Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    I'm sure the reason why it will start today is the Flemish Feast Day... :ja:

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    I'm sure the reason why it will start today is the Flemish Feast Day... :ja:
    Oh yeah, it's today. I don't even participate at the French one... I think it's the 27 september.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I did well and did not get anything during gog.com sale. I aim to do the same for the Steam summer sale. I am debating getting the Civ5 expansion, which shouldn't see a discount. I think CoH2 is the only thing I might consider.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    I love how this thread is almost 10 pages long and the sale hasn't even started. We sure love to speculate (with steam cards AND predictions):P
    Isn't the steam sale only brought about by speculation? I think I read somewhere that someone once said that they seen an email from someone that knows someone in valve, that it needs a certain amount of pages of speculation on the RPS forums before they will look at a steam sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm so glad they started selling Steam cards at gamestop. Everyone in my family knows I play games, but they know nothing about gaming themselves. I have one sister who means well, but always buys me awful party games, or shit there is no way I don't already own (Twilight Princess or Mario Galaxy, years after they were released). Everyone else just gets me gift cards at Gamestop. Every time I get one, I just turn it into Steam cash. I've got $50 burning a hole in my Steam Wallet. It's been sitting in there for months, waiting for this sale. MY BODY IS READY.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

I've sold one card for 30 cents. At this rate I can quit jobs as a concept at around 2265, give or take 50 years.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    MY BODY IS READY.
    The question is, is your wallet ready?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    The question is, is your wallet ready?
    I'm confident my wallet will make it through this unscathed. I have a baby boy whose sustenance demands more of my wallet than 100 Steam sales. I couldn't go crazy even if I wanted to. Then there's the time issue. When you know you are lucky to get an hour of gaming a day, it goes a long way to stopping those purchases that aren't absolute must-haves. I passed on Sleeping Dogs a while back when they accidentally priced it for a few bucks at 90% off. I knew I wouldn't have the time to play it. The old me would have snatched it up in a heartbeat. Anyhow, I absolutely will not spend a cent more than the $50 already in my Steam Wallet.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

I'm confident my wallet will make it through this unscathed. I have a baby boy whose sustenance demands more of my wallet than 100 Steam sales. I couldn't go crazy even if I wanted to. Then there's the time issue. When you know you are lucky to get an hour of gaming a day, it goes a long way to stopping those purchases that aren't absolute must-haves. I passed on Sleeping Dogs a while back when they accidentally priced it for a few bucks at 90% off. I knew I wouldn't have the time to play it. The old me would have snatched it up in a heartbeat. Anyhow, I absolutely will not spend a cent more than the $50 already in my Steam Wallet.
    I feel your pain man... My twins are nearly 3 now, so I am starting to have some gaming time back... Well at least till I am starting to renovate the second floor of our flat...
    Last edited by Drayk; 11-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.

*Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Really? So if you add in all the stuff you want and it's $50.01 you will just delete a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Isn't the steam sale only brought about by speculation? I think I read somewhere that someone once said that they seen an email from someone that knows someone in valve, that it needs a certain amount of pages of speculation on the RPS forums before they will look at a steam sale.
    Well, then we'll have to wait. I'm pretty sure we were at page 30+ last year, before the sale even started.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    Well, then we'll have to wait. I'm pretty sure we were at page 30+ last year, before the sale even started.
    IS this the year where our backlog are so full, the promised kickstarted games so near, that Pc gamers aren't hungry for MOAR ?

I don't believe this .

*Mostly* harmless

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    IS this the year where our backlog are so full, the promised kickstarted games so near, that Pc gamers aren't hungry for MOAR ?

I don't believe this .
    Nah. I don't remember but last year's thread probably just had some random tangent that people were talking about, it was probably my fault or Nalano's.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    I feel your pain man... My twins are nearly 3 now, so I am starting to have some gaming time back... Well at least till I am starting to renovate the second floor of our flat...
    I do not understand how it is physically possible to care for twins. Just one baby requires such an enormous amount of time and energy. I cannot imagine having just gotten my son bathed, fed, wrapped, and down for the night, and then having to repeat the process. Or being twice as like to need to get up and feed/change the baby in the middle of the night. I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Really? So if you add in all the stuff you want and it's $50.01 you will just delete a game?
    It's more down to basic maths. As I said, my time constraints really weed out most impulse buys. I no longer can afford to buy something just because it's $10, and then not even get around to playing it until 3 months later. So, that really only leaves a handful of games that I even have a chance of purchasing. I might get BioShock Infinite at $20 (I will absolutely get it at anything under that, but it's unlikely to go that cheap). Same for Tomb Raider and Dishonored at $10. I might get the Dragonborn DLC at half off for $7.50.

Even if I got my way and snagged all those titles, at the highest I was willing to pay, it still wouldn't add up to $50. So yes, I'm completely confident I won't spend a cent more than what's in my Steam Wallet.

I do not understand how it is physically possible to care for twins. Just one baby requires such an enormous amount of time and energy. I cannot imagine having just gotten my son bathed, fed, wrapped, and down for the night, and then having to repeat the process. Or being twice as like to need to get up and feed/change the baby in the middle of the night. I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.

It's more down to basic maths. As I said, my time constraints really weed out most impulse buys. I no longer can afford to buy something just because it's $10, and then not even get around to playing it until 3 months later. So, that really only leaves a handful of games that I even have a chance of purchasing. I might get BioShock Infinite at $20 (I will absolutely get it at anything under that, but it's unlikely to go that cheap). Same for Tomb Raider and Dishonored at $10. I might get the Dragonborn DLC at half off for $7.50.

Even if I got my way and snagged all those titles, at the highest I was willing to pay, it still wouldn't add up to $50. So yes, I'm completely confident I won't spend a cent more than what's in my Steam Wallet.
    but, what if?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    I'm guessing it's down to economies of scale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    but, what if?
    Well of course I wouldn't dump a game if I hit $50.01, but it's just not going to happen. I've entered a strange new world here. Ever since I got my first job at 15 (I'll be 30 in two months), I've always had enough disposable income and free time to buy whatever game I wanted. Now though, I can no longer justify paying $60 for a game. If games like BioShock Infinite and The Last of Us had come out last year, they would have been day 1 purchases. Now I'm waiting for them to hit $20 or less. Even if someone gave me two free copies of them today, it would still take me months to finish them. I love MP games, so if I do get some play time and my friends are online, I'm more apt to jump on with them than I am to play a single player game anyway.

So in short, there is no possible combination of games and slashed prices that will cause me to spend more than $50 in this sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Can you taste the disappointment yet!? :)

Network Hub
    ...and we're off! And the store has already crashed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    You'd think they'd be prepared for this...