Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You could play with the "Rock" part, use guitars, rock horns?, Speakers? - You guys get better music anyhow.

Also I'd start with the NC main logo and doctor it - that way you fit into the game style better. You could make that "egale head" bit into a dead giraffe quite easily and replace the star in the middle with crossed jackhammer and guitar. I started making a mock up but my Gimp-Fu is weak and I'm going to bed instead.

Obscure Node
    I was thinking of something like this as a concept but with a Vanguard, Reavers and a drop pod in the place of the conventional vehicles in the emblem. And also something about big game hunting..

Activated Node
    So I tried iterating on some of the great ideas mentioned in this thread and the attached is what I came up with.

I really liked Bobbinboots Aegis Shield idea but I reckoned it was a bit too much for this already busy logo.
    I also tried Grible's idea of a guitar but it just kind of got in the way of the shotgun and mag cutter.

I kind of ran out of time on this so the rock is a little perfunctory but I think it more or less works.

What do you all think?
    Too much/too complicated?

(This was a quick export for test purposes but the original source is a vector image so I can do other versions of different sizes easy enough.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Love Evanzan's. The shotgun makes it a bit busy, think just the Magcutter is enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

There are some good ideas floating around! Evanzan: if we roll with that giraffe design is it possible to have the giraffe's head pointing more to the right, like it's splayed out across the floor?

Just for the hell of it, as it's not even a logo - done as GIMP practice as I've not used it in ages:

RTRS_a.jpg

Evan, thats brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Evanzan's and eltdown's submissions made me laugh. I really like Evanzan's play on the usual NC logo. Just three things, because it's really easy to be a critic:

1) Agree with Cooper the shotgun makes it a bit too busy, just the magcutter would be good
    2) Agree with eltdown that the giraffe head -might- look better pointing right (but it might elongate the picture a bit too much)
    3) Perhaps have the characters RTRS coming down in a line just above the giraffe's head - preferably in a 3d-looking font / fancy font with nice added stylings

Just suggestions, but it looks really good as it is anyway, brilliant job.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evanzan View Post
    So I tried iterating on some of the great ideas mentioned in this thread and the attached is what I came up with.

I really liked Bobbinboots Aegis Shield idea but I reckoned it was a bit too much for this already busy logo.
    I also tried Grible's idea of a guitar but it just kind of got in the way of the shotgun and mag cutter.

I kind of ran out of time on this so the rock is a little perfunctory but I think it more or less works.

What do you all think?
    Too much/too complicated?

(This was a quick export for test purposes but the original source is a vector image so I can do other versions of different sizes easy enough.)
    For a test purpose it's fucking awesome, I had to supress my laugh but got was giggling enough to get teary eyed
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd suggest that while Evanzan's got the right idea, it needs to be more stylized, more of a logo. Right now it's more of a nice drawing, that would lack clarity as a logo.

Activated Node
    Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.
    I'll do some alternate versions later on and post them for comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper
    The shotgun makes it a bit busy, think just the Magcutter is enough...
    Yeah, I know what you mean.
    I'm a bit loathe to remove it as it is a vital part of the Rock Traitor Shotgun triad, however, might have to bite the bullet and simplify things.
    If I remove the shotgun, I'll take out the rock too and make it more of an altered NC logo with mag-cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltdown
    if we roll with that giraffe design is it possible to have the giraffe's head pointing more to the right, like it's splayed out across the floor?
    Sorry, not entirely sure what you mean.
    Do you want the head pointing more to the right than down as it is currently?
    If so, will give it a try.
    (Will have to tweak the original Vanu head shape a bit so we'll see if I manage!)

Perhaps have the characters RTRS coming down in a line just above the giraffe's head
    I can try adding in the 'RTRS' letters though not sure if it is really needed.

Does anyone have strong opinions on fonts?
    Should I just steal the RPS (VS) font (which I gather is Faktos)?

preferably in a 3d-looking font / fancy font with nice added stylings
    The days of Microsoft WordArt are gone, Ayam, you need to let them go! :-P

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    it needs to be more stylized, more of a logo. Right now it's more of a nice drawing, that would lack clarity as a logo.
    I think partly simplification (remove rock/shotgun) will help here although I can try to make it a little less cartoony. Not sure I want to go quite as stylised as the Vanu logo though.

EDIT:

Okay, a draft of some new versions based on the comments.
    Any further thoughts?

RTRS_Logo_v2_selection.jpg

EDIT 2:

Okay, attached image is rubbish.
    Try this link for a larger version.

EDIT 3:

And some embellishments to the basic logo based on local feedback.
    (More blood, tried for tongue hanging out.)
    Attached or via this link.

RTRS_Logo_v2_embellished.jpg

Okay, sorry, I'll stop updating this post now! :-/
    Last edited by Dr.Evanzan; 28-06-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Adding images

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evanzan View Post

I love the idea of riffing on the vanu outfit as a giraffe murderer thing.

What I would suggest is having a more cleanly cut knife, and maybe slightly larger sticking out top left to offset from the giraffe bottom right. (im thinking along the lines of the BF3 premium knife, ACB, if anybody has seen that?).

I like variant B, with no tongue and no text.

Love the use of our logos giraffe though, and the overall roundel style with simple colours.

Its suitably different, yet still feels RPS.

Nice job Evanzan.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I really like variant A. Don't think you need to get rid of the shotty and rock, perhaps make the magcutter a bit bigger like Pauly suggests, so it breaks out of the border like the shotty?

Awesome job, you are putting our logo to shame! Once again I leave this thread, never to return.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Let's revive this. RTRS need a logo!

Oh wow, I did indeed post a picture here! Waffly also posted a blue and yellow zebcorn somewhere - we could try to do something with that as well. Because zebcorns.

Found it (although the linework needs... cleaning up a bit): http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post347386

Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    Oh wow, I did indeed post a picture here! Waffly also posted a blue and yellow zebcorn somewhere - we could try to do something with that as well. Because zebcorns.

Found it (although the linework needs... cleaning up a bit): http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post347386
    Freedom unicorn was a MS paintjob, not my finest work.
    Everything is a thing.

The idea is there, that's what matters. I was thinking along the lines of the heraldry-type unicorn but with zebra skin converted to blue and yellow. Or something.

Would that be treading on MCY's style / camo choice a little?

Edit: No, MCY have a really clever logo that has all the letters of their outfit tag in it, much like the Toyota logo:

Last edited by eltdown; 18-05-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    What you need is something like this:

But with more zebra.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    It's just missing a little bit of This
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    piece of Giraffe impaled on the horn?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm curious as to where the zebracorn thing came from?
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus