Trackmania 2 preorder & beta-access is live

Obscure Node
    19.99 is quite cheap...I think I'll wait until later to buy it though.

So there's only a desert theme now. Pity, I liked the stadium (or whatever the name was) tileset better.
    Has anyone here played the beta already?

I liked stadium too. So remind me, those in the know, how do the releases work for Trackmania 2? I know that they are releasing the other ones down the line, but are they all standalone or will you have to have canyon as a base game?

I have for a bit. It's nothing groundbreaking - the maps are pretty, but it feels not much different from TMU.

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    I liked stadium too. So remind me, those in the know, how do the releases work for Trackmania 2? I know that they are releasing the other ones down the line, but are they all standalone or will you have to have canyon as a base game?
    From what I understand, they'll release new tilesets regularly for 20€ each. They'll alternate with their other X-mania titles, so if you're only interested in Trackmania it'll be a while between new releases, though I don't know at what pace exactly they're planning their releases.

Basically, Canyon is the new Stadium. I don't think it'll feel anything like the old Desert tileset, except for the general setting.

It's totally different from desert in TM1. There's a lot of drifting now, and while the car still goes onto two wheels occassionally it's far less often.

One downside - still no real analog controls for acceleration/brake.

Quote Originally Posted by Edawan View Post
    From what I understand, they'll release new tilesets regularly for 20€ each. They'll alternate with their other X-mania titles, so if you're only interested in Trackmania it'll be a while between new releases, though I don't know at what pace exactly they're planning their releases.
    Ah, thanks for that. The incessant screeching from the drifting in the canyon video was too much for me, and I didn't really like the look of the handling of it at all. I'll be sticking with my stadium car in TMU for the foreseeable future it seems.