Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    It's awkward to select in Steam, though.

The DLC storefront is still the worst ever. That's the one thing that I'd like to see Steam fix before the Winter Sale... is somehow to make their DLC stuff easier to see and figure out what it is. Even just telling us which ones we have already from the main store page would be great.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    Argh! I need your help once more, for it has happened: Metro: Last Light is on Flash Sale. I badly want to play this game despite never having finished the first. Is this doable? And should I based on the following (keeping in mind I'm far from an expert, precision shot in FPS games, mind):

Things I hated about 2033: Bullet sponge enemies. Weak feeling weapons.

Things I liked about 2033: Literally everything else

Thanks again!
    Last Light improved on the problems you had with the first one, the gunplay is a lot better and enemies are certainly less bullet spongy.

You could take a look at getting the game from here:
    http://www.simplycdkeys.com/steam/me...bf68db6750013f

It's 15, I've used them twice before and both times everything seemed to go well, and Savygamer was what put me onto the website so I assume that everything is ok. The only thing I guess you could worry about is that this is presumably a company that buys copies from Russia and then takes the keys, but it registers on Steam so it's up to you. I'd definitely look at Last Light though, you'll probably like it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    The DLC storefront is still the worst ever. That's the one thing that I'd like to see Steam fix before the Winter Sale... is somehow to make their DLC stuff easier to see and figure out what it is. Even just telling us which ones we have already from the main store page would be great. [/COLOR]
    Right, exactly. GOG has this sorted out nicely. When a pack comes up for sale, it obviously lists the entire pack, but greys out all the items you have and allows you to individually tick each title on or off before adding the selection to the cart.

What I do now on Steam is log on on their website, and use a Firefox plugin that allows me to right-click-drag a box to open all selected links in tabs, the DLC in this case. I'll then work through the tabs, either adding the DLC to the cart or simply discarding the tab. It's not ideal, but with games that have literally dozens of DLC to choose from (yes you, Paradox!), I found it to be the least cumbersome way to go.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Firewhisper View Post
    Last Light improved on the problems you had with the first one, the gunplay is a lot better and enemies are certainly less bullet spongy.

You could take a look at getting the game from here:
    http://www.simplycdkeys.com/steam/me...bf68db6750013f

It's 15, I've used them twice before and both times everything seemed to go well, and Savygamer was what put me onto the website so I assume that everything is ok. The only thing I guess you could worry about is that this is presumably a company that buys copies from Russia and then takes the keys, but it registers on Steam so it's up to you. I'd definitely look at Last Light though, you'll probably like it.

Thanks for this. Just nabbed Last Light for $30.00 from Steam. And with that, I am finished for the summer. My backlog is now such that I wouldn't even play any further games until at least Winter anyway, so I may as well hold off on buying them until that time.

Well, Steam sales are all about buying games you don't want or need.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    And with that, I am finished for the summer.
    Famous last words.

Now, if only Dishonored would nicely go down to 66% off...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Fez and Antichamber so far. If my brain doesn't bulge out of my skull by the end I'm messaging steam support for a refund.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I'm still only on Surgeon Simulator. Seems that adding 10 to my Steam wallet to help limit my expenditure was premature. Actually, that said, if there are no better deals on Monaco nor Gunpoint by the end of the sale I'll pick them up regardless (the only reason I didn't buy them at full price a couple of weeks back is because I figured there was a sale around the corner), and if the Tom Braider deal comes back again at the end and I'm still within my budget I'll probably grab that too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    So far, then:

Don't Starve (on Amazon for the price match plus 15% off coupon)
    Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition
    assorted small DLC's (XCOM, Sonic Racing, Dredmore)

So far I've not spent any "real" money, and I've still got a fair amount in Steambux from card sales.

Just picked up Impire + DLC and System Shock 2.

Loot so far:
    .Toki Tori 2+
    .Euro Truck Simulator 2
    .some Tomb Raider DLC's

Deals aren't too fantastic today. That said I'm still somewhat interested in Eador: Masters of the Broken World. Can anyone that plays the game shed some light on whether you think the game is patched up to a worthy buy or still too broken to really enjoy?

Network Hub
    Interesting how the % actually changed from 50% (40%) to 75% on both Hitman and Fallout just seconds after they put up the new sale. Too bad they didn't f-up the other way as they did with Sleeping Dogs :)
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehenkie View Post
    Deals aren't too fantastic today. That said I'm still somewhat interested in Eador: Masters of the Broken World. Can anyone that plays the game shed some light on whether you think the game is patched up to a worthy buy or still too broken to really enjoy?
    I bought the DVD edition and regretted it ever since. Didn't notice any bugs, but the general gameplay was boring as hell. Loved King's Bounty.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Just a reminder for people that if a game is on sale and it's part of a series/franchise, check other games in that series/franchise because more than likely they'll be on sale too.

Total War - I think by now you'd know whether or not you'd like this or not, but from the time I played Shogun 2, it's got a lot of cool depth and is generally pretty fun. A good entry into a good series.

Portal - Similarly, most people have these, or at least know if they want them. I do think the original is better than the sequel, but certainly both worth playing.