Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Bandar log aka the pace car shows everyone how it is done capturing a territory. The only 3 people bothered researching (with their pretender?) . So... I guess either their are a lot of stealth pretenders scouting or someone is asleep at the wheel.

Statistics are fun!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Wow, thats a lot of scout prophets. I better make sure my border patrols are ready to bring in these "guests" for questioning if they ever come to visit me.

If I where Ulm, then I would keep an eye out for these "diplomats".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Probably a noob question but, why Ulm specifically?

Not had a chance to check Turn 1 results just yet, but I am one of those with a prophet scout. It's purely a pace measure, I don't want my next command unit to have to sit around for a turn prophetising when he should be working.

Also no way am I capturing a territory on Turn 1 completely blind :/ I guess Bandar Log may have a SC pretender?

Look at the posts and make an educated gues.

I guess they have low dominion, but a few others do as well.

BL definetly does, they get some really nice chassis for expansion like the various monkey nation ones and the great white bull. Still something I would not be comfortable risking.

Currently almost 19k indy troops on the map.

Aha, I didn't mentally connect CWalker's comments with Ulm and thought it was something specific about the nation. Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I guess Bandar Log may have a SC pretender?
    Bandar Log and Lanka (pretty much twin races) are able to safely 1HKO almost all independents. Tough little monkeys.

Bogarus (My guys) get start units that get completely mashed up vs 80% if indeps at decent strength.

That said the cavalry of Bogarus is completely acceptable and holds its own, it's just getting them going quickly enough that you don't fall behind.

EA Nieflhiem who I play in Blackwald are another side who are taking a gambit rushing in turn 0, they have great units in their army but the starting ones are pretty naff. Van and Hellhielm, Abyssia are 3 others who can turn 1 rush an independent without a combat pretenders assistance, probably others too.

Isn't BL's starting army atavi warriors+archers?

Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    Isn't BL's starting army atavi warriors+archers?
    Yeah hmm, that's quite different.

I'll run simulations when I get home.

Network Hub
    Yeah, the starter army is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    Yeah, the starter army is pretty bad.
    We are talking about you not to you!

If it was any other nation it would be totally competent at patrolling to overtax, but makartas mean its not even the best option for that.

If it was any other nation it would be totally competent at patrolling to overtax, but makartas mean its not even the best option for that.
    I think animals only suffer a negative when they besiege (not sure about siege defence).

I just meant with upkeep costs, makartas are 5 gold 1 resource, cheapest unit for patrolling disregarding those with a patrol bonus.

If so then this post.
    Makes no sense whatsoever.

Makartas are pro patrollers, who knew?

Yeah, it made a lot more sense in my head where it had a lot more context. The starting army includes non makartas, and those mean its more expensive than the (relatively) ideal all-makarta patrol group.

Well balls, I've missed turn 2 completely. I literally got the Turn 3 mail while I was sorting myself out in the game. What happened to all the time we had for Turn 1?

If we are set on enforcing 24 hour time limits I'm not sure I'll be able to contribute to this game after all. Some evenings I just don't have time to sit in front of a computer.

(EDIT: Sorry, words coloured by early morning grouchiness and annoyance at having lost a turn of research/conquest. I certainly don't want to concede this game unless I really have to. At the very least, could we put the deadline closer to midday? It would give me a chance to use the mornings, like today.)
    Last edited by Screwie; 03-07-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Does this mean a rollback because my pretender died... Twice?

And became hall of fame leader, what happened to that Ermor guy with 41xp?

What about 48 hour turns, that way everyone gets a full day from when they first see the turn to when they submit it.

I have a prompt on my phone when I get emails so I usually never miss turns, but I used to play a browser based evelike in a clan and we all had text alerts set up.

Getting woken up at 2 am because your homeworld is under attack? That's hardcore.

Yeah, this post is a collection of disparate thoughts, read it like a list if you like.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 03-07-2013 at 09:12 AM.

O.o, I just checked and I was pretty sure I set the time interfall to 72 hours and a 24 hour reminder. Turns out that resetting the game back to the pretenders phase also resets the timers.

Screwie it's your call, if you want a rollback then you can have one.

This will result in a rollback to the last turn with all orders already send in staying in, only screwie ads his orders.