Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I can't wait for another shooting session, and of course, the final result, because that's a lot of fun

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Aww, none of my footage

Looking pretty good, I think, although a little "twitchy" on some of the early shots.

That's already pretty sweet. I especially like the side on shots from around 0:50.

I think the sound still needs a bit of balancing as the music sounds on top of the other audio rather than interspersed. I shouldn't be commenting as I hardly know what I'm on about and you're the expert. I don't even know how you achieve any of this. Keep up the good work!

The alert sound when you're driving under the bridge.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Aww, none of my footage

Looking pretty good, I think, although a little "twitchy" on some of the early shots.
    To be fair, as mentioned that montage is mostly binnable stuff. Yours is actually in the real edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    That's already pretty sweet. I especially like the side on shots from around 0:50.

I think the sound still needs a bit of balancing as the music sounds on top of the other audio rather than interspersed. I shouldn't be commenting as I hardly know what I'm on about and you're the expert. I don't even know how you achieve any of this. Keep up the good work!
    I agree, but that'll take more work. That was my first go at it to see if it would even sound remotely convincing. I think my proudest moment was the bridge where I got it to cut in and out as the car went behind things. It'll come with time and practice.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

I've also just updated my subscription scavving video and I've included snippets of the chase there too to futureproof it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I've also just updated my subscription scavving video and I've included snippets of the chase there too to futureproof it.

Awesome. Loving the music (as I usually do with yours). What's the track?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thoughts on watching the soundtest for a second time:

We need lots more of those shots taken on the move. They are awesome.

Also, I need to try and not capture mumble chat somehow.

Track is Power Glove by Knife Party, they who composed Vanu National Anthem Destroy Them With Lazers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    CMaster: if you have a second sound device somehow, an extra sound card besides the one built into the motherboard, an external soundcard, a headset acting as a separate sound device like the G930 does etc, you can have Mumble use a different device than Planetside, and have Fraps (or whatever) just capture the "game sound device". Worked a charm for me when shooting for QuantaPussaaaaay.

What I get from this is I need lumifiber on my vehicles to be featured in these videos of yours.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua (N80) + [RPS] Namassi Melua (G80) + a few more.
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

Hi Jaguar, I'll throw my name into the mix for driving/infantry work if you still need bodies.

The sound editing on the bridge piece was incredible and a great idea. I understand it was a first draft so I hope you don't mind me throwing my opinion in - the sound level drop was too severe for the size of some of the obstructions, especially the small rocks where the sound would likely propagate around these quite well, so it may be worth factoring the size of the obstruction into severity of the volume drop.

Can't wait to see this evolve into a full piece, a great step forward from your already incredible music videos!

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    To be fair, as mentioned that montage is mostly binnable stuff. Yours is actually in the real edit
    Aw, you mean to say the bit where Vas and I flipped over won't make it into the final cut? :P

Thanks for the feedback stoopid and any/all suggestions are welcome. Im no expert on sound stuff (not that im an expert on the visual stuff either, im just slightly less naieve after 6 months of practicing) so even with that being a rough proof of concept theres so much to improve on. The main issue im having at the moment is I dont have much control over the volume other than the fading tools on the edge of clips. Anyone with experience of vegas know a better way to manipulate volume step by step like in fruity loops or dedicated audio tools?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Vegas also lets you set the individual level of an entire clip - drag a line down from the top of the clip box.
    You can change the shape of the fade too, forget exactly how, right click I think.
    That, and splitting clips gives you a lot of control. I think you can do more though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Anyone with experience of vegas know a better way to manipulate volume step by step like in fruity loops or dedicated audio tools?
    My version of vegas came with dedicated sound software (AudioForge or something). Nowhere near as advanced as fruity loops but good enough to adjust volume and fade different segments of track (plus a bunch of other options I've never bothered to tinker with). Perhaps worth checking if your vegas licence gives you access to this too.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Thanks cmaster but what you described was the limits of my current knowledge. To get the different constant levels I was using multiple channels then splitting the audio after each fade. What id prefer is a way to set individual peaks etc in one channel so I can fine tune it.

And wally, ill have a look but if Im going external I might as well use a standalone tool I already know. Sony being sony id have thought vegas would have this stuff already. Ill do some more googling to make sure I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks cmaster but what you described was the limits of my current knowledge. To get the different constant levels I was using multiple channels then splitting the audio after each fade. What id prefer is a way to set individual peaks etc in one channel so I can fine tune it.
    You don't need to use any more than one channel was my point. Will investigate further when I get home.

Oh wait I know what youre saying its the lip at the top of the audio track and you can pull it down right? I think I get it, ta