Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    I'd like to watch that Making of Gunpoint doc. Decisions...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Very annoyed (though completely unsurprised) that Walking Dead won the community vote. That thing's already been on sale many, many times, whereas I've yet to see a discount as good as the one that was offered on Van Helsing if it had won.

Other than that, another dead sale day from my perspective. Also, the Steam sale seems to have destabilized Riptide. It was working fine a week ago, now I can't get it to run for 5 minutes without crashing.

Network Hub
    I was thinking about picking up Metro: Last Light, but I missed the first flash sale, and then I started to look at the DLC and noticed that ranger difficulty doesn't seem to be discounted. I really enjoyed 2033, but at $30 (assuming another flash or daily) + $5 for the ranger dlc I'm not sure if it is worth it.

Regards to Fallen Enchantress: I got it free since I pre-ordered the original Elemental. I haven't played it a ton, but from what I've played I would recommend it. It sits in a weird place between civ and Heroes of Might and Magic that I find enjoyable.

Why shouldn't we be giving money to Stardock? They've made/published some really stellar games (SINS, Fallen Enchantress, and Gal Civ), and have gone quite far out of their way to set to rights the Elemental failure.

Regards to Ace of Spades: The version on Steam was the version that Jagex picked up and released. From what I;ve heard it is a terrible butchering of the original game, and before the sale the multiplayer was pretty dead. http://buildandshoot.com/ still hosts the original. It has a pretty big community last time I checked.

Any opinions on the Deus Ex dlc where you are on a boat?
    Last edited by Wengart; 17-07-2013 at 06:32 PM.

While I would dispute that Stardock ever made the Elemental situation right (giving you a free game with half the promised features of the original is a stretch) I think the main reason people dislike them these days is Brad's sexual harassment antics.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    While I would dispute that Stardock ever made the Elemental situation right (giving you a free game with half the promised features of the original is a stretch) I think the main reason people dislike them these days is Brad's sexual harassment antics.
    That's actually the least aggravating reason. As someone with half a brain I don't judge a company on the basis of it's public head having a bit short of the other half of my brain. And here's Gaiman agreeing with me.

I hate them over Demigod, Elemental 1-3 and selling their platform to GameStop and people losing their games overnight.
    Last edited by pakoito; 17-07-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wengart View Post
    At 85% off? No reason not to get it. It is More Deus Ex. You can stun-gun the boss at the end.

It's actually a very nicely put together little side mission. Shame that it's not integrated into the main game, but that's such a minor detail in the grand scheme, I suppose. For the price it's at now, you can't go wrong.
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Very annoyed (though completely unsurprised) that Walking Dead won the community vote.
    Some games have had their DLC receive the same discount when they were voted in, unfortunately this isn't the case here.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    That's actually the least aggravating reason. As someone with half a brain I don't judge a company on the basis of it's public head having a bit short of the other half of my brain. And here's Gaiman agreeing with me.

I hate them over Demigod, Elemental 1-3 and selling their platform to GameStop and people losing their games overnight.
    All good reasons, certainly. I would note that Brad is more than their "public head" however, he wholly owns the company.

Network Hub
    I feel that they made it more right than nearly any other dev would have done, and personally I'm pleased with the outcome.

I recall hearing about Brad Wardell's stuff. Was that ever confirmed or just a he said she said situation?

Anyway, I don't see why we should punish a division of a Stardock for the personal actions of Brad. I can see the usefulness in doing so when that person is the company. For example, I know a number of people won't buy Fez because they feel the dev wronged some people, or when the companies income is going directly into something you oppose (Chick-Fil-A). However, when Stardock employs 50+ people I don't see usefulness in refusing to buy their games because of the personal actions of Brad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Dudes, Dead Island Riptide. Why or why not?

Network Hub
    Why? It is more Dead Island.

Why Not? It is more Dead Island.

From what I've heard very little has changed from the original and that the new locations aren't really different.

It might be cheaper to just buy the first game.

I am squared up with Stardock and Elemntal, never dealt with Demigod at all, and I'm not bothered with them selling Impulse, but what is this about people losing their games?

I am squared up with Stardock and Elemntal, never dealt with Demigod at all, and I'm not bothered with them selling Impulse, but what is this about people losing their games?
    Lots of games that existed on Impulse do not exist on Gamestop's replacement platform. If you owned those games on Impulse, they're gone.

Lots of games that existed on Impulse do not exist on Gamestop's replacement platform. If you owned those games on Impulse, they're gone.
    Surely that's Gamestop's fault? You can't hold Stardock responsible for what somebody else does to the platform after they've sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by spacein_vader View Post
    Surely that's Gamestop's fault? You can't hold Stardock responsible for what somebody else does to the platform after they've sold it.
    You can certainly hold them responsible for who they sold it to, and indeed for selling it at all. If Valve sold Steam to, say, Activision (preposterous as that may be), I assure you the malice wouldn't be solely directed at Activision.

War of the Roses Kingmaker. Worth a punt? I have Chivalry and enjoy jumping in on occasion to crack someone over the head before I get disemboweled. I'm frequently disemboweled.

I know it's third person and seems to be billed as being more tactical over action. Anyone enjoying this game or can recommend it?

Obscure Node
    Wasn't Deus Ex a daily deal 2 days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by sejm View Post
    Wasn't Deus Ex a daily deal 2 days ago?
    That was a community vote, actually.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I was thinking about picking up Metro: Last Light, but I missed the first flash sale, and then I started to look at the DLC and noticed that ranger difficulty doesn't seem to be discounted. I really enjoyed 2033, but at $30 (assuming another flash or daily) + $5 for the ranger dlc I'm not sure if it is worth it.

Regards to Fallen Enchantress: I got it free since I pre-ordered the original Elemental. I haven't played it a ton, but from what I've played I would recommend it. It sits in a weird place between civ and Heroes of Might and Magic that I find enjoyable.

Why shouldn't we be giving money to Stardock? They've made/published some really stellar games (SINS, Fallen Enchantress, and Gal Civ), and have gone quite far out of their way to set to rights the Elemental failure.

Regards to Ace of Spades: The version on Steam was the version that Jagex picked up and released. From what I;ve heard it is a terrible butchering of the original game, and before the sale the multiplayer was pretty dead. http://buildandshoot.com/ still hosts the original. It has a pretty big community last time I checked.

Last Light for 14.99 (bought one myself and it's legit). (Savygamer)
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

I'm not complaining, but it's the same games over and over.*

*Thankfully Gunpoint made it.