Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar

RPS Social Club Edinburgh

Also I guess this could be a RPS Scotland thing too if enough people were interested but Iím not going to presume to that.

Anyway I live in Edinburgh and would like to have more conversations and social engagement with people who like games and that. I have lots of friends who I enjoy spending time with but theyíre terribly ready salted in regards to things like gaming and stuff, not very adventurous, and I would enjoy talking to peopleís faces about such things rather than just on forums. I donít want to commit massively to anything as my wife is pretty ill and as such there are occasions when that has to come first, I'm not going to be able to give hours and hours over to it but if enough people also wanted to talk to other peopleís faces I could look into finding a venue I guess? I donít really know how stuff like this works. How will we identify each other? Will we wear uniforms?

Anyway PM or note below if interested. Also if this is already a thing then please redirect me elsewhere to said thing and apologies for not being aware before starting this.

Iím not Scottish just so you know, in case thatís important.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Secret handshakes are a must! I would be happy to meet up for a wee pint or something sometime pal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    I was technically supposed to be the guy in charge of Rock Paper Scotland, but I was terrible at it.

One thing I did manage was to set up a Steam group. It's invite only but any member is allowed to invite.
    "Moronic cynicism is a kind of naÔvetť. It's naÔvetť turned inside-out. NaÔvetť wearing a sneer." -Momus

Also to add that there is a fairly active board game club in Edinburgh -

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/993

Groups meet weekly (I am usually down once a week) and we play at the Edinburgh Game Hub, a board game cafe in Tolcross -

http://edinburghgamehub.co.uk/

It has a huge range of games, we play a range of Euros and Thematic games, new players are very welcome and we often go for a pint after, all very informal if anyone fancies a bit of ice-breaking etc.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd be up for meeting some people sometime... my current board game group is a little low on numbers these days! What sort of approximate age range are we looking at?

three flies have fallen into my web eheheh

AHEM. Thanks for the replies folks. It's occured to me since posting this that I chose a pretty stupid time to do so as I'm going to South Africa on holiday in the next fortnight or so and will be busy tying up loose ends at work and such before hand so realistically I'm going to be unavailable until mid July, but am happy to meet up thereafter.

I'm 27 (reads like a 30), I like cheese, football, cricket, videogames, reading, boardgmaing with people who aren't out to destroy me and others and wearing clothes from charity shops. I live in Leith, I can get to anywhere within reason but the best beer per square mile is definiltey round here abouts.

@LowKey-I'm well aquainted with the boardgame hub, one of my friends is a fervent member. I've been a few times but found the average person has just been far more serious about it all than me. I love thematic games, Fury of Dracula is probbaly my favourite, but also a big fan of Chaos in the Old World, Mansions of Madness, Last Night on Earth, and the like, and I find you have to play with people who want to create an expereince rather than just win at all costs. But I'd be delighted to play games with people who fit that criteria. Nothing against power gamers if that's one's thing, it just definitley isn't mine.

I also have a Mordheim Village but haven't painted any of my men's as I cna't find anyone to play with. It could be YOU if that's your thing I guess. Used to love wargaming and painting but I don't have the time now or the ability to overlook imperfections in my painting without getting really annoyed by them.
    Last edited by sonson; 13-06-2013 at 05:40 PM.

25 here, aye some people can be a wee bit like that, the people I play with are not like that really although there is a bit of a lean towards Euros (I am a theme man myself), not exclusively though - last night we played city of horrors and tuluva for example, also love mordheim but unfortunately do not have a warbad, anyway happy to meet up when ever.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    30 myself. And, I've been to the Games Hub a few times - I try to go along to the Go club on Thursdays. I'm not a huge fan of the place: the staff are nice, they have a great selection of games, etc, but I guess I just don't like the feel of the place? A few too many people playing Magic/Warhammer.

I like a variety of games: I play Dominion a lot with my other half, etc.And also like to play War of the Ring (the board game, not the GW game) when I can find somebody who is happy to play a 3 hour board game.

Live up Morningside way myself.

I'd be up for meeting up for a beer somewhere. I'm out of the country for the next couple of weeks with work but if something was arranged after that I'd pop along.

Right people or whatever species you are I'm away for me holidays on Thursday but will be back in the Burgh a week Tuesday and will try and sort something with yous and any subsequent interest-showers on my return.

Just felt like I should say something official rather than let everything slide away into the ether.

Shit, this went well!

Anyone fancy a meet up in the next fortnight or so? For reals this time. For totes reals.

Yep I would be

Ooh, I might be interested!
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Good good, I'll leave the invite open for a few more days and then see what's crackin

I'll be back in country and around from the 10th of December onwards.