Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enclave quits

Obscure Node
    If they are serious about following EVE's example on how to foster and develop a strong community, perhaps something like the CSM is in order. One representative per faction per server, with full access but non-disclosure of the data analysis, discussing matters in an organised and formalised manner.
    The problem is that the CSM has been largely useless with only a few small examples recently and you can only really say one of the CSM's have been successful. The rest have either been Ignored by CCP (the creators of EVE) and reguarded as something to be indulged or have been either useless or ruined by infighting. The only Truly successful CSM (CSM 6) was headed by The Mittani who weather you love him or loathe him got stuff done and helped worked out some of the most troublesome periods in EVE, the thing is that even he admits that their is only so much that can be done in formal meetings and that the best time to get stuff done was later on when your out getting slashed with some devs in an Icelandic bar sore were back to the informal thing again. Its only now 18 months to 2 years on from his time that the formal meetings are starting to get useful although that may have something to do with the last CSM basically sabotaging itself right from the start with a mad power grab from two members which that CSM never recovered from

"condone" is the word you're looking for.

He wasn't on our server, he never impinged on my game, he seems like a deeply angry young man. Can't say he's a big loss, 1 player in thousands. Sad that SoE saw him as something bigger, guess he wasn't.

Wardancers makes a good point - on our worst, mass channel, drunken, scythe crashing, flash riding mayhem nights - we still manage to stick together, redeploy and drop on our leaders. This does not seem special.

Making a lot of noise and sounding off with a bunch of insults, which would probably get him chucked out of a sports team or a bar without appeal, does not a leader make.

I like that RPS is a generally pretty inclusive, and patient. I also think Miller might just be slightly more mature generally - the whole PS1 outfit thing and not being recommended for so long had left us with the die hards, I can only think of one instance in the 7-8 months or so I've been playing where even a 'baddie' was actually rude rather than just cheeky.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    I also think Miller might just be slightly more mature generally - the whole PS1 outfit thing and not being recommended for so long had left us with the die hards, I can only think of one instance in the 7-8 months or so I've been playing where even a 'baddie' was actually rude rather than just cheeky.
    I've seen from other players that abuse coming from those they've killed whilst not common is something to be expected from time to time.

Now on miller I've either been super unobservant when it's happened or it's not happened to me at all :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Immature and rude behaviour does occur on Miller, but I can count the number of times I have experienced it on one hand. Whether this applies only to Miller or to Planetside 2 as a whole I cannot tell, but I'm largely happy with the community of this game.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I'd agree with all of the above statements - including Grible, who helped out my word blank moment - we have a community on Miller that extends beyond RPS that is particularly good when it comes to online gaming (the RPS outfit is, without doubt, some of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to play alongside). Examples like BCP only serve to underline how important that is, because it's a clear example of what other people seem willing to put up with.

Obscure Node
    Enclave meatshield #1351 here:

For those of us who happen to be one of the minorities who Buzz and/or The Enclave supposedly despises, it's pretty illuminating to read the hate coming from your end. One has to wonder what is fueling the rage to the point where you feel the need to construct fantasies.

Look, I get that you guys don't like him because he says what's on his mind and it's often offensive to a portion of the internet, but why lie about him? I find lying more offensive than anything Buzz could possibly say, but then I guess different strokes?

The following link to an original album about Planetside 2 is relevant, especially since it was created by one of our mixed race guys. Not that that should matter ever in any way, shape, or form, but people's lies, much like the ones in this thread, about Buzz being some massive nazi, racist, "homophone," .etc tend to annoy me enough to bring it up.

https://soundcloud.com/moses-hazel/s...nd-the-baddies

Personally, I think it's pretty catchy. I put it on my ipod.

It's 'homophobe' and I've seen more than enough screencaps of BCP forum posts on the Enclave to form a very clear opinion of him.

Good luck trying to rewrite your own history!

