Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

Should RPS cover console games?

First and foremost RPS should always cover the PC format, but as gamers are we missing things?

Most of the big console games are multiformat anyway and RPS will touch on some of those bigger titles, but would RPS readers benefit from a wide caveat of articles and coverage?

I think so.

We all know the writers on RPS are true gamers in that they game on multiple systems, not just PC, so why shouldn't we like to hear about their adventures in console or even mobile land hmmm?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Nalano vetoes this motion.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    No. Nope. Never. The end.

Obscure Node
    No.NOPE Never .The end what is this ?Give some eplaination about it

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Fucking.
    No.

Please report this man.

Hss! Gets its nasty conssssoles away from ussss, preciousss!

Er, I think we can all agree that PC games are best (obv) and that gross console games have no place on RPS. There's no need to get all shouty and stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    This fake gamer says no
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Absolutely not.

See also: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/about/
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

Quote Originally Posted by SMiD View Post
    Oh dear lord, I think this is the first time I'm putting mugs to these names.

On top of my monthly "sub," I think I'm going to donate some shaving utensils, too.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Oh dear lord, I think this is the first time I'm putting mugs to these names.

On top of my monthly "sub," I think I'm going to donate some shaving utensils, too.
    Some of those guys are less beardy these days. Some still need your donations.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Where is "goddamnit Craigh" on that About?

FUCK NO!

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Where is "goddamnit Craigh" on that About?
    Heh, don't hold your breath. They only got around to adding Nathan a few months back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I wish rps would stop doing previews. I want to read about games I can play not hype for games which never live up to it or KickStarter notices.

Games we can play (even a pre release demo) or gtfo.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I wish rps would stop doing previews. I want to read about games I can play not hype for games which never live up to it or KickStarter notices.
    I don't want them to stop, because sometimes it can be fun to look forward to games of the future, but I wouldn't mind a little "You Can Play This Today" (or "This Game Does Not Exist Yet") sticker on the relevant header images. =P Now I will stop being off-topic!

There is historical precedent for RPS writing about really real Nintendo games.
    Last edited by Berzee; 01-07-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    I don't want them to stop, because sometimes it can be fun to look forward to games of the future, but I wouldn't mind a little "You Can Play This Today" (or "This Game Does Not Exist Yet") sticker on the relevant header images. =P
    True; I have nothing against previews per se, but lately it feels like the ratio of Games Which Don't Exist Yet to Games You Can Play Today has been something like 8:1 (NB. completely uneducated guesstimate). Every day there's something which makes me go "OH THIS LOOKS MIGHTILY INTERESTING ah right it's just a proof-of-concept of something that will release in 2016"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    True; I have nothing against previews per se, but lately it feels like the ratio of Games Which Don't Exist Yet to Games You Can Play Today has been something like 8:1 (NB. completely uneducated guesstimate). Every day there's something which makes me go "OH THIS LOOKS MIGHTILY INTERESTING ah right it's just a proof-of-concept of something that will release in 2016"
    Yep, and it's one thing when they're big commercial games that will happen. A trailer/preview for a new AC game might interest me as I know I'll be playing it in December. A trailer for a game that's announcing it's going to do a Kickstarter sometime in the next month is years away from being playable and might never happen at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post

Games we can play (even a pre release demo) or gtfo.
    Previews where the writer has actually played the game and gives some sort of critical opinion on them are alright. But the prevalence of "here's a game and a trailer, looks interesting!" annoys me. Though in some ways "here's a game that's out, we haven't played it but it could be good, let us know!" are even worse.

Banned
    But outside of the generic CoD claptrap which still gets featured on this site, you understand there are some good console games right, people/otherkin?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    But outside of the generic CoD claptrap which still gets featured on this site, you understand there are some good console games right, people/otherkin?
    And there are other sites for 'em.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl