Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Rule number something of steam sales: Never buy something you won't play until the next sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    What the...? How are you going to find time for THAT many games?
    It should last me for a long time. I seldom buy AAA games or pre-order.

Wow. Finally got Reus from the dev's site, and it's pretty good. I don't like the idea of having to unlock upgrades, but the basics of the game are great. It's just a sandbox god game, but a really nice one. Just played the tutorial plus a thirty minutes long era, and I had some real fun. I will certainly be playing more of it soon.

Network Hub
    What are the chances that Skyrim: Legendary Edition will be in an encore sale for 23,99?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkscare View Post
    I'm with you. I rarely buy games at release now, and do most of my purchasing in July and November. I find this gives me more titles to play for the same amount of money. The downsides are being story-spoiled in singleplayer games and possibly not having a community in multiplayer games by the time I get around to them. I find this acceptable practice now that I've hit (the technical definition of) middle age.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I haven't had money in a while, so I'm catching up on the indies that weren't HIB and other low priced games. Mark of the Ninja, Hexagon, Scribblenauts, Trine 2, System Shock 2. Not a bad haul for well under $20.
    Last edited by Internet; 16-07-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Odd question: I only noticed today that the featured daily deal comes with a Greetings Card (just click the image next to it). Did anyone save the previous ones, or know of a place where they're posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Strazz View Post
    What are the chances that Skyrim: Legendary Edition will be in an encore sale for €23,99?
    Pretty likely, I'd say. If it comes up in a community vote it'll probably win again, but I think it was a daily deal already (on the first day). It might have been a flash sale then, though, I'm not sure.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Strazz View Post
    What are the chances that Skyrim: Legendary Edition will be in an encore sale for €23,99?
    Just to be sure; you do know it's up right now?

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Odd question: I only noticed today that the featured daily deal comes with a Greetings Card (just click the image next to it). Did anyone save the previous ones, or know of a place where they're posted?

Pretty likely, I'd say. If it comes up in a community vote it'll probably win again, but I think it was a daily deal already (on the first day). It might have been a flash sale then, though, I'm not sure.
    They're the same as the summer card artwork for that game, so if you have that card in your inventory you can view it from there (click to enlarge and all that). Else searching for the cards might show someone who's put together a gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    I found one after I STFW.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    They're the same as the summer card artwork for that game, so if you have that card in your inventory you can view it from there (click to enlarge and all that). Else searching for the cards might show someone who's put together a gallery.

So it does! But not from your inventory, you have to go to your Badges page to be able to see the enlarged postcards.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I found one after I STFW.
    Great thanks. It seems 'postcards' was the term I should have used in my searches, but alas, I couldn't think of it!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Same here. It started with concerns over DRM but after a while they lost their appeal creatively too. There's something about Indi which tends to remind you why you got into games in the first place. I'm pretty much down to The Elder Scrolls, which I will continue to buy forever and ever and ever.

That list of yours is still absurdly huge though. :P

There is a 30% off voucher with GreenManGaming that includes the new Mortal Kombat.

http://blog.playfire.com/2013/07/30-...-and-more.html

I really want MK but I think I'll wait for a better sale later in the year. Anyone played it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    Anyone played it?
    Yes, and I quite enjoy it. I'm a horrible novice at the genre though, so I might not appreciate the nuances of a game like this in the same way fighting game veterans might. There are usually over a dozen unique combos for a fighter, allowing for some pretty engaging gameplay. After you've memorized them, of course. There is a campaign which does a decent job of introducing all the characters, and the drama is actually quite interesting in the same way a solid action movie can be. It obviously has local multiplayer, too, which I imagine might count as an important pro for some. The graphics are decent, though nothing spectacular. The pre-rendered cutscenes are simply awful, and have no place on a PC in 2013. What I did like on that front were the animations. You could tell which animation was which, of course, but they flowed quite nicely into one another. Considering the high speed of most fights, it often looked pretty convincing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yeah good game, pretty noob friendly to me, difficult but possible. Tons of singleplayer content too. I played on console though, so can't attest to the port.
    steam: sketch

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Picked up Devil May Cry 3 and 4 bundle and just given the third a quick whirl. It is meant to be funny isn't it?

So far, my attempts to avoid spending too much on the summer sale has got me:

Antichamber (already played and completed - excellent)

Fez (briefly played. Seemed okay, but not as good as I was expecting.)

Devil May Cry 3 and 4 (3 seems good, although quite dated. Will likely stick with it, but might want to move onto 4 before I reach the end.)

Civ 5: Brave New World (from GreenManGaming, not Steam. Not played yet, as I am waiting for the Steam sale on Civ, so I can buy the DLC civilizations.)

Chivalry (bought for me by a friend - not touched it yet.)

Sanctum (bought for the above friend and another. I bought myself the map packs.)

Could be worse. Nothing else has majorly tempted me yet. Not sure what else I am really looking out for either. Perhaps Crusader Kings 2. I do have Europa Universalis 3 in my list of games that I really should play more of, although a recent attempted to get into it didn't really work out so well. I hear CK2 is a bit more noob friendly, so perhaps that would be a good place to start, if the price is right. EU4 will probably be on sale by the time I want to move onto that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Not played yet, as I am waiting for the Steam sale on Civ, so I can buy the DLC civilizations.)
    Check Steam later tonight then, as Civ V was what I voted for the next flash sale. A coworker of mine also wants to get it, so here's hoping...

Hopefully the next set of games in the Flash Sale are not the same games they keep putting on it.

Wishlist: Monaco, Gunpoint, Rouge Legacy, 7 Grand Steps

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    There is a 30% off voucher with GreenManGaming that includes the new Mortal Kombat.

http://blog.playfire.com/2013/07/30-...-and-more.html

I really want MK but I think I'll wait for a better sale later in the year. Anyone played it?
    The game is fabulous and plays well, unfortunately the multiplayer is completely broken due to bad netcode.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Hopefully the next set of games in the Flash Sale are not the same games they keep putting on it.

Wishlist: Monaco, Gunpoint, Rouge Legacy, 7 Grand Steps
    Hasn't Rogue Legacy just come out? Also I don't know what 7 Grand Steps is, but the other two are also on my wishlist.

So far all I've bought is:
    Surgeon Simulator
    Organ Trail
    Knife of Dunwall
    Natural Selection 2.

And so far I've played the first two. Surgeon Sim is tiring. Like, exhausting. Maybe that's the point? Organ Trail is pretty great though, I'm really pleased with that purchase. I haven't actually finished Dishonoured yet but I plan to soon and I only installed NS2 this morning.