Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    and we're off - cards, everything is cards...

So it begins...

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    First up - Bioshock Infinite is MUCH CHEAPER on GMG today - 12 (with the GMG20-F202F-UI40F code) over 17.49 on Steam.

I wonder if they knew somehow or if it was a guess!? :)

Everyone vote for Far Cry 3 for next flash sale, €18 looks just like my pricepoint!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    The Steam sale is a great opportunity to get profile backgrounds, new emoticons, and all that other amazing trading card goodness.

On an even more cheerful note, hurray for Skyrim DLC at 50% off.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    Entirely underwhelming, and my wallet says that's just fine.

Ha! 503 error. I can't even be underwhelmed! Stop refreshing everyone!

Can't wait to get my hands on some new emoticons! I hope there's one that looks like a disappointed gamer.

Network Hub
    Not noting particularly heavy discounting for any of the big names.

Hotline Miami at -75% and Endless Space at -66% worth a look though.

Network Hub
    I've not tried out Hotline Miami yet, I guess it'd be rude not to for that price.I had my eye on Don't Starve before the sale, but at 20% off, I think I'll wait until next time.

Network Hub
    Really pushing that trading card shit which is not surprising. Not much else that I haven't already got, thats one day down then.

And so it begins... 11 days of snark, whining, and of looking gift horses in the mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Everyone vote for Far Cry 3 for next flash sale, €18 looks just like my pricepoint!
    Same thing here. Would like to finally get it. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I do not understand how it is physically possible to care for twins. Just one baby requires such an enormous amount of time and energy. I cannot imagine having just gotten my son bathed, fed, wrapped, and down for the night, and then having to repeat the process. Or being twice as like to need to get up and feed/change the baby in the middle of the night. I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    Do you know the secret ? You deal with it !

I am not kidding... by the end of the first day I knew how to change diapers. I changed them 12 times :p
    We had to find tips to make them sleep... Believe me or not but at first I cradled them by moving both their whole beds... I didn't know many lullabies at the time so I sang 'soft kitty' . They haven't sleep a whole night till they were 2.

On our worst nights we had to wake up up to 12 times. I was the one taking them form their beds to their mother so she could feed them, half asleep, I just lay down 5-10 minutes then put them back in their bed...

When they were 1 year old there was a period when one my boys wouldn't calm down except in my arms... Twice I had to leave a Pen and paper game to go home and calm him... He cried for an hour, non stop and fall asleep directly when I took him...

So... yeah twins it's kinda the hardcore mode.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
    Endless Space at -66% worth a look though.
    Just a heads-up, do not buy that Emperor Edition that's on the main page: get the Gold Edition which is also in sale, costs an euro more and includes the new Disharmony DLC, which by itself costs €9 or so!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Just a heads-up, do not buy that Emperor Edition that's on the main page: get the Gold Edition which is also in sale, costs an euro more and includes the new Disharmony DLC, which by itself costs €9 or so!
    Yeah I just saw that, I might just retract my statement and get that, surely a pricing error? Oh well, more for me and the cards man, think about the cards.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    And so it begins... 11 days of snark, whining, and of looking gift horses in the mouth.
    So, same as any other day then?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Emperor Edition is like a collectors edition.

Defiance is decent(and 5 euro cheaper than I bought it for last weekend). Its repetitive and I'm not seeing many people BUT the guns feel ok, the main missions are good and its good for an online shooter that you want to jump into for a hour or so.

Obscure Node
    So remind me how this works again, do the flash sales give you better deals than the daily deals?

Example, Skyrim. I want to pick up the DLC. There's a flash sale on now, and there's obviously going to be a daily sale. Should i wait for that, or dive in.

Of course this is purley hypothetical at the moment as apart from one brief time about 10 minutes ago i'm gettin nothing but error codes when i'm trying to look at the deals more closely. Clearly the upcoming sale took everyone at Valve responsible for their servers completely by suprise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deptfordx View Post
    So remind me how this works again, do the flash sales give you better deals than the daily deals?

Example, Skyrim. I want to pick up the DLC. There's a flash sale on now, and there's obviously going to be a daily sale. Should i wait for that, or dive in.

Of course this is purley hypothetical at the moment as apart from one brief time about 10 minutes ago i'm gettin nothing but error codes when i'm trying to look at the deals more closely. Clearly the upcoming sale took everyone at Valve responsible for their servers completely by suprise.
    I don't think either is "better". If it's a daily deal or flash deal that's probably the lowest the price will get.