Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Sure thing Doodier, I will probably not be able to get the meta achievement done in time but cheevo points are cheevo points either way.

Oi oi!

Following last night's failed Tequatl attempt on Gunnar's Hold, wannabe killers of the dragon should pay attention to this. Guest over to Gandara - there's about a 80% chance of them killing him based on our previous experiences with that group (we've been to two of their events and they've pulled off the kill both times).
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Even with one wall I got the Flawless defense achievement it was amazing and look at that pretty screenshot 2013-12-03_00001.jpg
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Yeah, was pretty smartly run but more that people obeyed well. I don't think the official timer actually had a chance to start counting down after the first laser beam as we destroyed 25% pretty much every time he was stunned. Rinse repeat and loot. Got the breather 18 gold if I was to sell it but now to decide who gets it... necro or warrior!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Let's all transfer to Gandara!

We had a weird situation on GH when northern battery defence failed spectacularly when all others were doing fine. If they left early because of wanting to be back I can understand and that is where we just need better controlling forces at that spot. We had the numbers and the dps to do it, just need(ed) discipline. I'd put money on doing it next time.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Yeah I am aware of that since I attended the event. Obviously the GH community still has to work on the planning aspects and execution in regard to the fight, however I think that we're getting there. Since currently the event doesn't run on a daily schedule, improvements can possibly only be seen during the coming weeks. If there are things to be learned from other server's attempts, I am sure that drkn and the other commanders organising and holding the event would appreciate constructive feedback.

Edit: I wanted to add that it probably also took the Gandaran's some time to beat the event, so we shouldn't expect wonders from the GH community. Practice makes perfect and so on. Additional numbers probably couldn't hurt either, although I am not sure to what extend the event had been promoted in advance.
    Last edited by Squiz; 04-12-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Haha, well my constructive feedback would be to 'use the bloody fire elementals!' but I said that both in the thread and on the evening and they were not used. There were no calls for the use of flamethrowers either, which is a pity.

You guys have probably noticed that I often have conflicting thoughts when it comes to events on Gunnar's Hold: I'm all for events and sometimes even say on the threads over on the Gunnar's Hold forum that I'm attending, but I won't openly post it here. The reason for this is generally because I like to have assurance that the event is worth putting out to the rest of [RPS] first.

That's why I only casually mentioned the first Gandara kill attempt in-game on the evening it was happening, but since then I have posted about it here because I know they can do it. I think most of us have limited time to play and I'm cautious about wasting the time of other people unless there's a high likelihood of success.

But! I understand that can be problematic when we are attempting difficult things as a community. As you say Squirrel, practice makes perfect and all that the Gunnar's effort needs is refinement and more numbers - both the white numbers from damage and actual people. :P
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Haha, well my constructive feedback would be to 'use the bloody fire elementals!' but I said that both in the thread and on the evening and they were not used. There were no calls for the use of flamethrowers either, which is a pity.
    Even worse at the beginning we all started to pop our eles and they clearly told us to stop this and save them for battery only and then never mentionned it again. Anyway communication was bad each way from the organisers but also from the players as they didn't shout out for help in northern battery. However I did notice on my screen that northern was doing badly and even went there to help so any of the organisers could have seen that too.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Cheers for the replies, as I've said above, the commanders surely would be ok with getting helpful feedback themselves, so maybe consider posting in the GH community forum thread as well.

The thing about the elementals is that I am not sure if they even do a whole lot during the non-stunned phase. I cannot imagine that it would cause any problems to have them out during the other phases as well though, however they are quite likely to die from the DOT damage. In that case it would be just wasted money on the player's side.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    Even worse at the beginning we all started to pop our eles and they clearly told us to stop this and save them for battery only and then never mentionned it again. Anyway communication was bad each way from the organisers but also from the players as they didn't shout out for help in northern battery. However I did notice on my screen that northern was doing badly and even went there to help so any of the organisers could have seen that too.
    I don't agree with some of this. First, there were attempts to communicate (calls for cleanses, during phase transition, etc.) but a lot of people were talking and shouting in between the commanders' instructions. It probably should have been mentioned right at the beginning - if you're attending an organised event, keep radio noise to a minimum.

The failure at the northern battery could have been avoided, for sure, but that was probably due to the group leader (if there was one) being inexperienced or just poor judgment. The other commanders were pretty busy with keeping their own groups alive and since every group usually needs all their members to stay at their own position, there was little that could have been done once the battery HP began to drop.

About event announcements: As long as it is made clear that events like this are not unlikely to fail, I don't see why we shouldn't make people aware of them. If you're only attending events where you get carried by others or can benefit from experienced commanders, it is pretty likely that some community events will never take off. That might sound a bit harsh but I got the impression that some people had the expectation of being presented with an easy ride.

I think they (the organisers) need to break down each section of the fight and nail each primary point (bullet point stylee) per fighting section (2 DPS, 2 turrets) per stage of teq. It's what gandara (appears to have) has done and it wouldn't take much to do so tbh. Then distribute and/or dispense said info before the event over mumble/ts. My solution design brain is itching but I don't know enough of all the sections and/or stages. I can (potentially) write the close range dps crew one though if it might help with others of course as no doubt different views will help catch things I miss.

Unrelated to the PvE... wub-wub tonight?
    Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    Count me in. I need a few more things killed and/or captured.

And by that I mean I'll never get the Meta because I'd need to cap 150 more camps or something. But I'll join anyway.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    I think they (the organisers) need to break down each section of the fight and nail each primary point (bullet point stylee) per fighting section (2 DPS, 2 turrets) per stage of teq. It's what gandara (appears to have) has done and it wouldn't take much to do so tbh. Then distribute and/or dispense said info before the event over mumble/ts. My solution design brain is itching but I don't know enough of all the sections and/or stages. I can (potentially) write the close range dps crew one though if it might help with others of course as no doubt different views will help catch things I miss.
    That's exactly the kind of stuff that would make helpful feedback I feel, very nice.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Sure thing Doodier, I will probably not be able to get the meta achievement done in time but cheevo points are cheevo points either way.
    Sorry, I was working a late shift yesterday so I couldn't come. I did, however, kill all the dollies today and now I only need 10 sentry kills and I will have every wvw cheevo except for the merc one! ^_^
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    That's exactly the kind of stuff that would make helpful feedback I feel, very nice.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...kU&usp=sharing

View and edit if you want, copy for the other teams if you want - add bits i've missed...

Guild Wars 2:

Network Hub
    Sadly, I won't be in-game again till Sunday the 15th at the earliest. I might be able to read the forums though, to stay up-to-date and prevent you from talking behind my back
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Well, that bombed.

Edit: On a less negative note, yesterday's event was well organised and the commanders managed to integrate people via mapchat. I also had the feeling that more people came to the zone earlier than during the last GH attempt.
    Last edited by Squiz; 08-12-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Shhhh Squirrel, you should know that I set up the fail so more people come to Rampage... next Saturday.
    Guild Wars 2: