Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar

New video - Treason (starring RTRS)

Last time I did an RTRS video it was a bit silly. I wanted to make up for that tonight but between the suicidal zerg we were with and the newbies pissing about in the warpgate, there's more than a little silliness here too. I had a great couple of hours playing, sorry I wasn't talkative but as you can see I was concentrating

I threw in some links at the very end, please let me know if you'd prefer different addresses or whatever.

Oh, thanks to everyone that suggested guitar/metal/rock songs. Appreciate you taking time out of your days to do that, and as you can see it was totally worth it as I ignored you all and went with Thin Lizzy. Still, I imagine Laldy prefers this song to that noisy electro bullshit I used in the last video!

Dreddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...tside_2_video/

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Awesome video as ever, Jaguar!

Guess who the giraffe in the corner at 0:31 was!

Do you have the spectator camera thing now then?

Also, what's that song right at the end during the RTRS click-through stuff and where do i know it from?
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Last time I did an RTRS video it was a bit silly. I wanted to make up for that tonight but between the suicidal zerg we were with and the newbies pissing about in the warpgate, there's more than a little silliness here too. I had a great couple of hours playing, sorry I wasn't talkative but as you can see I was concentrating

I threw in some links at the very end, please let me know if you'd prefer different addresses or whatever.

Oh, thanks to everyone that suggested guitar/metal/rock songs. Appreciate you taking time out of your days to do that, and as you can see it was totally worth it as I ignored you all and went with Thin Lizzy. Still, I imagine Laldy prefers this song to that noisy electro bullshit I used in the last video!

Dreddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...tside_2_video/

SOE should pay you money for making so many awesome PS2 ads.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

Thanks all! Was that a giraffe lunar? Hard to tell but if you're hiding in a corner you're doing it wrong.

Nick, I've used that song before in an early timelapse test but you'll likely have heard it a few times elsewhere. It's a Justin Beiber song slowed down by 800% and although you may think any song would sound great like that, there's something about that particular one that I've always really liked. No observer cam yet, hopefully before the weekend is up but this one was done the old fashioned way. The TR were dreadful last night which was the main thing keeping me alive.

And the day I ever make a penny for these things is also the day the music gets a lot less interesting since those greedy piggy record labels would be on SOE like flies around shit. Since the music is 70% of the whole thing to me, Id rather do it for free than end up in the situation Yahtzee did (before the escapist deal he used a different intro song each week instead of that generic rock thing he has). That said, only four more videos til arthouse is over so maybe Ill try something less legally minefieldy next.
    Last edited by jaguar skills; 29-06-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Man, you linked me at the end. I've been on YT in lots of different guises but you're only the 2nd person to actually link back to me. I used to link to loads of people but the favour wasn't returned in 99% of cases so I quit doing it because it beat the love out of me and left me a shell housing pure nerdrage at my peers. Thanks man, I'll try to shoot the Vanu next to you rather than you if we ever meet on the field, even if you're the engineer and the one next to you is a ZOE MAX.

Thanks all! Was that a giraffe lunar? Hard to tell but if you're hiding in a corner you're doing it wrong.
    I was still trying to get used to the fact that the guns were doing less pew pew, more bang bang. I managed a decent kill streak in that base defense in the end.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Awesome video!

That said, only four more videos til arthouse is over so maybe Ill try something less legally minefieldy next.
    If there's only four more arthouse videos are you open to suggestions? How about a video of dancing Maxes? They look like they're moonwalking when they walk backwards (check out 0:30 in Khoroksho for example) and they look really funny when crouching or jumping.

Whatever you do I know it'll have quality music and I'll enjoy watching it!
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This is aptly named. Vanu is displeased by the choice of music in this one, traitor!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Game always looks fricking awesome on your system - are you post-proc at all or is that all in engine?

All natural baby! The only thing I do is limit my capture of footage to 24fps, if you'd like to see why then go see The Hobbit in 48fps and wonder how a multi-million dollar movie can look cheap. If I was capturing me just playing the game I'd want to go as close to 60fps as possible but this is a different experience.

Wally, sounds kind of neat but the only rule I set myself with the arthouse stuff is I never stage anything and most of the time I don't even tell who I'm with that I'm recording. Sometimes people see me crouch strafing and not facing the enemy at all so it's obvious what I'm doing but I can't do much about that. So unless people spontaneously do a MAX moonwalk it's unlikely to get in one of those videos. That said, the plan is to put more thought and effort into longer projects so there may be a place for it down the line so thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    It's a Justin Beiber song slowed down by 800% and although you may think any song would sound great like that, there's something about that particular one that I've always really liked.
    Haha, could never have guessed. Sounded like something by Max Corbacho (only click if you don't have an aversion to flowers). The 800% slower Bieber was apparently made using a program called paulstretch. Tried it out on a couple of songs, stunning effect.
    Last edited by LaKroy; 29-06-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    The 800% slower Bieber was apparently made using a program called paulstretch. Tried it out on a couple of songs, stunning effect.
    That's absolutely right, I think the version I put in the video was one I made with paulstretch as I didn't believe it could be true at first. Another fun fact, it heavily inspired the good Judge Dredd film for the slo-mo sequences. Which basically means one of the most violent, proper 18 rated films of 2012 is heavily inspired by a brat in a Ferrari. If you haven't seen Dredd, it comes highly recommended even if you're not a fan of the comic. He leaves the bucket on his head the whole time and everything.

http://metronews.ca/scene/374978/dre...ou-a-belieber/

Oh snap. I always put a pun for the reddit link on these things and actually put this one as Dreddit, total coincidence as I only just thought about that connection! The subconcious is a strange place.
    Last edited by jaguar skills; 29-06-2013 at 04:09 PM.