Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Sorry for vanishing guys - power cut basically took me out completely. Hope you all had a good time in PS2!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Okay, so did something come of this? Staying out of the very chatty superchannel seemed to also have left us out of the Rezzed action, which made me a bit sad. Better organisation next time, please.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Even being in the large channel, I felt a bit left out. The Delta Rezzed squad seemed to mostly be doing their thing while the rest of us more or less zerged along. Could've worked better.

At least we got a footprint at Rezzed! It was all last minute etc. but yeah we could plan ahead for the next one
    PS2 a.k.a. PurpleSnow
    also available on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'd love to know how this was received at Rezzed. My take on it was that we really needed to have split comms before it got busy. I think that's something that could have been said about many times we've played this game yet as an outfit we still struggle to learn this lesson. We ended up splitting comms when it was busy which meant people couldn't hear, plans couldn't be properly discussed, etc. However, we still shot lasers and it was the lag rather than anything else which hindered my enjoyment.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    I'd love to know how this was received at Rezzed. My take on it was that we really needed to have split comms before it got busy. I think that's something that could have been said about many times we've played this game yet as an outfit we still struggle to learn this lesson. We ended up splitting comms when it was busy which meant people couldn't hear, plans couldn't be properly discussed, etc. However, we still shot lasers and it was the lag rather than anything else which hindered my enjoyment.
    Something related I've noticed recently is that we seem to be getting more and more very quiet squads. I know sometimes we all have it where we can't talk but is this people just not bothering anymore? Mics are cheap and make comms so much easier!
    PS2 a.k.a. PurpleSnow
    also available on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Just join whichever squad mr_day is in. You dont even need to say anything, he'll have entire converations with himself if you let him.

Just in case my dry delivery is misinterpreted I should qualify it by saying thats a joke and I love mr_day very much. Arent jokes funnier when they have to be explained in great detail?

Really need to put my overlay on, Who's the guy that always does the 'or is it' routine, cracks me up every time

Or does it??

Network Hub
    Quick update, it went really well. The planetside guys were really happy, thank you all so much for helping out. Sorry its a bit short post but phone and forum not friends.

Obscure Node
    To every RPS Vanu scum that was at Rezzed, I am the guy from BRTD who was there, I just came here to say that it was pretty interesting speaking and playing with you guys, and I hope I see you on the battlefield later!

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkist0 View Post
    To every RPS Vanu scum that was at Rezzed, I am the guy from BRTD who was there, I just came here to say that it was pretty interesting speaking and playing with you guys, and I hope I see you on the battlefield later!
    Hey, nice to speak to you too! I was the guy that wouldn't shut up.

My ZOE MAX is also looking for a chat! :P

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Okay, so did something come of this? Staying out of the very chatty superchannel seemed to also have left us out of the Rezzed action, which made me a bit sad. Better organisation next time, please.

Problem there wasnt much more we could have done to organise. We didnt even know this was possible till the end of Saturday when the PS2 guys mentioned they could do this for us. The intention was to tac on our rezzed squad to a 3 squad platoon and have one of us take over for an hour and the rest of the platoon follow us in doing flashy things.

Counter intuitvely, the audience we had wern't all that interested in the squad play stuff we were doing, but were really engaged with the Galaxy Bridge. The reaction to it on PS2 Europe facebook too has been one of "WOW! Is that even possible?" and "Man that looks awesome!"

Either way it went down really well. Me and Cooper even got interviewed so we'll keep an eye out for how those turn out.

We even had a few people trying out the game, and some people returning to it, interested in our outfit, even those from opposite factions on different servers, but we'll see how that pans out.

Again sorry for lack of notice and/or organisation, but this wasnt really about us as an outfit playing together, but more creating a spectacle for the audience at the show.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Thanks everyone who turned up.

Totally did not expect so many people, I'm sure if we had more prep time we could have arranged a much better comms system.

Those of you inn the "whole platoon" channel that included us at Rezzed were being broadcasted by speaker into the hall btw... People watching seemed to enjoy that.

Apologies to those who felt a bit left out. I honestly did not expect to have even a whole platoon on. Moreover things moved so fast we had no time to set things up better our end.

My personal highlight was the flawless MAX crash I organised that stormed into assault an empty building...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    The reaction to it on PS2 Europe facebook too has been one of "WOW! Is that even possible?" and "Man that looks awesome!"
    Don't forget the jealous responses and calls of favouritism.

I'd say it went pretty well on the show floor, especially considering it was organised at 10.30pm while in a restaurant! I can't wait to try more gal bridge antics. Dewi and I were thinking up more crazy ideas about what we can do in game. Including drawing RPS or the Vanu logo using squad beacons. *mmm, bacons*