Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1204
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyshines View Post
    I'm not sure what I think of Binding of Isaac. I really want to like it. It's hard for me like Hotline Miami, and just as addicting with the gameplay.

It's the concept that gets me. In one way, I love the fact that he's done something like this: incredibly different, unexpected and challenging in its own way. On the other hand, it unsettles me. This is good in that it's not typical and truly unique and memorable. But as a relatively new dad who has to skip stories about tragedies involving kids, I hate the intro and the reminders about Isaac dying when I quit.
    Do you play with a gamepad?

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Absolutely not. Anno is a city builder with some trading game elements, Port Royale is a trading game with a few city building elements. The Patrician series is its closest relative.
    Ah, right. I'll give it a miss. Not like I actually need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkscare View Post
    Good God, man. What kind of example would I be setting for my son?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyshines View Post
    Good God, man. What kind of example would I be setting for my son?
    I have one on the way (first), but HM without a gamepad would be hell... gamepads are better for some games.

I have one on the way (first), but HM without a gamepad would be hell... gamepads are better for some games.
    What is this crazy talk here? I can't imagine HM without a mouse!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I used to play Settlers 2: 10th anniversary with a pad. Yeah..
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    What is this crazy talk here? I can't imagine HM without a mouse!
    Damn! I feel like an outsider now. :-)

Yay! Farcry pack looks interesting and... wait!
    Farcrwhaaaaaa.jpg
    Price of the Bundle to price of individual games; am I missing something that Valve are not telling us about their bargains?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Sometimes bundles aren't accurately tweaked. In that case, simply buying the games as separate entities yields no negative and can be cheaper. Very good idea to check before purchasing bundles out-right.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

...for some reason, the devs of Conquistador don't want to release the game in any Spanish speaking country yet. Nice. Really nice. :-/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    ...for some reason, the devs of Conquistador don't want to release the game in any Spanish speaking country yet. Nice. Really nice. :-/
    They've had their chance at conquistadoring.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Try the RPS smuggler ring.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A gamepad is absolutely unnecessary for HM. It works really, really well with the mouse. I've gotten A+ on about 3/4 of the game with a mouse.

Does anyone else think that a reward for community voting that can potentially be turned into imaginary cash may be a bad idea? I feel like voting is something I used to do to express my opinion and hopefully get a few more people to buy a decent game (and out of boredom); the fact that it occasionally rewarded me with a meaningless badge was OK because it was meaningless. Now that Steam is trying to buy something I was happy to do for free, I'm tempted to stop voting.

</moan>

Other than that, I'm happy to have got a couple of decent games at good prices. I haven't been blown away, but that's more down to what I already own than anything Steam has changed. About the same as previous summer sales, I guess.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Does anyone else think that a reward for community voting that can potentially be turned into imaginary cash may be a bad idea? I feel like voting is something I used to do to express my opinion and hopefully get a few more people to buy a decent game (and out of boredom); the fact that it occasionally rewarded me with a meaningless badge was OK because it was meaningless. Now that Steam is trying to buy something I was happy to do for free, I'm tempted to stop voting.

</moan>

Other than that, I'm happy to have got a couple of decent games at good prices. I haven't been blown away, but that's more down to what I already own than anything Steam has changed. About the same as previous summer sales, I guess.
    It's not about rewarding consumers. It's about providing them with a resource that diminishes far more quickly than it is generated, to get them to pay for a product that is solely conspicuous consumption. It's masterful if more than a little sinister.

Oh, suddenly this sounds like the artificial scarcity thing that the Financial Times blog keeps talking about. Many thanks for the explanation.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's exactly what it is. They give something everything, and then take it away, when people see the loss they pay to get more.

Tomorrow is Skyrim day! I'm hoping that the DLC goes down to previously unseen levels...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Tomorrow is Skyrim day! I'm hoping that the DLC goes down to previously unseen levels...
    Not to be a buzzkill, but it won't. It'll be the same 50% off you got during the flash sale (not even that on Dragonborn, IIRC). I was really hoping for a good discount on these too, but I'm content to wait if that's the best they're going to do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Not to be a buzzkill, but it won't. It'll be the same 50% off you got during the flash sale (not even that on Dragonborn, IIRC). I was really hoping for a good discount on these too, but I'm content to wait if that's the best they're going to do.
    That's what I was going to say. I don't desperately need an Elder scrolls game so I can wait.