Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar

Question CCEU Season 2 Sign-up

Signups are on!

https://twitter.com/ps2commclash/sta...66325412651008
    http://www.ps2commclash.com/teamform.html

Looks like 36 person teams.
    Combining RTRS and RPS I'm not sure we can make the numbers, given issues last time making 24.

Since it is team based we could consider talking to another outfit and fielding half each?

Thoughts, opinions, poetry and haikus are appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j1Nv_POlu1T8jcQJaK7pAFNhpCcTbcQCbiVELqD90js/viewform?usp=send_form

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Information is scarce, but for what it's worth I'm in.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Network Hub
    As far as I know, the team rosters are 36 players, from which you draw 24 players to play in each match. So, theoretically, we just need our Season 1 roster + some subs to round out the numbers.

With that said, though, we're at an even greater disadvantage going into this than we were going into last season. I'm all for signing up, but you're not fighting Outfits any more. You're fighting 36-player teams who will recruit the best pilots and players they can get their hands on and field them accordingly.

Since teams will stack talent as efficiently as they can, it's hardly as if it's going to be us + the best of DIGT and DWG. Compromising with another Outfit (although possibly necessary) is a shame, since it means bumping RPS players off the team we field. Since we only play for the fun of it and the challenge, it's a bit counterintuitive to our aims.

Lastly, and this is a personal point, but one I'd like to stress - do we want to play in a league where DasAnfall are named the winners and are not in any way sanctioned or penalised for their behaviour (not their team construction, their conduct)? I have a great deal of sympathy for WASP's position - they have no interest in playing in Community Clash as long as it remains in this state, carrying with it all the stereotypical drama and toxicity of videogame competition.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I think we could get the numbers without going outside the outfit but I'll wait to see what response we get on this thread to prove me right or wrong.

On the point about DA being both the winners and a bunch of [people that write abusive stuff on reddit etc.]... I'm in favour of not letting that sway the decision on participating. If one or two outfits don't join as a protest there will be no effect. If loads of outfits do it there will be no CCEU. So I'd say if we want to do something about it the best course of action is to not let it affect us and if we end up in the CCEU then be the examples of good sports to show DA how it's done. We're much more likely to be able to change things as a part of CCEU than as angry people on the outside.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Network Hub
    Just a couple of points, from an outside observer -

1) If we're not part of the league, then we'll miss the chance to influence it. If nothing else, we could be a beacon of good manners and fair play. I don't think anyone's thinking we'll do well initially, but it's a chance to become part of something. Plus it's the only way to get better at it.

2) I loved watching the RPS team in action. Even if we get beaten every game, it means something to me just to see the community represented. I don't think being part of the RTS / Traitor outfits has ever been about being good as such (otherwise I wouldn't be in them ) but more about being a friendly place to play with awesome people. As such, thinking about whether we're going to get our arse kicked shouldn't be a consideration. So I'd agree with Fish Food Carl that we shouldn't compromise with another team.
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I also think we shouldn't care to much about the whole DA thing. This is about us, not them. And I must say that more than anything, I had a lot of fun last season. No, we didn't win. But we improved, both as a team and on a personal level (at least for me) and we got much closer as a community. The weeks I was busy, I only played PS2 during our trainings. That's how much they meant for me and how fun they were. So I just don't care about DA.

On that note, I want to play with an RPS team. That is, traitors and giraffes united under the flag och RockPaperShotgun and this wonderful community we have built together. I don't want us to be in a situation were people get kicked for bringing in "ringers" or anything of the kind. We are a team, all of you and I. And I play either with you, or not at all.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Teamwork and joy
    Brought from hardest of toil
    Let us prepare

Activated Node
    id love to take part

I'd be happy to take a place on the sub bench, as I've not always got time to commit to training schedules (if they're early in the week at least)

I've got parenthood and whatnot that gets in the way sometimes, but I am happy to contribute if needed. I sooner see my sorry arse on the bench than an outsider.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What Stoopid just said
    To pledge myself as reserve
    Smell the victory

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, like Carl says, its a "Squad" of 36, from which you pick your team of 24 on match days. As we got 40-50 signups last time it shouldn't be a big dela to fill, and it also shouldn't matter if you don't fill it (maybe if we only had say 30, fill out the last 6 with blatant "ringers" like Justicia, MattiAce and Daddy :P).

The EU side of things all seemed pretty good natured last time, and also pretty seperate from the US one, so I wouldn;t worry too much about DA and their shenanigans.

I however, won't be joining up for a bunch of reasons, which I'll give if people ask, but would be self-indulgent to list off the cuff.

Edit: After the (very minor) drama around leadership last time, it would be good to see someone (or several someones, even better) stepping up to be the nominal "Team Leader" - which doesn't have to be an in game leader in any way.
    Last edited by CMaster; 06-05-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Would probably be in for season 2 also.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Edit: After the (very minor) drama around leadership last time, it would be good to see someone (or several someones, even better) stepping up to be the nominal "Team Leader" - which doesn't have to be an in game leader in any way.
    I agree wholeheartedly. The sooner leadership can be sorted out, the better. And it's good if several people can share the burden. We don't want someone burning out because they were doing it alone.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm in, and am also happy to take some kind of leadership role, whether in-game or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'm in certainly. Would be lovely to see another push for enhanced squad play!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Cool. Ok.

Most people i've spoken to who took part in S1 of CCEU felt really rewarded by the experience and those who spoke seemed very keen to participate in it again if given the opportunity. So, i suggest that somebody else steps up and helps me make it a reality once again. As soon as we get the ground level organisation sorted we effectively gain a bit more of a credible foundation, from which - we can show any interested parties that we're prepared and ready to officially begin recording interest for a preliminary team of 36.

So, what we will need is:

2 CCEU Managers. Whilst being open to perhaps having one more.

1) I propose myself, considering my experience and knowledge of the process during season 1.

2) ?

3) ?

Job Description.
    The organisation and running of the following CCEU aspects:

Admin.
    Participants & Reserves.
    Platoon format & structure (Eg. 4x9 or 3x12).
    SLs and PL info.
    Training activities & focuses.
    Scrims.
    ComClash duties.
    etc.

These two people would drive the process forward and work together to improve and maintain it. Whether or not they would be best suited to roles of in-game leadership on top of this; would probably depend on the person i guess. There's not a lot more i would add to this right now, considering it's early stages.

Side Note:
    [If the worst comes to the worst and we fail to gain enough numbers, there are couple of friendly close-nit, good quality, regular VS Outfits that i know of who might be up for combining forces with us to make a team. Obviously though, i'd have to discuss it with their leaders first and wouldn't consider doing so until we'd absorbed as much interest as possible from our own gene pool.]
    Last edited by NickWhite; 07-05-2014 at 02:17 AM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    As always, if it comes down to the actual matches and you are short on numbers, I can probably join in, but im afraid I cant/dont really want to commit to training sessions and the like. You can consider me a reserve though.
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Form filled in. It would do with a 'tentatively, yes' response to the leading willingness questions, however.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168