Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    If anybody needs proof we're active in WvW, they should be pointed towards Duke's AARs on his blog.
    That's true, but there are people who don't check signature links and be more likely to take a look at one or two threads at the top of the page then click their way through the General nonsense thread.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    That's true, but there are people who don't check signature links and be more likely to take a look at one or two threads at the top of the page then click their way through the General nonsense thread.
    Maybe add a WvW section in the introductory thread stating we're often jumping adhoc into the fray but we also have scheduled events (such as reset and Jar's night) and that to get a taste of what's going on you can go and read the AARs on Duke's blog.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Wait people are still calling it Jar's night O_o

Well I suppose it is the only time during the week that I am practically guaranteed to be on. (Back at varsity and trying to get a jump on work for the semester so basically just confining myself to Thursdays until I can lock my schedule down).

But I am happy with sharing the details for Thursday. It's not like I have uber strategies laid down that need to be followed :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    WHAT..., I thought you had a highly secret formula for guaranteed success based on the combined teachings of the Art of War and the Karma Sutra.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Karuji View Post
    Wait people are still calling it Jar's night O_o
    I thought it was "Night of the Jars" in that it was obligatory to be drinking while gaming?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Relevant jar-related blog post.

I'll update the OP with WvWvW reset weekly (so long as we always have people playing for it) and I'll add something else to the OP of the Introduction thread to reflect our high activity in WvWvW. Cheers for the input gang.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Big thanks from PRXM for running with us. Was a bit of a slow start with finding virtually no enemies on our borderland and then getting caught of guard by large blob a few times.

In my opinion we gave as good as we got and really made them work to take us out. We had 3 excellent garrison saves.

We are looking forward to running with you again. Maybe next time under command of one of the RPS commanders.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Thanks for having us along, Lippsy & PRXM!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    Yeah, was fun even though I was a little bit late. Came in time for all the huge zerg fights so my loot bags were filled very generously
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Hello folks!

As I've only been online sporadically over the past couple of days, I thought I'd drop in and offer an update. I apologise for not being online so much recently - work has been very hectic leading up to the end of the financial year. Plus, Civilization V is a very compelling game.

That said...

- I'll be online for WvWvW reset Friday night. I'm happy to command and we'll mainly go where we're needed the most (although probably start off with the SM cap). That is, if we don't already have other plans.

- I'll then be online over most of the weekend. As I've pretty much thrown in the towel on the Living Story updates due to my currently limited time to play, expect some Saturday afternoon WvWvW roaming groups going up.

- I'm drawing up plans for one of our very big events next Saturday evening - on the 3rd of August. Any suggestions are accepted; currently Caper is winning with another journey to Orr.

Of course the blog continues to be active (and popular!) and I'm hoping to churn out a decent-sized post or two over the weekend.

Hope you're all well!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

That Stephen Fry reference. Priceless. You, sir, win another cookie from me

Good to see you back, I kinda suffer from the same problem. We've run last reset with PRXM and had a good time, so maybe we could do that again. This time, as Lippsy mentioned, maybe with an RPS commander on point.

I'm quite big on roaming, can't say I've done much else in WvW (apart from running with PRXM on reset) as it's currently the part which I enjoy (and hopefully all the others that run with me) the most. We've had some great fights and some ridiculous ones too (those two bunker warriors, seriously) without having to worry too much about taking anything bigger than camps and dollys.
    Last edited by noaru; 24-07-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

If you guys want to do something this friday on reset with us just let us know .
    Lippsy
    Lurker Supreme

I have updated the OP with the events of the next week.

I will have to push our little trip to Southsun Cove back a week (to the 10th of August) as I'm working this Saturday.
    Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    Shame you have to work this Saturday Duke, but as football-legend Johann Cruiff says: "Every downside haves its upside": From August 6th onwards all Champions drop a new bonus loot bag, so this might make the trip a lot more profitable!
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Yus, although I may even push back the event further than the 10th - depending on what happens with the IRL meet. However, if that is the case then let's just say that I'll expand the scale a little - you'll see.

I'll also be on for reset again this Friday.
    Guild Wars 2:

I'm up for tomorrow's WvW (been doing a lot of it in the last week and I'm surprised to say I'm liking it a LOT), the story dungeon extravaganza afterwards and I'll bring a bonfire this saturday. I hope I can get back to the regular group events soon.

Obscure Node
    Hey all. I'd like to join tonight's WvW. I've requested access to the RPS group on the GH forum, so I'll hopefully be around later. (I'm a Guardian with giant ears and a slightly smaller hammer if that'll help swing it.)

OK, the ear size may be a problem. But I think we can overcome it with some kind of hat.

I think Squirrel is the only person who can authorise access to the GH mumble at the moment (for RPS) but I'm sure that won't be a problem assuming that aforementioned hat wearing requirements are met.
    Last edited by hawksbane; 02-08-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Obscure Node
    I have a green headband? Makes me look like a martial arts expert. Only in full plate.

I feel that I should point out that RPS takes the health and safety of combatants in open field warfare very seriously. For example:

Charr must always fight in the upright position as the accidental (or deliberate) impaling of the enemy on their horns can result in serious back complaints in the future.

Asura ears should be tucked away under appropriate headgear to protect the combatant from accidental hearing loss.