Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Oh well thats not too bad, we can buy scopes and camo and things then. Could anyone who isn't able to do PTS confirm before we start this evening? If anyone can't then we'll take our chances on Miller. In the meantime I'll download the PTS client and try it myself.

Here's the link, lazybones: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...active.114080/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Do think, there's a work around for cosmetics too, but can't find it. Either that, or people waste their real money on that.

Edit: nope only in VR you get that.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 25-06-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    The PTS gets incredibly quiet at times. An NC harasser, if babysat, will survive in VS territory easily.

I'd like to be there but am prepping for my viva so probably shouldn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I've had a look at test server and sc is required for cosmetics. Bit shit really, means we would have to go with normal camo etc and I need the cosmetics to make it clear who is who. Unless anyone has a way around it or already has the gear for some reason?

No can do for me, the test server requires 15GB, and that amount of HDD space is a luxury unafforded to me at this point. That said, surely it would be possible to film in two 'locations' (test and live) and cut the footage together. Needs a continuity guy, so the NC in disguise don't switch camo or weapons sights, or anything else the internet will spend it's time on to pick up and point out.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    last i checked (two weeks ago or so), camo was purchasable with certs on there. i uninstalled that thing a while ago though and won't be redownloading it.

Can't d/l PTS. Too large with this little notice. A live environment could be more "interesting".

Thoughts on driving off cliff ending and Ksempac suggestion: Ends with Harasser driving off cliff, seemingly to it's demise. The two chasing Harassers slowly pull up to the edge and stop. suddenly a gal comes up vertically into view, the Harasser on it's roof, then flies off into the sunset, cargo safely on top.

Network Hub
    I don't have it public test installed.

I have heard that you can save time by starting the download to create the file paths etc. then pausing it, you then copy your existing live installation, after which you run the test launcher integrity check to download the changes. Apparently the changed files are pretty small. So I may give that a whirl.

Unfortunately not sure if I'll time to do it before the flying training though.

OK no probs we're going with the live environment for now.

Rei, funny you mention the Gal because I did consider having one in the first draft. Only for me it was going to be have the passengers jump out of the harasser and into the Gal. Then I remembered they were stealing the harasser and slapped myself for being so stupid.

Your idea makes a lot more sense, though I wonder just how fast the Gal could get away. I seem to remember when we tried moving a gal with just infantry on top movement was comically restrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    Can't d/l PTS. Too large with this little notice. A live environment could be more "interesting".

Thoughts on driving off cliff ending and Ksempac suggestion: Ends with Harasser driving off cliff, seemingly to it's demise. The two chasing Harassers slowly pull up to the edge and stop. suddenly a gal comes up vertically into view, the Harasser on it's roof, then flies off into the sunset, cargo safely on top.
    That's exactly what I was thinking about, and if jaguar wants to include that, I wanna try to actually pull it off (instead of using a 2nd harasser/clever cam position to switch them). Maybe it wouldn't work at all, but at least trying it with a few volunteers could be a lot of fun.

Currently dling PTS, in case it's needed for a future shoot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Real life strikes again... I'll not be on until 9 at the earliest. Will help if I can at that point. Also, u have a certed up Harasser (racer, boost, giraffe, saron) so let me know if you'd like it as I could log in, pull it and log out.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Real life strikes again... I'll not be on until 9 at the earliest. Will help if I can at that point. Also, u have a certed up Harasser (racer, boost, giraffe, saron) so let me know if you'd like it as I could log in, pull it and log out.
    Me too, tiny dancing girls have kept me from my machine. Which keeps overheating in it's cupboard since GU11.

you've got tiny dancing girls overheating in your cupboard? ummm.... *dials 999*... "hello, i need the number for '999', its an emergency..."

Thanks everyone who took part this evening, we got some awesome shots! I'll be on again soon to sort out the next time for us to meet, at this rate we'll be done in no time.

I think there was an unfortunately timed Saron reload on my part in that last shot, hope it still worked out!

Obscure Node
    What server and what faction are you guys on?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Check this page (for the Vanu Sovereignty outfit):
    http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/

Update for those following the project, I did a bit of editing today and so far I've got about a minute or so of nearly uninterrupted and really good stuff. It needs tightening and we'll probably have to reshoot a few things and add extra shots to make the pacing better, but all in all I have high hopes for it.

Once I've done all the editing I can at this point I'll arrange another shooting session, this time we'll do the things that require the most people first and work backwards to have less people standing around (thanks for the tip cmaster!).

So, the main edit is coming on pretty well. It's a long way from us needing to start filming again yet but in the meantime I thought I'd give a little peek behind the curtain and show a few of the shots I've mostly had to let go. I've made the most of it by getting a sound test out of it. I'm experimenting with techniques an for a totally different video which will feature a car stereo at one point. Bear in mind that this was the primary focus of what I'm posting, the visual edit makes no sense at all and only serves to give me a bunch of different shots to change sound levels over.

Anyway, I'm only posting this videos existence here. It's public and subscribers will see it, but other than that this is just between us.

Last edited by jaguar skills; 27-06-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Merika..FUCK YEAH XD