8 80.00%
  • Wednesday

1 10.00%
  • Saturday

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Obscure Node
    QQing is pretty much what the official forums are all about. Necros are just the current flavour of the month, before that it was BM rangers, Phantasm mesmers and d/d Elementalists to name a few. What all of those have in common is that they all perform(ed) very well in 1v1 fights, with more limited team fight utility which in tpvp is rather crucial.

Necros still have the same issues they had before the patch in that they can be shut down with relative ease in terms of cc/stuns/focused fire (disclaimer: based on hearsay and limited pvp since the patch). However, they sure do pack a lot more punch and from what I could see the last time I viewed a tpvp scrimmage are actually viable at high levels now as before the team had to be built to babysit the necro.

None the less, I'm sure they'll get nerfed to the ground again, which is a shame.

Activated Node
    It's a metagame situation. In the first 3 days after the patch I was rolling with my necro. 4" burning by itself is nothing, but when you're also taking damage from Terror, perma-poison, and a bunch of bleed stacks it's enough to burn a good chunk of health, and while cc'ed as well. But since the weekend I've been seeing a lot more stability, stun-breaks, cleanses and Melandru runes, and my brief moment at the top of the pile was over...

Anyway, just wanted to buff this to remind people it's happening! Get on mumble and I'll see you around 6pm GMT!

Activated Node
    In fact I'm online early for a change, so anyone wanting to start an hour ahead of schedule hop on! :P

PS. I wanted to BUMP the thread, not buff it.

Let us know how tonight goes and I'll schedule it on the normal calendar.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Great fun tonight, we had a peak of 10 people killing fellow guildies in good humour. Started on the Gunnar's Hold community arena (graciously paid for by Visko) with a few RPS vs RPS matches then dipped into the usual tPvP having two full teams. Once that ended, a few 1v1 duels were arranged back on the GH arena, then, having obliterated (my modesty is legendary) all competition, I went ahead and joined a pub game to finish the daily. Luckily I jumped into a Raid on the Capricorn match which was completely spent underwater. I think only engineers can match that, although I had some close calls with (*blush*) a guardian.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Obscure Node
    Just want to echo the thoughts expressed above (other than the 1v1 duels as I was on the receiving end of the mesmer bait and switcharoo act *sniff*), I had a blast with my glassy ele amidst all the necros

I didn't play long but did enjoy it and even was top player which was very surprising since I had never tried my necro in pvp and I was using weapons and skills I don't normally use.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    This up-to-date tPvP build list seems very useful:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...s_of_the_june/
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Looks good Saph. Stuff like this is exactly the reason I am working on setting up an "useful info and links" thread. For builds, I usually take a look at this (regularly updated):

http://forums.intothemists.com/index...nament-builds/

Activated Node
    Gah I keep forgetting this thread exists, despite starting it and having a reminder for Tuesday nights on my phone! But yeah, last Tuesday was a lot of fun guys, it's very different playing as a team than as an individual, so it was a bit of a learning curve for all of us, but I think it went well!

I logged in cause I just realised that Tuesday is my birthday and I have plans for the evening, so I won't be able to run this! Can any of our other pvp'ers take over and herd people into Heart of the mists and onto mumble? Squirrel? Noaru? Duke? Valconas? Sendo? Trinity? Any other volunteers? We had about 10 people on Tuesday so all we need is 2 people experienced enough to lead a tournament team.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, manveruppd. Even if we miss one Tuesday, it's not a big deal. If someone wants to take over, that's fine but as Hawk said in another thread, we shouldn't impose too much structure or schedules on the week.

Activated Node
    Oh yeah, one Tuesday is not a big deal at all, it's just that the first Tuesday was cancelled due to the patch, so if the 3rd is cancelled too it kinda sucks, especially for those people who don't like going into pvp on their own.

I hate to say this, but this Tuesday is patch day as well

I'll probably be around wanting to test some more specs so I'll try to get the ball rolling.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    I hate to say this, but this Tuesday is patch day as well .
    Yes plus the fact that I will be on holiday end of the week I would rather try the new stuff quickly. WHen I'm back I'll happily do more pvp though as it was great fun last time.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Obscure Node
    Considering that the patch brings the new pvp map, I'll be on to check that out

Activated Node
    OK well 4th time's the charm I guess! I'll be on tomorrow for anyone who wants to join me

Curious what everyone thought of the new map btw. I thought it was crazy fun but really punishing for anyone without a lot of stability! Seems like it was designed SPECIFICALLY to put necros back in their place after the buff they got last week! It should still be the Temple map (with the buffs) when we meet tomorrow though.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I'm not sold on the new map, but then I like my pvp with as few gimicks as possible and still pine for a mode where they can be turned off.

I should be there tomorrow, probably with the necro ^^

Activated Node
    Last night was good fun, we made two tournament teams and played till 8.45, got a few wins even though some of our members were doing tpvp for the first time!

Good to hear, wanted to come but got pulled into a Borderlands 2 session by some mates and ended up playing till midnight.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I was highly put off by the bugginess that we encountered (kicked out of a match we were likely going to win and then put back in from scratch, outnumbered and unable to leave).

Not sure what it was that caused it but I'm always cautious about tuesdays, I remember back in the day we did it on sunday and it worked well for people then.

But yeah, there were some fun matches. I'd definitely like to see a team of experienced spvp'ers take on the tournaments again (although I hadn't realised how much they changed the tournies (how is 1 standalone game a tourney?)).