Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'll try to be there. I'm a terrible driver and even more terrible pilot but I'll do the meatbag with pleasure.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani

I shall also try to be there. I'm reasonably skilled at Scythe piloting. I can fly pretty low and do tight turns etc...I can fly through the occasional bridge at high speed, but I need to practice it more.

I can drive other vehicles ok, but the only one I've certed for performance is the Sundie.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'm decent at flying, especially Galaxies, and a decent enough driver, but I can't join tonight. I'm up for it on some other night, though.

Same here, sadly. Damn you, Reallife *fistshake*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I'll see if I can make it. If I can, can be NC or VS.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Well I'd be shocked if we manage to get everything done in one go so there's likely going to be more than one opportunity to make the credits roll last longer than the actual video

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    I'm up for this. Not a stellar pilot or driver, but happy to be the boots on the ground.

Going to drop a little more detail in here so people have a better idea of what to expect and what niches they can fill.

Music I will be using is this arrangement of J-E-N-O-V-A from underground indie videogame Final Fantasy 7:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIlkvisQM6c

Don't go! I know what I'm doing, honestly! Every time I hear that version of it, I'm put in mind of car chases in movies about the 20's. It starts slow but when it gets going it's epic without being the clichéd, played out Requiem for a Dream type of epic. As I detail what happens I'll put down where abouts in the song we will be.

0:00 - 0:18 : Two enemies steal a fancy looking Harasser. I was going to cop out and have two VS explain through some exposition that they're actually NC/TR using disguises, but with the Traitor volunteers I may just shoot a little section where two NC go behind a sunderer then come out the other side as VS to show rather than tell. I think it's still better to go with it being a VS harasser thats stolen rather than just an NC harasser being chased as I just know it'll get blown up by randoms between takes.

Anyway, the NC take the harasser and it begins its journey to get away from enemy territory. Initially they are pursued by two other VS harassers. (enter at 0:18) These two will be standard issue boring purple ones so no certs required to pull and replacements can be sourced easily. There will be some jostling and, depending on how many people we have available, shots fired that come very close. I'd also like some pyrotechnics as this is happening, so anyone not driving will be able to put C4 on the route and set it off at just close enough proximity to not blow everyone to hell. Sounds exciting, and I'm sure the first two or three takes will be. But I'll want something like 7 identical takes from multiple angles so the boring bit will be having the discipline to do it over and over whilst holding tight enough formations to get everyone in shot. This will continue as something of a stalemate until 1:29 - 1:41 where the two purple harassers will be apparently knocked off the road out of shot, but not blown up.

The main harasser then has a free road until 1:47 where it drives into some sort of base with plenty of cover and elevation. It will be ambushed by infantry opening fire with everything we have. Everyone with MAXes, HA's, anything that makes big booms all firing near to but never quite at the harasser.

At 2:00 we exit the base and immediately 2/3 scythes are on our tail. Only machine gun fire at this point. At 2:11 I'd like an extra scythe or maybe even a lib to chip in, but that depends on how both close a formation we can get in a shot and also whether the lib is actually fast enough to keep up. I think I've fought for the UFC light heavyweight title more often than flown a lib so I have no idea. At 2:23 the intensity of fire ratchets up with rocketpods and anything else with big booms. Maybe even some more artificial C4 stuff. Some of it hits the harasser, to the point where it smokes.

Now! 2:45 is where we have multiple options. I originally conceived it as enemy fighters coming as the cavalry, with the NC volunteers we could possibly pull it off too. I'm wary once again of public dipshits being drawn like moths to a flame and ruining the takes but its worth a try. Failing that, the harassers own cannon will take out the air in quick succession / the passenger is a HA with lock on missiles. If we do use the reavers they will leave at the 2:57 mark. At 2:57 more infantry try to take on the oncoming harasser and get run over / shot for their troubles.

At 3:09 we see the NC warpgate in the distance. For a closeup shot I'm going to actually go and film separately as an NC myself to establish the shot, but when we then cut to the harasser again it will actually be the VS warpgate that we see since it will be too far away to actually see the emblem. So long as we see the shield that's enough. At 3:15 we cut to a barricade being prepared on the road ahead, two sunderers, two lightnings and as many infantry as we have people left. Various cutting to establish the threat looming closer and closer as the harasser approaches. As it looks like things can't get any worse, at 3:37 the two harassers from before flank and begin their attack again. In an effort to evade both them and the roadblock we veer off the road at 3:49 towards a cliff edge. At 4:05 the harasser goes flying off the cliff. Cut to black.

I don't know why I said it was ludicrously ambitious and impossible. Seems pretty straight forward written down like that.

Network Hub
    At 2:11 I'd like an extra scythe or maybe even a lib to chip in, but that depends on how both close a formation we can get in a shot and also whether the lib is actually fast enough to keep up.

Think you can put afterburners on a lib, so in theory it should be able to keep pace for at least short distances? Though I don't know if anyone actually brought them for it.

Have you decided which locations/continent you are going to use? Reading this I was thinking how cool it would be to burn through split peak as part of the journey.

Lesser Hivemind Node WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'm not going to start putting a creative oar in but I'll just say that as I read your description of 2:00 - 2:11 I imagined a shot of three scythes flying overhead in formation like the Red Arrows. Just throwing it out as a suggestion, won't bat an eyelid if it's ignored.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Surly, when I planned it out in my head it was all indar, however we'll probably have to be pragmatic and go with whichever continent has the most vanu owned space to play with. Then we just pray an alert doesn't happen there. Thinking about it, esamir could be the best one for contrast and visuals.

Wally, that's a really good idea. Maybe have them come in on the establishing shot and break up to do the attack. If we have pilots who can definitely do that without blowing up then I'm up for filming it for sure.

If you need a german shouting "Stop, Schweinhund" or "Mein Laiben" somewhere in there, I could provide that XD

I love it, but did you consider adding some stunt jumps? Or even Harasser on gal ? Dunno how hard it would be, but that would make for a set piece that still changes from the constant explosions.

Edit : hmm, i suggested that because harassers are good at turbo and stunt but i didn't think about the music constraint. That might not fit (i haven't listened to it yet, I'm still at work)
    Last edited by Ksempac; 25-06-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    If you do wind up going with NC as the cavalry, you have my hAxesaw.
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    The main harasser then has a free road until 1:47 where it drives into some sort of base with plenty of cover and elevation. It will be ambushed by infantry opening fire with everything we have. Everyone with MAXes, HA's, anything that makes big booms all firing near to but never quite at the harasser.
    Best place would seem to be something like Splitpeak Pass for that.

Also, what chances are for PTS being empty at the time?

Ksempac, the script is just a framework of the bare minimum I'd like in there so we're quite flexible. I imagine I won't know the proper story until I start editing and find out what works and what doesn't. But yeah, I'd quite like some jumps scattered in amongst the piece. Mainly during the chases with the other harassers.

Good call on the PTS, bankrotas. That said, I've never used it. Would we have to download another client for it to work? If so that could be a sticking point if anyone with slow connections don't have it already.

Only problem with PTS is we would not have any funky camo's etc.
    AKA Rushtone

Well, it could be used for future things with PTS, cause dling 4,5 GB is fine for me, probably isn't for everyone. Will check, what can we do on PTS

Hmm, no certs etc by default either? Thats surprising, I thought the whole point was to test everything. Or have I got this wrong and its actually like VR?

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Hmm, no certs etc by default either? Thats surprising, I thought the whole point was to test everything. Or have I got this wrong and its actually like VR?
    10k certs by default on PTS