would be ideal (this will obviously change after the megaserver update at some point) since it prevents non-contributers from easily right-click join spamming their way into your map (can't do that if you're not on your home server).

In comparison to the Tequatl fight, this is more demanding in regards to communication. Commanders need to be able to speak to each other uninterrupted, all of the players need to be on teamspeak because there are a lot of different things that get called out all the time.

I'm not saying it's impossible to do but it cannot be done easily either in a fashion like "We'll give it our best try and bring more dps next time" (which might work for Tequatl). There are some guides on the gw2community.com forums which would be a good starting point.

Edit: Speaking of which: The people of gw2community.com are streaming their wurm runs (only Amber perspective so far I think): http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...2communitycom/
    Last edited by Squiz; 15-04-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Aye, Monday night was good what with the Tequatl kill, then Convie (or a Karka Queen for some) and then some Borderlands WvW. Convie was almost as hard as the dragon, given that we managed her with only about nine people.

Wurm is interesting. The weekend efforts were pretty tremendous and I think with about five or seven extra people all three heads could have been killed.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

we could organise a trait party specially that boat chest if anyone is interested
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

In case you guys and gals are running guild missions tonight, could you make notes about any issues regarding grouping and megaserver zones you might or might not encounter?

I've read a couple of reports of parties getting seperated and guilds having to ferry more than usual. Any info on that might prove useful if we try to organise large scale events in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    In case you guys and gals are running guild missions tonight, could you make notes about any issues regarding grouping and megaserver zones you might or might not encounter?

I've read a couple of reports of parties getting seperated and guilds having to ferry more than usual. Any info on that might prove useful if we try to organise large scale events in the future.
    We did a rush and a bounty last night and we got exactly that issue specially during the 3 tier bounty
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 20-04-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Well, shiz. Thanks, Anet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    So the seamless placing of guilds together in the same instance isn't working?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    So the seamless placing of guilds together in the same instance isn't working?
    Apparently not. Anything that has to do with overflows/additional maps appears to be a gamble atm. I would assume that reentering maps repeatedly could provide a workaround, but what I've heard/read so far is disheartening. Let's hope they won't touch any more maps before they present their players with an acceptable solution for the current problems.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Yay for pre-release testing!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.