Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1119
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Sorry, I don't mean to speak out of turn.
    Not at all, you haven't said anything wrong, the players have been good with uploading turns, I agree completely.Me and (i think) Nahru are more whinging about the political situation which is half of the game in itself.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Just fyi, I have submitted my turn but the server's not sent a reply yet for some reason.

Probably trying to process a turn for a 500 province map with utter dark and illwinter running.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Probably trying to process a turn for a 500 province map with utter dark and illwinter running.
    Wrong thread? Or is someone preparing to cast these spells? Hmh?

The AI going off-script (and, admittedly, a little hubris on my part) cost me a _lot_ last turn. So right now I feel horrible.

I'm just thankful my economy's strong enough right now to bounce back from this mistake. But it still shouldn't have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahru2 View Post
    Wrong thread? Or is someone preparing to cast these spells? Hmh?
    Yes, exactly this?

Rather I was referring to screwette finding the server slow, utter dark and illwinter kick servers hard while they process hundreds of random invasions.

I'd love to see how your scripting failed Screw, are you aware how the AI decides what to cast? they test fire the script a few times and if it's not gone well enough they swap it out until a spell goes well, after a few fails they'll end up casting a self buff all without outward acknowledgement.

I'd love to see how your scripting failed Screw, are you aware how the AI decides what to cast? they test fire the script a few times and if it's not gone well enough they swap it out until a spell goes well, after a few fails they'll end up casting a self buff all without outward acknowledgement.
    I'll tell you in more detail when I see you on Steam, but suffice to this info alone at least tells me what happened to the mage's script. However I still couldn't have predicted getting the specific horror that would mess my script up.

Network Hub
    Helio, thanks for sending the inspector around with the Orb of Atlantis. I'll store it right next to the Ark you had delivered a few months ago. I'm afraid that there was a slight misunderstanding during delivery.....and...you will need more Tartarians.....and new Golems.....and maybe even a few demi liches. Thanks again!

Obscure Node
    I'm afraid real life has reared its ugly head. Formally request delay till Sunday night although I hope to have turn in Saturday night if all goes well. (As I don't actually do much it does not take long once I can make it to my computer.) Apologies all just been bad week.

Quote Originally Posted by mkivcs View Post
    I'm afraid real life has reared its ugly head. Formally request delay till Sunday night although I hope to have turn in Saturday night if all goes well. (As I don't actually do much it does not take long once I can make it to my computer.) Apologies all just been bad week.
    Granted, the sooner the better though. Hope your week settles down for a peaceful weekend.

Network Hub
    This had better not slow down the artifact shipments you are sending to me Helio!

Network Hub
    Ladies and gents. It has been a fun game, but my position is/has been untenable for quite a while. I am setting to AI this turn. Live long and prosper.

This is a public service announcement.

When I cast astral corruption I informally declared war on everyone (not Vanhielm or Mitclan though) I don't mean to sow the seeds of my own annihilation but you were all meant to start attacking me.
    -Yours Truly Harland "Lord of Horrors" Sanders

Obscure Node

When I cast astral corruption I informally declared war on everyone (not Vanhielm or Mitclan though) I don't mean to sow the seeds of my own annihilation but you were all meant to start attacking me.

Like cool the negative vibes dude, astral corruption is kinda pretty. We can all join together and help you work out these aggressive urges.
    Ermor: Working towards trust between diverse states of existence.
    Last edited by mkivcs; 07-03-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkivcs View Post
    Like cool the negative vibes dude, astral corruption is kinda pretty. We can all join together and help you work out these aggressive urges.
    Ermor: Working towards trust between diverse states of existence.
    YOU ARE BAD AT WARING (warring?)

The problem with an expansive empire it's it's slow to turn the bus around. My armies were fighting Pangea on the other end of the world when you cast Corruption. And of course, Astral Corruption slows overland travel down to boot.

Next time a little more warning would be appreciated. :P

The problem with an expansive empire it's it's slow to turn the bus around. My armies were fighting Pangea on the other end of the world when you cast Corruption. And of course, Astral Corruption slows overland travel down to boot.

Next time a little more warning would be appreciated. :P
    I have found the Gate Stone has solved my logistical issues. You should get one... Oh, right, sorry.

When I want to enter a giant octopus into the tournament the game won't let me - it doesn't even give me the option - but when the AI Atlantis wants to do so it's fine? I see how it is >

Although I did learn you can retreat from tournament fights

My admission to the competition was interrupted by C'tis, his associates routed so he dutifully fled too. Meaning he missed out on the badass hat.

Bravo on C'tis efforts to invade, I didn't lose anything substantial but it was a solid opening attack. If anyone wants to pile on to either of us I welcome it.

When I want to enter a giant octopus into the tournament the game won't let me - it doesn't even give me the option - but when the AI Atlantis wants to do so it's fine? I see how it is >

Although I did learn you can retreat from tournament fights
    You need an amulet of the fish to use an aquatic entrant.

@Helio, yeah, wasn't the full shock and awe I was mustering earlier, but it seemed prudent to stop waiting. Astral corruption hasn't been particularly damaging, but it certainly has made a lot of things much more tedious.