Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enclave quits

Hybrid View

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar

Enclave quits

http://www.twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho/c/2454284

I guess we don't need to go hunt BCP down any more.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    It's a troll. Most certainly.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    On one hand, good riddance.

On the other, he made a grand exit, blaming SOE for practically everything. Even a couple of weeks after that interview with Higgby. There goes your spokesperson. Great choice...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Sad, now the plan to have a BCP hunting party has to be canceled. Let's hope someone who is able to speak more then scream and shout takes up the flame of "spokesperson".

Also, we better start placing bets on when he returns. I suspect he won't get as much spotlight in BF4 so he will be back. I recon 3-4 months.

Was expecting to see him trash his characters at the end, left disappointed.

Also, I cut the most annoying parts (most of the video, really) but all that strikes me as "boo-whoo, those perky little devs ruined MY game".

Do I need to know this guy?

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Hopefully we can get someone more level headed to step forward now.

On the other hand; whilst he over eggs everything, I kinda agree with with some of the points made and I've been logging in less and less lately.

And no you don't need to know him, especially now he's going.
    He was basically an experienced player that had a bit of a line to talk to some devs as a "community spokesman" type.
    But at the same time he seemed to be a permanently angry dick with some pretty horribly racist, sexist and neo-nazi type beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    But at the same time he seemed to be a permanently angry dick with some pretty horribly racist, sexist and neo-nazi type beliefs.
    Whew, and that guy really had any credibility as "community spokesman"?

I'd rather be punched in the crotch repeatedly than being represented by such a moron.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I don't have the means to check the figures right now but I believe BCP's time in game amounts to c.8 hours per day for each day since release. Surely anyone would get bored after that long? Also, how does he pay the rent?

There's an interesting discussion about the state of the game as part off the reddit thread on this. Summary: higby says 'sad to see you go bcp but we're focusing on new player experience for now'. Community then debates whether to focus on new player or experienced player experience.

Personally, I'm broadly ok with game development progress but I'm impatient so want more continents now, plus lattice on all. As higby says:you can't please everyone all the time!

On reddithttp://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...enclave_quits/
    Last edited by WallyTrooper; 21-06-2013 at 08:30 AM. Reason: typo, link
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    I don't have the means to check the figures right now but I believe BCP's time in game amounts to c.8 hours per day for each day since release. Surely anyone would get bored after that long? Also, how does he pay the rent?
    Did you just go hexadecimal?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Did you just go hexadecimal?
    Dude, you never do full hexidecimal. But ots I'm guessing he meant circa
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

^ This soooo much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Im actually quiet eager to read his farewell post on the enclave website (not up yet). whatever bullshit he pulled (and he pulled a loooooot of bullshit. i wouldnt shake his hand if i met him) he knows what he is talking about. if he talks about balance, game design and the like i couldnt agree more.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Im actually quiet eager to read his farewell post on the enclave website (not up yet). whatever bullshit he pulled (and he pulled a loooooot of bullshit. i wouldnt shake his hand if i met him) he knows what he is talking about. if he talks about balance, game design and the like i couldnt agree more.
    If anyone wants to pose themselves as community rep, they have to start by being nice guys.
    I don't care if he knows the game like the back of his hand. Being there for a long time do not grant you an apology for being full of shit.

Well, I dont blame him for wanting to be something like a community representative. I blame soe for letting him be after all the shit he pulled. Without soe he would have less of an important position within the community. In the end they very often gave bcp a platform.
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Well, I dont blame him for wanting to be something like a community representative. I blame soe for letting him be after all the shit he pulled. Without soe he would have less of an important position within the community. In the end they very often gave bcp a platform.
    PS2 players might have been a bit more vocal about him being an asshole.

A few months ago, it was election time in EVE Online for the Council of Stellar Management (a bunch of players elected by players to be their representative to the devs). One of the guy campaigning for the CSM was a known racist, there was an uproar and CCP dropped him from the elections.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiant View Post
    PS2 players might have been a bit more vocal about him being an asshole.
    No. This was pretty well known, even since PS1 and whenever BCP appeared somewhere people mentioned it.
    During the early stages of PS2 Total Biscuit (getting payed by soe for the promotion) did a stream/video which featured the Enclave. After it got to his attention who the Enclave was he was not able to pull the video (although he wanted to. seems like issues due to the contract with soe) but never again mentioned the Enclave by name and removed any mentioning of them on the video to not promote them any further. At least that surely didn't slip soes attention.

There are even Reddit threads on the Enclave, even one where TB replies:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ad_for/c620lf1

Things like this were around the forums since PS1 (from what I have been told. Only played a little when there was the free trial) and since PS2 started and BCP showed up again. SOE made the decision to give this guy a platform despite all the shit he pulled. The community was vocal enough again and again. SOE knew who they were getting in bed with and they didn't care.

Simple as that.
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...nclave/can8yt1 this post says everything thats needed about the enclave. Hell just read the OP in that thread. The laud themselves for being so clever that they SPLIT COMS! Amazing really I mean this is really going to change the way every other outfit works the comms.

Of course you win fights if you throw 150 people at bases with 1-2 enemy squads and then run away screaming if anyone tries to fight back. If you only play Planetside 2 to win you are going to get bored because the game is not designed to be winnable. There is no endgame condition there is no win. Play for fun or not at all.

Also I love the tears from enclave members who think its unfair to paint them after buzzcut, hell they let themselves be led by that asshole so there really is no painting to be done, they managed that all by themselves. If buzzcut managed to play the game for 8 hours a day since release he is in the same group as the fucking assholes who run racist sites as "Avpixlat" in Sweden and comment on every bit of news how its the immigrants faults.

Edit: Just read Higbys post and what the fuck. Sad to see them go? And he is supposed to represent SoE and Planetside 2, well good to know they like racist, homophobic neo-nazis. Every time Higby or anyone else interacts with buzzcut, watches his treams, talks with them they validate his opinions, not on the game but on everything else. They should have kicked him in the nuts and banned him with the first "GAY ASS NIGGER!" he uttered.
    Last edited by Wardancer; 21-06-2013 at 10:22 AM.