Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 1,201 to 1,204 of 1204
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    You know, they could simply not give discounts at all. If I had to deal with such whiners as you, I certainly wouldn't be giving any deals.
    Sure you would, because you want to make millions upon millions of dollars. Whiny, irrational customers are part and parcel of having the market pretty well cornered.
    Last edited by vinraith; 24-07-2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Edited to be less bitchy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Sure you would, because you want to make millions upon millions of dollars. Whiny, irrational customers are part and parcel of having the market pretty well cornered.
    You're right: I'd do it just to troll him.

Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    It's probably worth mentioning that Steam do almost nothing at all when it comes to hyping up their summer sales. They don't advertise it, they don't mention it's coming, they don't email you about it when it starts. They do absolutely nothing.

It's the community that hypes up the summer (and winter) sales.
    Exactly. Valve don't need to even do anything anymore except scratch their balls and people will fly off the handle on a hype train to the goddamn moon and back. That said, the previous sales did build up people's expectations significantly. The problem that Valve ultimately has is that there's only so many games, so they're going to run out of stuff to discount without repetition, and people are going to run out of games to buy. I only bought a handful of things (most of which was financed from selling cards oddly enough) because I pretty much have everything I was interested in. The real big name games that have just come out which people don't have aren't going to be discounted.

It's going to get worse as the sales progress. I doubt the winter sale will be much better.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Exactly. Valve don't need to even do anything anymore except scratch their balls and people will fly off the handle on a hype train to the goddamn moon and back. That said, the previous sales did build up people's expectations significantly. The problem that Valve ultimately has is that there's only so many games, so they're going to run out of stuff to discount without repetition, and people are going to run out of games to buy. I only bought a handful of things (most of which was financed from selling cards oddly enough) because I pretty much have everything I was interested in. The real big name games that have just come out which people don't have aren't going to be discounted.

It's going to get worse as the sales progress. I doubt the winter sale will be much better.
    Eh, I was always into steam sales for the indies. Valve treats indies well, but Humble provides more games at a better price with a steam key. I still did spend around $30, but I haven't bought non-bundle, non-kickstarter games for six months or so.