Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Consoles should never be covered if the site or forum is claiming to be devoted to PC gaming. In other forums that have done this I've seen nothing good to come from it for the users. Maybe the site gets a spike in rating/views? The forums fill with hate and circle jerk from the users, many of which I found myself participating in. Part of the reason why I chose to start getting involved in RPS is because it's a PC gaming site. The minute that changes it time to go. There are plenty of gaming sites that cover it all. So there is no way you or anyone else is missing out on anything unless that is what you want to do. Which in my case is exactly what I want to do. I want to concentrate on PC gaming and I want to support sites and forums that do the same.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    "Once a month" is a schedule, which, however infrequent it may be, implies regular updates.
    i actually said "once a month or something," which, as i need to spell it out, was meant to be taken as "with around about one column per month." Same way that Cardboard Children is sometimes weekly.

Simple: No.

I came here because it is purely for PC Gaming.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkscare View Post
    Simple: No.

I came here because it is purely for PC Gaming.
    Apart from the boardgames and sexism stuff and occasional expo coverage and book reviews and bashing the daily mail and sometimes music.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riadsala View Post
    i actually said "once a month or something," which, as i need to spell it out, was meant to be taken as "with around about one column per month." Same way that Cardboard Children is sometimes weekly.

10char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco
    Maybe irregular didn't refer to the frequency of the column.
    Guys, you guys.

Definition of IRREGULAR

a : not being or acting in accord with laws, rules, or established custom <irregular conduct>

etc

Thank you for tuning in to Jokes Explained. Next week or something, we'll reveal the nuances of the multifaceted phrase "I need to stop and get gas."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    I completely disagree. =|
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Yes,in case if that game comes to pc,otherwise no,this is pc dedicated only site.

No, only pc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    NO!.

Theres millions of websites that mix all consoles. These websites dedicate maybe 1 minute every week to talk about PC and PC gamers, and normally is "lol, nerds". I hate that.

This is the only, or one of the few with a PC focus, so we get some PC articles. And we are respected like human beings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    I demand more Flash games reviews!
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...care-and-more/
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    You already got one earlier today! You mustn't complain just because it isn't all makeup and ponies.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    First and foremost RPS should always cover the PC format, but as gamers are we missing things?

Most of the big console games are multiformat anyway and RPS will touch on some of those bigger titles, but would RPS readers benefit from a wide caveat of articles and coverage?

I think so.

We all know the writers on RPS are true gamers in that they game on multiple systems, not just PC, so why shouldn't we like to hear about their adventures in console or even mobile land hmmm?
    SeeSay_830x250_Indiana NO BUTTON.jpg

"Hello, I would like to report some suspicious activity I saw on Rock, Paper, Shotgun."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Console games have no place on RPS unless they are a gem like Dark Souls. But that got ported over to the PC so it got covered anyway so all was extra spiffingtacular.

No way. there are already plenty of others that support the console, mobile and PC and very few that support PC gaming exclusively.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    First and foremost RPS should always cover the PC format, but as gamers are we missing things? Most of the big console games are multiformat anyway and RPS will touch on some of those bigger titles, but would RPS readers benefit from a wide caveat of articles and coverage? I think so. We all know the writers on RPS are true gamers in that they game on multiple systems, not just PC, so why shouldn't we like to hear about their adventures in console or even mobile land hmmm?
    I think it should be an RPS crime to want coverage of console games, or talk about them, or give them more exposure than the AAA publishing machine using bazillions of dollars already does. Console games are destroying games/gamers. They are the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakG View Post
    I think it should be an RPS crime to want coverage of console games, or talk about them, or give them more exposure than the AAA publishing machine using bazillions of dollars already does. Console games are destroying games/gamers. They are the enemy.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Kingdom of Knights - Community Manager
    STEAM: Reiken

Obscure Node
    No.NOPE Never .The end what is this ?Give some eplaination about it

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Might go against the grain but I don't really care. This website doesn't support ALL PC games, just the ones that the writers are interested in, so no CoD news unless it's sarcastic. Never a Fifa review either really. The games they are interested are rooted in the PC and in PC Gamer of the late 90s.

But yknow if once in a while a console game caught their eye for the same reason the PC games they review do... sure why not?

I doubt that would include "The Last of Us". But it would have been interested to hear about Heavy Rain, it's basically a PC game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    no

there's a million and one general gaming sites

being pc only makes rps unique

(perhaps should cover linux and mac though)

There's been plenty of GTA 5 coverage without a PC release in sight, so...
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -