Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I have cancelled the meet as it was planned however I am meeting Zanchito at 2PM in Leicester square in front of the hyppodrome for a bite if anyone wants to join. Let me know if you want my number to find us

1. Hippodrome, London
      Building in City of Westminster, England
    2. The Hippodrome is a building on the corner of Charing Cross Road and Leicester Square in the City of Westminster, London. The name was used for many different theatres and music halls, of which the London Hippodrome is one of only a few survivors. Wikipedia
    3. Address: Cranbourn St, Leicester Square, London WC2H 7JH
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 10-07-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

come on,chaps, I promise to shower before going!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    well if you're going to make that much effort I suppose I should at least turn up for some food.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    I will either still be or returning to a drunken state in edinburgh sorry!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

I'll be there if sufficiently recovered. Feeling better now than I was last night, so hoping I'm over the worst.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    As I mentioned to Tweets last night, my prospects for attending are currently up in the air -- but it's possible that I'll be there with a fellow geek in tow.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I've got an extra ticket for Symphonic Legends (London Symphonic Orchestra and Chorus sing music from the Legend of Zelda!!!) this Sunday evening at the Barbican in London. Friend of mine has to go on a trip and doesn't want the ticket to be wasted, so I thought I might find a Zelda fan around here that can come with me!

I still can't come on Saturday, but I will be coming to London on Sunday - so let me know if you want to meet for lunch or a beer before the concert.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Noaru, I am actually going to that concert with a fellow geek, it's the main reason we booked these dates. We can arrange something if you want!

Oh, sweet. I'll send you a PM to see how we can do this.

Btw, did I mention that the concert ticket is basically free? (or whatever you feel like it's worth) Don't let that seat stay empty!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

sent you a pm, hope it arrived well.
    i've re-enacted my earlier pirate charr shot with a human character and ultra realisic sweet fx settings:

IMG_20140711_122929~2.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    good idea, but why aren't you facing the camera?
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

thats my face,even though some people get it mixed up with my bottom end! I guess it's because of the wiry hair.

See you all shortly.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

We had a different kind of meet this time and we tried to show Zanchito the sites.

We started by walking to Covent garden using Machetes along the way to get rid of the dense touristation.
    We then waited to vibrate for succulent bones at The Shake Shack woof.jpg.

We proceeded to see more London sites when sadely Hawks had to leave us to do something called "work".

We ended up in St James Park and played a couple of board games in the grass while the ducks and the geese were watching us. The London sun had baked us to extinction and we decided to stop the Star Wars bagpiper torture and ran to the nearest pub. chandos.jpg

We quickly quenched our thirst with a few pints and Zanchito was treated to a typical British snack: Pork scratchings!

All the pics can be found here.

I don't believe I'll be organising another meet until September now but I will see when Cap is back from Canada and we go invade Belgium this time.
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 12-07-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

It was really enjoyable,thanks everybody for coming and being so understanding of my barbaric mannerisms. Awesome being able to have a chat with the natives!

I'll be back from Canada the 7th of August! Good to hear you had a nice time in London

Looks like cap is buying a new house in belgium and when that is done we are all invited to play boardgames there, in the meantime we could maybe have a meet in London next month?

If we've got people in Belgium already we should definitely have a drink in Brussels!
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    Looks like cap is buying a new house in belgium and when that is done we are all invited to play boardgames there, in the meantime we could maybe have a meet in London next month?
    House or apartment. I'll start off small :P
    I can definitely do Brussels, if that's a good place to meet for us all!

Network Hub
    While Brussels is on the right side of the sea, it's still quite a trip, but I'll definitely look into it.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.