Edit: Probably worth locking this thread before it turns into a flame war.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    It's 'homophobe'

Edit: Probably worth locking this thread before it turns into a flame war.
    I think he put it inside quotes on purpose

As for closing the thread, as a moderator I don't feel it's necessary yet. Nothing inflamatory or offensive has been posted yet.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 22-06-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Network Hub
    Thanks for taking the time to respond, Kuraudo. I formed a bad impression of BCP when I learnt that he uses a still from Schindler's List as a forum avatar. Perhaps this was a fabrication, perhaps I just misunderstood (somehow) the context. But it is that sort of thing you would need to address to change my opinion of him. Sure, I'm glad to hear your outfit doesn't enforce a whites only policy, but neither does the British National Party.
    Last edited by b3ll3nd; 22-06-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: moved quotes to separate post

Network Hub
    Too late for quotes I guess but since it's pun o'clock: "Sorry to hear you're Goering." "Don't let the door Hitler on the way out."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuraudo View Post
    One has to wonder what is fueling the rage to the point where you feel the need to construct fantasies.
    Not that that should matter ever in any way, shape, or form, but people's lies, much like the ones in this thread, about Buzz being some massive nazi, racist, "homophone," .etc tend to annoy me enough to bring it up.
    Could you please elaborate on what specific "fantasies" and "lies" you have found to be circulating here? What are the misconceptions?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Enclave meatshield #1351 here:...
    Firstly, thanks for taking the time to post in our forum. Which is open for everyone to read, judge, and even post in. And whose design is not like the following:
    BEEU_4CCQAEm2AA.jpg

Actually, I've been aware of that album. In fact, I think it was my first exposure to the Enclave, back when I started playing the game. I knew nothing of your outfit's or leader's history back then. I think I'd read on Cracked.com about the funeral bombing in PS1, but I hadn't made the connection yet.

The thing is, it proves nothing. Besides Mussolini's rejection of the concept of biological races, there are modern race supremacy leaders who have no problem with other races, as long as each one keeps separate and they know their place. You know, not spewing pinko liberal gibberish and such.

You are right, though. We don't like him. But not because he speaks his mind. That we already do here, and somehow noone gets abused. We don't like him because he takes what should be a fun pass time and turns it into an experiment in pavlovian contitioning. He would abuse everyone and anyone if not performing according to his wishes. He could be a fun guy, in his twisted way, when you performed as he wanted you. But that is fair, right?

I have not the time, the inclination or the energy to further discuss this matter. This is the internet. We all post in hastiness, fueled by emotion. But the internet makes up for that, by providing a constant public record. And his behaviour is there, recorded. If you choose to be blind to it, that is a shame. We do not. History and current political realities in Europe both weigh in heavily.

This site and this community is about PC gaming, promoting it and fostering it. And that goes beyond the bytes in our hard drives. It is also about the impact of PC gaming in our lives, be that cultural, societal, political or economic.

PS: By the way, who was a vegetarian, didn't smoke or drink, loved children, dogs and long walks in the country, was a gracious and amusing host, enjoyed painting in his spare time and lived a bohemian youth as an aspiring artist? Sounds like a nice guy...
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 22-06-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Ever go to your own forum and read it Kuradudo? I do, but only for as long as I can go without vomiting. Here's one of your charming recruitment videos;

For those too square and fuddy duddy to understand the sophisticated detached ironic humour contained I'll break it down as quickly as possible;

Before one minute was up we had the words "jew", "gay" and "nigger". In your recruitment video. That your outfit made. Now again, I'm sure you probably think you're being like Stone and Parker with this outrageous edgy humour but its so gratuitous and there's no point being made. Just highly insecure young men mouthing off a bunch of loaded words.

In a recruitment video.

To encourage like-minded people to come join in.

Presumably your mixed race friends found those N-bombs pretty hilarious?

Enclave meatshield #1351 here...

...but people's lies, much like the ones in this thread, about Buzz being some massive nazi, racist, "homophone," .etc tend to annoy me enough to bring it up.
    bcpa.jpg

Someone who publicly uses photographic evidence of anti Semitic Nazi war crimes as a forum banner and incorporates the Nazi SS insignia into their personal username, plainly, is the lowest of the low and pure scum. Non of us need to lie about anything. You only need to glance at his post history to see the amount of bile that he regurgitates out onto the internet. Anti women, anti gay, anti social more like... Lies? I think, perhaps, you're lying to yourself there, "meatshield #1351"

Aside from our utter contempt for this imbecile, what gets to us more is that "we're" somewhat represented by him. That Matt Higby, The Creative Director of the fucking game, has had this Grima Wormtounge figure dribbling bullshit into his ear. I for one as a member of the "competitive gaming audience" am not comfortable being represented by some abrasive neck dipper.

Thanks for your contribution to the forum though.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

The screencap MrElectic posted alone, is enough for me to despise this guy. So yeah, I am VERY gratefull that he is off playing another game. He will not be missed!
    @NickWhite: Thanks. Couldnt have worded it better^^
    Last edited by Chaoskilla; 22-06-2013 at 03:03 PM.

