Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That was fun.

The Galaxy being shot down by reaver + lib shot = AMAZING.

The tune was perhaps a little too much for me, but I love it's weird Hadouken!-like vibe (with a hint of Justice?)

I'd never usually listen to music in that genre, but I'm liking it a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I can only resist using Knife Party so many more times [...]
    If you used any Deftones music then I'll be delighted, unless you're referring to the band named after their song - then I'll be indifferent as I don't know their stuff. You've Seen The Butcher is an awesome Deftones song (as is almost any song from the White Pony album or later), but I don't know how it would work within the context you'll be using it.

Laldy's mentioned some good bands - Pantera have some more overtly aggressive music on Vulgar Display of Power and Ministry's Psalm 69 has some really, really good songs on it as well.

Just for laughs I'll also throw in Arch Enemy's Ravenous (some swearing at the start btw). The phrase "carniverous Jesus" always makes me chuckle.

May I direct your attention to some regional pride? Just ignore the video and listen to the music.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Surlywombat View Post
    Love the video, they need to put in a camera harasser with a seat on the front too! Amazing tracking shots and edits.

I kinda like chiptunes, perhaps its because I grew up with them. Chipzel is amazing, the super hexagon soundtrack especially, and when you consider she probably wasn't even alive when most of the sound chips she uses were invented...
    Funny you mention Chipzel, she's one of the only things I uploaded for the sake of uploading it. I couldn't find the album version of To The Sky on youtube so just uploaded it as a fan wanting to help other fans out. Didn't plug it, didn't even mention it anywhere. It's nearly got 800 views now so I guess it was a worthwhile service to give.

Also, goes without saying but I discovered her through Super Hexagon which I'm also a massive fan of, but that's a boring story for another time.

That's a good point about being that young and doing chiptune, it's reassuring in a way because it legitimises it as an artform somewhat instead of it depending on nostalgia.

Obscure Node
    Great editing, beautiful images and i love the air fight scene at 0:45, but you took quite the risk with that song. In my opinion it distracts from the video because it's too intense.
    Another thing, it lacks a narrative. You should always tell a story.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Sometimes I strive for some sort of narrative or theme but other times I just want a bunch of shit flying around. Also, with the songs I pick pretty personal stuff because in the end I'm making things I'd like to see rather than what I think will get more hits.
    If you have a look at my youtube channel there's a few with a narrative/theme, probably the one I'm proudest of is Entropy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LPTC...4610Xn&index=2

Also this short trailer type thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naPCu...SMWoxdVu4610Xn

Hope you like!

I'm a big fan of chiptune (I've probably got more chiptunes albums than any other genre) so count me in the 2%

Yep! Another absolute banger from the man-cat hybrid. No wonder he's so good!

Agreed with Laldy on the need for some Black Sabbath. I can also really imagine Living Colour being the soundtrack to one of your vids. Furthermore, Röyksopp also deserves a mention, they've churned out some very atmospheric music over the years.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

There are different ways to tell a story. For me, this told the Planetside story perfectly: it's super chaotic, looks beautiful, all kinds of crazy stuff happens and it's a lot of fun. Great work! Plus I loved the music - never heard of any of these bands, I have a lot of new tunes to check out now!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Black Sabbath - War Pigs for some suitable lyrics? Trouble is it's so damn long... skip to a minute in if you can't be arsed with the intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGPD0ZBiMs0

Obscure Node
    Chiptunes discussion?

Anyone mention FantomenK yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJGbHJi5LS8

You're welcome.

Back in my music making days I got a compliment from fantomenk for a track I put together. Made my day so much im still going on about it ten years later.

So yeah, big fan of the massacre in particular.

I'm surprised no one mentionned Random yet.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua (N80) + [RPS] Namassi Melua (G80) + a few more.
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

The megaman dude? I like me a bit of splash woman but that ff7 concept album was a bit much in places. Definitely one of the least embarrasing nerdcore guys out there since hes not really a nerd.

RE: Khoroksho
    I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiant View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentionned Random yet.
    Ignore my last comment, I assumed you meant the other Random who raps about videogames! Obviously neither of them realised how other people might think of that name first. That guy you posted is really good, reminds me of the bloke that did the VVVVVV soundtrack.

The random I was thinking of is this guy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPEa8mWxYkQ

He did a whole concept hiphop album based around megaman, which somehow is nowhere near as awful as I just made it sound. I think you could make Splash Woman into a charting single legitimately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Ignore my last comment, I assumed you meant the other Random who raps about videogames!
    Okay, I thought I was missing something because I wasn't seeing the point, now I do!
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua (N80) + [RPS] Namassi Melua (G80) + a few more.
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

Mega Man rap? This here should be interesting for you then^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU7JqewM40Q

Obscure Node
    Back in my music making days I got a compliment from fantomenk for a track I put together. Made my day so much im still going on about it ten years later.

So yeah, big fan of the massacre in particular.
    Would love to hear said tune.