Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1204
  1. #681
    Lesser Hivemind Node Oshada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    702
    I was going to buy Dishonored until I bought The Witcher 2... now I'll just wait till Christmas. Sleeping Dogs and Brutal Legend should last me a long while yet.

  2. #682
    Lesser Hivemind Node mnemnoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    503
    There goes my summer sale.. The Old Gods is not included in the sale.


    Edit:

    But in other news: Flying Fortress is 80% off ($3.99). I will finally get that DLC!
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 16-07-2013 at 02:10 AM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

  3. #683
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,341
    New flash sales are up; UT2004, Primal Carnage, Crusader Kings, FEAR 3 (and I suppose the other FEARs as well). DirectX: Handsomely Rewarded is the community choice, various simulators are the new vote thing. ETS2 has already been on sale and I didn't buy it then, still won't if it wins, so what should I vote for?

    Primal Carnage, discuss please.

  4. #684
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,574
    Who would bother putting cards to UT2004?

  5. #685
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Just to counter that statement about the controller, I play it on keyboard and I can't say I've any complaints about it.
    Dust: Elysian wotsit - the developer said he originally developed it for PC but then swapped it to XBOX because of monies - so the PC version is a proper PC version not an XNA slapdash port...

    It's also quite good and not to be mixed-up with From Dust - which sucked

  6. #686
    Network Hub KwisatzHaderach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    378
    Why's UT2004 not availablein Germany?

  7. #687
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spainishtan
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    Why's UT2004 not availablein Germany?
    Do you still need to ask? I'm probably getting it by the end of the sales using my original Spanish account from the browser but yes, it sucks.

  8. #688
    Network Hub KwisatzHaderach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Sooo anyone interested in a 4pack for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion? I'm EU2, according to Steam prices USA should (as 99% of the bloody time) be cheapest.
    Are still some slots open? Can I still apply? For less than 6 it would be a good deal, I guess. I liked the "original" quite a bit.

  9. #689
    Network Hub KwisatzHaderach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Do you still need to ask? I'm probably getting it by the end of the sales using my original Spanish account from the browser but yes, it sucks.
    It was meant more in the sense of: "oh my god, what gets cencored and what doesn't always leaves me baffled". How much is it?

  10. #690
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    It was meant more in the sense of: "oh my god, what gets cencored and what doesn't always leaves me baffled". How much is it?
    3.74 Euro (EU1) / 3.74 USD (in the flash sale).

  11. #691
    Obscure Node Kuschelwampe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    25
    Hi!
    I would like to jump on an group-buy for Sins:Rebellion. I could also be the host for 5,65€ a copy. Of course it would be great to find some russian host. That would make a copy $3,75.

    Cheers Michael

  12. #692
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus c-Row's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anus Mundi, Germany
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Do you still need to ask? I'm probably getting it by the end of the sales using my original Spanish account from the browser but yes, it sucks.
    It's not like there are no other games offered as low-violence versions (the German release was FSK16) so not listing it at all is a bit odd indeed.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

  13. #693
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Do you still need to ask? I'm probably getting it by the end of the sales using my original Spanish account from the browser but yes, it sucks.
    That won't do, unfortunately. Steam accounts are not tied to a specific region; what you can and cannot buy is determined by the location your IP is associated with.

  14. #694
    Network Hub KwisatzHaderach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Sooo anyone interested in a 4pack for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion? I'm EU2, according to Steam prices USA should (as 99% of the bloody time) be cheapest.
    Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    Are still some slots open? Can I still apply? For less than 6€ it would be a good deal, I guess. I liked the "original" quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuschelwampe View Post
    Hi!
    I would like to jump on an group-buy for Sins:Rebellion. I could also be the host for 5,65€ a copy. Of course it would be great to find some russian host. That would make a copy $3,75.

    Cheers Michael
    So, that makes three of us (in case Rauten is still in). Anyone else?

  15. #695
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    I only bought Knife of Dunwall as the rest seems kinda worthless. It's worth it if you enjoyed the main game. Also shows how having a non-silent protagonist makes the game a lot less awkward story-wise.
    Thx, that confirms my suspicion. The Knife of Dunwall it is, then.

    Re: Dawn of War II:

    Let's say I'm not at all interested in competitive multiplayer and would primarily play it for the campaign, should I get Dawn of War II Gold Edition (which contains Chaos Rising) or should I go directly for Retribution and skip the rest? Both options are equally priced in my region.

    Also, is anyone playing Reus? I haven't seen/heard/read all that much about it but I got to admit, it looks rather magnificent.

  16. #696
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,585
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    That won't do, unfortunately. Steam accounts are not tied to a specific region; what you can and cannot buy is determined by the location your IP is associated with.
    Which means it's MUCH easier to buy stuff because a proxy takes seconds to configure.

    Does it then munge what you can and cannot PLAY though?

  17. #697
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Also, is anyone playing Reus? I haven't seen/heard/read all that much about it but I got to admit, it looks rather magnificent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Reus is actually pretty fun. I only dabbled in it a while back when it was first released, as it quickly got quite complex and I just didn't have the patience for it then, but it seemed to have some clever things going for it, and the part that I did get into was nicely done.
    I'd add that there is a lot of resource management involved, and the resource nodes can be configured/specialized and made to work in combination with each other for specific bonuses. The villagers can, at times, send you emissaries that will sit on the shoulders of your gods, giving the further bonuses and specific skills. Like I said, that got a little too convoluted for me as I just didn't have the time to really get into it and figure out what was going on, but if you do take that time, I think Reus can be quite an interesting, varied and engaging game.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

  18. #698
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Let's say I'm not at all interested in competitive multiplayer and would primarily play it for the campaign, should I get Dawn of War II Gold Edition (which contains Chaos Rising) or should I go directly for Retribution and skip the rest? Both options are equally priced in my region.
    The Gold Edition contains GFWL so if you particular hate towards that then I would skip them, Retribution scrapped GFWL and just went for Steam instead. As for games themsevles, I am not the one to comment on gameplay even though I have all 3, I didn't really enjoy the gameplay or setting that much. Which is strange as it play much like Company of Heroes and I love that game.

  19. #699
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Three miles from the nearest bus stop
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Which means it's MUCH easier to buy stuff because a proxy takes seconds to configure.

    Does it then munge what you can and cannot PLAY though?
    As far as I'm aware (though my information may be wrong or out of date), for Valve games, there is no region-locking except for the ones on the Russian store. For non-Valve games, it's up to the publisher, but Steam won't do anything themselves.

    I looked into it back when I was planning to move to Canada, and that was how it seemed to me, anyway.

  20. #700
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    181
    If only... http://i.imgur.com/9PBGwmF.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by baby snot; 16-07-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •