jameshank1 -Asphodel
    Prester John - Machaka
    Nahru2 - Caelum
    Shoddan - Pangea
    Sarigs - Shinuyama
    surfoahu -Ashdod
    Vexing Vision - Ermor

set up info:

Server is up at IP 24.170.202.175, port 1024.

Since everyone will be pretty new to it let's try to keep it simple:

Age: lets vote! EA and MA have the most new nations so leaning towards them
    Settings: standard, Hall of Fame 15, common random events
    Thrones: I have no idea what to set these at, maybe 1 level 1 per player, 1 level 2 per 2 players and 1 level three per 3, 75% captured to win?
    Turn time: 48 hours to start, 72 after year 2ish
    Map: This guy if we have enough players (6-10?) random probably, unless thrones are working on the Dom3 maps

Start date: whenever llamaserver supports Dom4 after launch (Sept 28)

If anything seems particularly egregious with these settings I am happy to oblige.
    Last edited by lasikbear; 17-12-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Network Hub
    I'm interested, if we get large numbers of people i'd still like to try the new team mode of either 1 or 2 disciples to a god.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I won't be in before a hefty discount but good luck guys, I understand going back to 3 will be practically impossible after experiencing the improvements.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

If everyone is fine with teams I am cool with it, I know they do require a lot more coordination to set up.

I was thinking for a first game we might want to avoid it since the pretender's scales (including ashen empire/lemuria ghosts/C'tis disease/carrion woods) apply to all disciples as well, and that might keep some people from being able to choose the nations they want.

Network Hub
    Put me down for Berytos if EA, or Vanarus if MA. I'd prefer to avoid teams the first game but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Also the winning throne percentage should be lowered with a rise in player numbers, down to a third/half with 10+ players.

Seeing that the price is pretty damn reasonable have just bought Dom4 so would be interested *but* have never played Dom3 (other than messing with demo for a while long time ago) so not sure if good idea to jump straight into MP?
    Depends if you don't mind total noob empire flailing around someone. Also depends on how many turns/day you want as kids limit my gaming time to a few hours after 11pm usually.

It's fine to be incompetent in multiplayer. I suggest taking on the idiom of Bastard Monarch or the Gutless Tyrant. Whatever it takes to steer you to aim high. If you are defeated you can take it in character and swear to drag the usurper down with you/beg to become a vassal nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorum View Post
    Seeing that the price is pretty damn reasonable have just bought Dom4 so would be interested *but* have never played Dom3 (other than messing with demo for a while long time ago) so not sure if good idea to jump straight into MP?
    Depends if you don't mind total noob empire flailing around someone. Also depends on how many turns/day you want as kids limit my gaming time to a few hours after 11pm usually.
    Being new is totally fine, you can at least practice with the beta until the game starts. If you can get around 12 provinces and a fort by the end of year 1 (12 turns in) you should be good. I would recommend reading this LP and then forgetting all of the specifics, as its for Dominions 3 and some stuff has changed.

You might die early, but you will learn a lot.

Eschatos, yeah that sounds reasonable. Figure under 50% might be too low as then you can win without interacting with many of the players. Maybe we should also shift the numbers of thrones towards higher level ones with more players.

Network Hub
    Put me in for EA Machaka/MA Asphodel; I like more thrones than standard....but keep the ratio between types 1 and 2 the same. I think type 3's might unbalance MP.....so vote no type 3's.
    Last edited by jameshank1; 11-09-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Put me down for a place, i'll pick this up when the next paycheck goes through No thoughts on nation yet and i don't mind which age!!

Quote Originally Posted by jameshank1 View Post
    Put me in for EA Machaka/MA Asphodel; I like more thrones than standard....but keep the ratio between types 1 and 2 the same. I think type 3's might unbalance MP.....so vote no type 3's.
    Yeah, I have mixed feelings on them (partially why I want them in is to see how they pan out). They are definitely way more powerful than the other ones, but they are also a lot harder to take, and provide more diplomacy ending objectives than the weaker ones.

Cool will try and get some practice in.
    And hooray! dom4 has no manual. Off to find where i saved the dom3 manual i guess

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    Yeah, I have mixed feelings on them (partially why I want them in is to see how they pan out). They are definitely way more powerful than the other ones, but they are also a lot harder to take, and provide more diplomacy ending objectives than the weaker ones.
    I say keep them in. If you see someone get a too-powerful throne, declare war and take it from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschatos View Post
    I say keep them in. If you see someone get a too-powerful throne, declare war and take it from them.
    Yeah, I feel if they are really too game changing I may as well learn that firsthand.

Network Hub
    I vote http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/...opic=1590&st=0 this map if we can get enough players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Wow, that is a stunning map!

That map is exceptional. Wow.

I could easily tolerate the lack of wrapping.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    that is a very good map, how many people would you want for such one?

Network Hub
    ok, decision on MA or EA? I need to work a strat for the one we are playing.......OBTW....Summonable thugs in DOM4 seem much harder to get...anyone else notice?

That map is great! Looks like its suggested for 6-10 (seems big for 6 though). My only concern is if a nation without darkvision gets stuck starting in the underground area. Going to be embarrassing to get wrecked by agarthan indies.

I am leaning MA, but if anyone really wants to do EA let me know.