Rascal Rider - take part in a violent, futuristic motorcycle racing series

Hello everybody

Just wanted to share some news on the game we are working on at cameleon-labs, a small indie studio starting it's hopefully long and adventurous life.

The first title we are currently working on is Rascal Rider, which will put you in a position of a professional rider who takes part in a motorcycle racing series designed to entertain millions with its unforgiving and violent rules. Beeing on track you and all of your opponents, will be allowed to use different kind of weaponry to claim your place at the finish line. From melee attacks to shooting rival riders in the back - all is allowed. The high-tech protective suit and medical bots standing by the track will keep you in one piece during the race, as long as you can stand the pain of getting trashed over and over...

The basic set of tracks will include:

• 2 track configurations in the giant indoor arena
    • 3 track configurations in high altitude mountain area
    • 3 track configurations in the post industrial area

All of them will be high-end race tracks, epic scale venues build for the spectacular races of the future. However the riders safety was not the top priority when the tracks were designed and built. You may expect some crazy layouts with jumps, narrowings and ultra high speed sections.

You will find some more info and art here:
    Rascal Rider profile on IndieDB
    our website: cameleon-labs.com
    or you can join us on facebook to follow the news

We will be releasing a motion comic story teaser soon, and we are getting ready to hit the Kickstarter in about two months time, as we want to present the idea as good as it deserves to be presented :)

We have just released the story teaser for the Rascal Rider game and graphic novel

Enjoy the show :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    This reminds me of Road Rage and an obscure futuristic DOS racing game I used to play as a kid. But you should consider getting better voice overs or just using none at all ;) The drawing style is nice though.

Thanks for the feedback. Well, you know, being an indie means that you need to use the resources that are available. That's how the beginnings usually look like. The voice overs vere done by only one person, not an easy job ;) But thanks again for the feedback, we actually take this kind of tips seriously.

Oh I like what I see here. Haven't played a futuristic game in a long time other then wipeout. Looking forward to seeing the actual gameplay, might even feature it on my indie channel if i can :-)

Quote Originally Posted by EaglEye View Post
    Oh I like what I see here. Haven't played a futuristic game in a long time other then wipeout. Looking forward to seeing the actual gameplay, might even feature it on my indie channel if i can :-)
    Hi, thanks for feedback. If you ant you can feature the trailer on your channel straight away. It is available for download here: http://cameleon-labs.com/blog/rascal...meet-cyberpunk. And I will make sure to send you the gameplay footage as soon as it will be ready.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    In case you're not aware, this is a Rascal in the US and what immediately popped into my mind upon seeing the thread title:

I'd play that racing game.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    In case you're not aware, this is a Rascal in the US and what immediately popped into my mind upon seeing the thread title:

I'd play that racing game.
    Yes, we know. Maybe one day a mod will be released ;)

You are having a long tradition in using strange and funny names for stuff in US. And that's, in fact, quite cool, a bit of sense of humor in the language.

We have put Rascal Rider on Greenlight as a concept to get some opinions as we continue working, and to make it easy to follow the project development for those who spend most of their time with Steam online ;)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=165407555

Comment, vote and share with your friends if you like it :)

A small update, The Main Theme from the Rascal Rider Soundtrack

music by SoberDrunk: https://myspace.com/soberdrunk/music/songs

I hope at least some of you will like it
    working hard on RASCAL RIDER

The first in-game screenshot is ready to introduce you to the Rascal Rider art style:

rascal_rider_artstyle_screenshot.jpg

Have a look at the HD version here: http://cameleon-labs.com/wp-content/...screenshot.jpg

Feedback is very welcome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Is that cell-shading? Like the style of the bike but something seems off about the rider. I think it's the head area and the flatness of the mask but that might just be the angle. Neat blood effects.

Hi, this is not a typicall cell shading, we are mixing both specular and reflections with outline and some hand painted textures. We will be releasing more shots and a video (hopefully soon), to give you a better idea about this "experiment". I think the problem with the mask may be that in this shot it gets quite a lot of light, that's why it may seem flat like photoshoped celebrities ;)

We have prepared the first series of pre-alpha screenshots.

screen_2.jpgscreen_1.jpgscreen_5.jpgscreen_6.jpgscreen_7.jpg

And a short video from Short Circuit, the first game location.

First gameplay footage coming soon :)

cross-platform multiplayer is a real thing :)

And here we are with the first gameplay video:

still a pre-alpha stage but isn't it the right time to try some crowdfunding? ;)

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ra...ider/x/3895139