Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rock, Paper, Stun Now! GUILD THREAD

Hello everyone.
    I decided to make that thread for guild related matters, and I will start off with a sweet announcement: the guild just reached 200 members! And this is pretty cool.

Who to scream at (admins and officers):

StarMatt, Beardface, Chaosdwarft, Cheynio, Kaira-, Narcotic

How to join: we need to catch you ingame! The simplest way (afaik) is for you to come in the Rock, Paper, Shotgun channel ingame. What I do is when I'm online I invite everyone in that channel to join the guild and you can either accept or decline. Obviously the guild is opened to everyone, whatever level you are.
    But I could use some help! So I'm going to appoint 2 or 3 more officers for that purpose, but also to create some events such as contests and guild-only games for fun. So if you feel you're up to the task, add me on steam or reply to this thread.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that we have a lot of noobs in the guild, which is definitely awesome. Don't be afraid to ask for help or for parties! The easiest way (and imo the most fun) is to meet and regularly play with people at your level and learn the game together. You can also ask for people to play with in this thread, as it can be hard to do ingame since not everybody is constantly hanging in the guild chat.
    I'm not going to make a rule list or whatever, I believe everybody here knows how to behave, but don't get frustrated if your teammates are noobs. We all are somewhat, and I'd like this guild to remain a happy doto place.

Finally, I'd like thanks to every member of the guild I know or not, I met some really nice people (most of the people I play with I know from RPS).

GLHF, and may the stomp be with you.

edit: MUMBLE! It's awesome, join it.
    SERVER server.herosquad.org PORT 64738
    Last edited by starmatt; 19-11-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Steam

Sure, I'd be up to being an officer, seeing how most of my time outside of work is spent on Dota despite being a horrible player. :P

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Might wanna link the google docs sheet showing everyone's experience level starmatt.

RPS doto, best doto.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Might wanna link the google docs sheet showing everyone's experience level starmatt.

RPS doto, best doto.
    Do people really read it ?
    Steam

Obscure Node
    Hello,

literally only registered to RPS on account of finding friendly people to play with, as I'm sick with people just being all shouty and mean.

I'd like to join the RPS DOTA guild, but does anyone know how to leave a guild that you're in? I was Ninja invited to one and finding the leave button has me vexxed

im pretty sure you can be member at several guilds

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    In that case, when I get home from work I'll just join the RPS channel and sit around awkwardly untill someone takes pity! Thank you!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    4 last time I checked.

Obscure Node
    What would be the best times to catch someone who can invite online?

Running on GMT flat, here.

I'll be around this afternoon and tonight.
    I'm planning to play a bit of A Machine For Pigs but that just can't last very long
    Steam

By the way, I didn't announce it, but Kaira and Beardface are now officers too! SHOUT AT THEM IF YOU WANT AN INVITE.
    Last edited by starmatt; 10-10-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    Steam

Please welcome Narcotic and Cheynio as our new officers!

Also, I'm trying to find a bit of time to do some events on the week end, like a little tournament with my common duplicates as a reward. So hang in there, it might be soon. I could use some help, too
    BUT 10 MAN DIRETIDE, let's do it! If people wants to play Diretide with other RPS folks just add a password (such as 'RPS' before queuing for diretide) and let people know on the channel.
    Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Awesome happy to have a thread, had some good games with fellow RPSers, I particularly remember the games with Graerth a week or so ago, good games

ye matt i too want those commons you have

I'd like to play on of them all mid same hero games again, they were pretty fun!
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

I'm in the channel, in game, but no invites yet (for the guild)

Have you received one yet? Try to add me on steam and I'll add throw an invite at your direction.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Would it be OK to have some daily or bidaily or weekly "time to play Dota" type announcements for the Steam group?

I have the NS2 one, and on Saturdays I think I get a ping to say "scheduled NS2 event"

Could we get something similar for Dota 2? I don't really know many people on RPS that well yet to get games regularly, so just wondering if that's possible. Haven't had a chance to play for a bit either.

Am I missing something or is the guld channel dead 99.9% of the time? I've yet to see one game organized in the chat channel? What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by OpT1mUs View Post
    Am I missing something or is the guld channel dead 99.9% of the time? I've yet to see one game organized in the chat channel? What am I missing here?
    That's pretty accurate, though there are likely a lot of guild members playing together in smaller parties.

Most of the RPS matches I've played have been organized either by Friends List invites or by seeking one out ahead of time in Mumble. I don't often have the extra time necessary to wait for a 5-man group to assemble. Combine that with time zone issues + skill disparity and you'll find this is one RPS group who plays less together than some other groups. I don't think that's really a big issue, but rather just the nature of the beast. I can't hop in or out of something like I did with Tribes.

Organizing guild matches ahead of time might help foster what some folks are after, though. Speaking for myself, I see the guild as a nice bonus for people to play with, rather than something that must make me feel included. I don't always have the time to play another round, etc., but it's nice when one is going on.
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 25-11-2013 at 05:17 PM.