Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    So sad that harasser that flipped on the esamir part didnt explode would have been bloody awesome

Also a max in the backseat spraying bullets everywhere would have made it even more MURICA, FUCK YEAH! But looking good, love the concept =)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The amplitude modulation fx lets you change amplitude with respect to time. It's not as nice as the video FX in terms of syncing etc via the interface, but it is probably easier than anything else.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Ah well. Ill think of something. I should say as well im tentatively going for this monday evening as a time to do some more shooting. Hopefully by then ill have a new toy that could make the ambitious shots easier. Ill keep you posted but in the meantime could people confirm availability? Even if theres a few of us we could do reshoots of existing modest stuff that didnt quite work the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

I'm in !

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I should be able to join on Monday.

Network Hub
    Should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Surlywombat View Post
    Should be fine.
    Just as well, without your Wombatmobile, we're a bit fucked
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Monday evening (8pm again?) is fine by me. I'll try to not 'accidentally' shoot the target vehicle so much this time.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I agree, but that'll take more work. That was my first go at it to see if it would even sound remotely convincing. I think my proudest moment was the bridge where I got it to cut in and out as the car went behind things. It'll come with time and practice.
    I feel like I was a harsh critic. I reckon it hit the uncanny valley slightly. It was so close to being right. I have every expectation that it'll come together.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I've also just updated my subscription scavving video and I've included snippets of the chase there too to futureproof it.
    @ 0:01 - You spelt "wot" wrong lol

RE: Next shooting. Hoping to make it tomorrow, but may be a wee bit late. 9pm maybe?

I'll be available from about 8pm on Monday, looking forward to shooting again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou
    I feel like I was a harsh critic.
    Nah, not at all. When you're so close to something you're building you tend to lose objectivity, so honest criticism is far more useful to me than an ego boost.

That said, if an ego boost has been earned I'm certainly not above it so they're welcome too.

When I first listened to it I just had my speakers on. When I listened with headphones your findings were far more clear. I've decided to figure two things out for the next one;

1. An efficient way to always make gunfire be "louder" than the music, so it sort of blasts over it. I can't remember the term for it but there's algorithms in FL and programs like it that will do this to automatically adjust sound levels to compensate for increasing amounts of instruments.

2. Dat Doppler. I want the pitch to increase as the vehicle gets closer then decrease as it goes away, like it would in real observations. Again, this is something I can definitely do in other software but it would be nice to do it without leaving (las?) Vegas.

If it's anything like last time we'll probably end up being organised enough for the first shots at 9ish anyway. Aiming for 8 officially still.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'm out Monday nights, so no filming for me. You'll manage anyway surely.

Ok, sadly my new toy has not been delivered by santa yet so tonight im thinking we can go ahead anyway but instead of concentrating on the main project, we can instead do a more bombastic short giraffe recruitment video whilst still practising skills we will need for the main thing when ready.

Basically, depending on how many people are up for it id like to pull the full spectrum of giraffe camoed vehicles that we can and ride around in close formation. Sorry about the last minute change but it will still be fun and everyone can get involved as it will be less strictly structured than last week. Think of it as a silly monday of sorts.

8pm start still.

You guys still up for this?

Got all giraffe camo, and I'm willing to do pretty much anything. Except for that thing last time with the dragon fruit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I stumbled across a video this evening that reminded me of your concept idea

Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is there going to be another filming session for this soon?

I know you were wanting the free-camera, but I think that could be a long wait, and we were getting some pretty good shots on foot, and especially from vehicles. Would be nice to make some progress towards getting the hours of filming time already done used, rather than letting it languish (especially as I haven't seen many other vids making extensive usage of harasser/flash chase cam, but you can bet they will become more common. Sooner release gives us more impact I think.

For what it's worth I haven't forgotten about this idea, but the initial experience of making it has taught me some lessons about planning ahead that I'm still absorbing. I want everything perfect before I ask people to give up their time to help me again. The two main issues are times of day / continuity and the visual language explaining whats going on and keeping it lively. For example, we shot that introduction of the chase cars so many times, but in the edit I couldn't get it to make sense. Likewise, I may have rushed the bit where the NC kill and take the uniforms because I was anxious of how many people we had.

My plan is to work out exactly how many people I need for each bit, get it all written down and then be strict about only shooting what we can with the maximum number of people. I'll post back here when I've got it all figured out.

I am quite happy to stand around for ages, no pressure from this end

I sat/hovered around for 4-5 hours quite happily admiring the process in action.

Yes, I'm a weirdo...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    If help is needed I'm happy to take part at any point.