I think we can consider the counter-post from Kurado re. BCP as well and truly rebuffed.

Obscure Node
    I apologize for not taking the time to respond to each and every individual post; I am told that brevity is both the soul of wit and comprehension, so I decided to err on the side of not writing a thousand word essay. I have selected the posts which I believe cover the necessary aspects of contention adequately.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Could you please elaborate on what specific "fantasies" and "lies" you have found to be circulating here? What are the misconceptions?
    I'd be happy to; specifically the talk about Buzz being a racist, .etc

Some people were kind enough to bring up examples which give me the opportunity to question the logic which brings them to conclude (presumably on their own accord) that these lies, some of which have been going on and recycled for over a decade, are the truth.

For example, supposedly damming evidence is that he has pictures associated with his forum posts which label him as an anti-Semite. To be specific, Nazi SS stylings and a screenshot from Schindler's list depicting someone about to be executed via handgun to the head.

Iím curious how one comes to this conclusion. I gather some donít think itís funny; I never was claiming that you should all think as highly of Buzz as we do or take part in our culture. Iím asking why this makes him a racist. Or makes us a racist for that matter; most of us, including myself, think many of the same things Buzz does and share in his sense of humor.

Going with this line of inquiry, Iím often told by people who hate Buzz that ďwho you spend your time with tends to reflect on your own sensibilities.Ē

Somewhat of a straw man, but humor me as I see it often enough that I'd like to address it.

The inference here being that I am an anti-semite for spending so much time playing games with Buzz, but if that is the case (I would point out that it is patently impossible), does that make Buzz a lover of jews, women, transgendered, .etc for spending time laughing, playing games, and just talking with us for as long as he has? He spent as much time in Planetside 2 as he did for us; he has hated the game since the end of beta.

Moving on from addressing lies:

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    You are right, though. We don't like him. But not because he speaks his mind. That we already do here, and somehow noone gets abused. We don't like him because he takes what should be a fun pass time and turns it into an experiment in pavlovian contitioning. He would abuse everyone and anyone if not performing according to his wishes. He could be a fun guy, in his twisted way, when you performed as he wanted you. But that is fair, right?
    Is yelling abuse? Buzz yells a lot; we yell a lot, but the point is that itís not just Buzz. As a squad lead, I have yelled at someone on rare occasions. Does that make me a monster? We laugh at the expense of the person getting yelled at, but the person always screws up and deserves it. Chances are, they never do it again. While Iíve never been yelled at by Buzz, I have been in a team situation outside of videogames many times where this has happened to me; this actually tends to create bonds of camaraderie among groups of people.

If someone doesn't like it, they can leave (and some do). We make a big deal both in our recruitment sessions and on the actual recruitment pages about what to expect in The Enclave; our primary requirement above all else is that a recruit possess a thick skin.

In fact, we devoted an entire chapter in our field manual about it.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks right? I understand that such an environment is not for you. Itís not for a lot of my friends either, but why hate us over this? Why call it abuse? Iím genuinely curious. For the record, I think this point of contention with us is more credible than the others (which strike me as a combination of group-think combined with distinct hatred for a cultural environment).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    If my entire sense of humour was based around posting pictures of naked children and throwing phrases around like "that underage kid has a really nice arse", I would not be as incredulous as yourself if people mistook me for a paedophile. Even if I thought that stupid shit was the funniest thing in the world, I'd still have the self awareness to understand why others would not.

if you quack like a duck, walk like a duck and post hate speech like a duck then don't be surprised when people are less than charitable about your claims to be a pigeon.

I also find it curious that an outfit with such thick skin has so many members that are upset with people calling their leader mean names. Why even bother addressing it if you know the truth? The best revenge is living well.
    Last edited by jaguar skills; 23-06-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    If my entire sense of humour was based around posting pictures of naked children and throwing phrases around like "that underage kid has a really nice arse", I would not be as incredulous as yourself if people mistook me for a paedophile. Even if I thought that stupid shit was the funniest thing in the world, I'd still have the self awareness to understand why others would not.

if you quack like a duck, walk like a duck and post hate speech like a duck then don't be surprised when people are less than charitable about your claims to be a pigeon.

I also find it curious that an outfit with such thick skin has so many members that are upset with people calling their leader mean names. Why even bother addressing it if you know the truth? The best revenge is living well.
    *applauds*

Well said. And, in my view, enough said.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Well said. And, in my view, enough said.
    This ^^ (plus ten characters)