Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Enclave quits

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuraudo View Post
    For example, supposedly damming evidence is that he has pictures associated with his forum posts which label him as an anti-Semite. To be specific, Nazi SS stylings and a screenshot from Schindler's list depicting someone about to be executed via handgun to the head.

I’m curious how one comes to this conclusion. I gather some don’t think it’s funny; I never was claiming that you should all think as highly of Buzz as we do or take part in our culture. I’m asking why this makes him a racist. Or makes us a racist for that matter; most of us, including myself, think many of the same things Buzz does and share in his sense of humor.
    Cultural adoption of SS regalia? Thinking that Nazi executions are funny? I live in a country where displaying those lightning flashes in public would be a criminal offence, 10 minutes' drive from a memorial and cemetry where several dozen Nazi-executed ancestors of people I meet on a daily basis are buried.

You are correct that displaying these images in ignorance does not by default make one a racist. But displaying them with full knowledge of their historical significance and then CLAIMING THIS IS FUNNY? Imho anyone taking this line is in significant ways more despicable and more dangerous than an overt political racist.

To trivialise recent history of this gravity is to pass a line beyond which I believe society has full right to pass judgment upon you. I can but be thankful that the overwhelming concensus judgment of the interested community is that this behaviour is odious; you should be thankful that your association with people like this has been in an online space where you have been able to avoid the very real repercussions that acting like this in the real world would bring.

For example, supposedly damming evidence is that he has pictures associated with his forum posts which label him as an anti-Semite.
    Where on earth did you come to the conclusion that we're accusing him of being an anti-Semite? Let me refresh your memory as to what (i at least) said:

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    ...Someone who publicly uses photographic evidence of anti Semitic Nazi war crimes as a forum banner and incorporates the Nazi SS insignia into their personal username, plainly, is the lowest of the low...
    Where's anti-Semite accusing Wally then? Nope. He's not there! Though i agree that Anti Semites are the lowest of the low, if that's what you're mildly referring to?

To be specific, Nazi SS stylings and a screenshot from Schindler's list depicting someone about to be executed via handgun to the head. I’m curious how one comes to this conclusion. I gather some don’t think it’s funny; I never was claiming that you should all think as highly of Buzz as we do or take part in our culture.

"Oh. Dont worry guy's its ok. It's just a screenshot from a film..."
    No. Denied. Wrong. Completely and utterly irrelevant. Your attempt at justifying it humors me. Anyone who glorifies and/or publicizes historically significant atrocities (for anything other than legitimate historical study) is in my humble opinion, not "funny". In fact, i would go as far as saying that lacking a total grasp of what 'black humor' is, is much funnier in itself. (which is what i'm assuming your beginning stance here is) Well, funnier or pitiful. If he/you guys are all about telling "out-there" jokes, at least be clever about the material or give it some depth. Bleating slurs isnt my idea of hilarity. Go and watch Jimmy Carr or Frankie Boyle, then come back and play your black humor card.

I’m asking why this makes him a racist. Or makes us a racist for that matter; most of us, including myself, think many of the same things Buzz does and share in his sense of humor.
    Your "culture" as you ridiculously put it, is basically to say whatever you want to say and do whatever you want to do. Because you're on the internet. Dont get me wrong, i share a very vibrant sense of humor, i accept that comedic and moral boundaries become transparent when it comes to making people laugh... Obviously, having a complete disregard for what other people might say, think or feel is something anyone is entitled to. But if you're honestly telling us, that you cant even comprehend why (as one example) very frequently using derogatory words that have connotations of slavery, brutality and antisemitism; might result in accusations of racism? Well, then (those who do so) are even more ignorant and disjointed from reality than i first thought...

Not everyone behaves as TE do. So please don't act as if you dont understand why people might challenge or react like this. You cant always have a balance, i know. People such as yourselves, who try to be edgy and push the envelope will always exist. But you also cant have a steaming pile of Waffen SS embellished horse shit immaturely plopped onto your plate. Especially when you booked the table months in advance and actually ordered the Lobster.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 23-06-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    *applauds*

Well said. And, in my view, enough said.
    Well said indeed and way more than this "You're all racists for judging racists based on their racism" line of defense deserved.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    A community wants to grow in such a way that helps maintain the atmosphere they have created. We have seen screenshots that are supposedly from this decision making process in The Enclave.

The way we do this in [RPS] is simple.
    We have one rule:
    Be excellent to each other.

From what we know, no Enclave leader would last an evening playing without breaking that rule. The rule does not mean we cannot take the piss out of each other, but there's a big difference between laughing with someone at their own actions and, in your words:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuraudo
    We laugh at the expense of the person getting yelled at, but the person always screws up and deserves it.
    Laughing with someone or laughing at someone seems tiny but is a huge difference. You will never find an RPS leader who thinks someone deserves to be yelled at. Nor anyone that feels someone deserves to be laughed at.

That is why we are better than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Cooper just summed up pretty much everything I was about to rant about at length.

I will hate Buzz forever for those vulcan buffs

he was pretty terrible at that other stuff too

also, I think RPS is pretty spokespersonny already: smed specifically asked to be at rezzed because of RPS/ Jims affiliation with the game, the pro7 guys seemed like they were definitely on our side and on the same wavelenght and this person in the original post seems like a bastard, so no worries there.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."