Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Anyone knows how Steam SS2 is doing with community mods?

Also, HR for 1.79? That's crazy.
    Last edited by Mohorovicic; 17-07-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    You can certainly hold them responsible for who they sold it to, and indeed for selling it at all. If Valve sold Steam to, say, Activision (preposterous as that may be), I assure you the malice wouldn't be solely directed at Activision.
    No, but whether a game is available or not available on Impulse is not just to do with GameStop; it's to do with the relationship between GameStop and the publisher. I think it's a bit of a stretch to hold Stardock accountable for that.
    "Moronic cynicism is a kind of na´vetÚ. It's na´vetÚ turned inside-out. Na´vetÚ wearing a sneer." -Momus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm surprised no Doublefine Games have made it yet. I was waiting for Iron Brigade, but I don't know if it's ever going to get a daily sale. Especially considering their recent finances, I'd expect either Iron Brigade or BL to go on sale.

By the way, has anyone played Under the Ocean. It's 2.50 and looks interesting.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/227720/

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Dudes, Dead Island Riptide. Why or why not?
    Not, because you don't want to give money to Deep Silver, the snuff doll people.

Banned
    Yes, just to spite RPS staff and most forum members.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengart View Post
    Any opinions on the Deus Ex dlc where you are on a boat?
    Follow-up question: I already own The Missing Link, should I bother with the other 2 pieces of DLC? "Why not, they cost mere pennies!" you might say, but to my understanding the Tactical Enhancement Pack gives you OP weapons and in-game credits right from the start. This is the kind of DLC I usually avoid like the plague so I wonder, is the Explosive Mission Pack the same? It also seems to unlock a bonus mission? Worth it for that?

The tactical pack is good for a second playthrough. Extra credits and a silenced sniper rifle that's fun but not necessary.

The explosive mission pack is good for a first run (just choose not to use the automatic unlocker if it feels cheat-y), the mission is pretty small (certainly not the work of art that is Missing Link) but it's integrated into the main game, it's fun, and it's 30 cents why are we even having this discussion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Not, because you don't want to give money to Deep Silver, the snuff doll people.
    Oh please, I never understood what was supposed to be so terrible about a schlocky game having schlocky promotional materials.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    and it's 30 cents why are we even having this discussion.
    ... because I explained the reasons in my post above. It's not about the price, it's about the DLC possibly spoiling the experience by adding stuff that's more akin to a cheat code than anything else.

Useful info, though, thx!

Yeah, I had trouble mustering suitable outrage over that promotional bust. I won't buy Riptide because I only played Dead Island for a couple hours and never had an urge to return.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyshines View Post
    Yeah, I had trouble mustering suitable outrage over that promotional bust. I won't buy Riptide because I only played Dead Island for a couple hours and never had an urge to return.
    Same here. Dead Island and its gameplay, from mechanics to player freedom and story all seemed decent enough, it just didn't draw me into its world in any way.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Oh please, I never understood what was supposed to be so terrible about a schlocky game having schlocky promotional materials.
    I'm pretty sure you mean you don't care, because after the amount of discussion that was had about it on this site and dozens of others, there's no way anyone who's aware of the outrage also doesn't understand it.

And for that reason I'm also not going to start an argument about it. Just don't come in and be all "Huh wait what's the big deal" when you know bloody well know what the big deal is, or know where to go and quickly find out.

I'm pretty sure you mean you don't care, because after the amount of discussion that was had about it on this site and dozens of others, there's no way anyone who's aware of the outrage also doesn't understand it.

And for that reason I'm also not going to start an argument about it. Just don't come in and be all "Huh wait what's the big deal" when you know bloody well know what the big deal is, or know where to go and quickly find out.
    Oh, I read the discussion. It made no sense whatsoever, so I'm going to stick with "understood."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post

I haven't tried yet, but it works wonderfully without mods and goes up to modern resolutions. That's something my original copies don't do.

I assume that SS2 refers to System Shock 2, in which case GOG.com had an article about it, highlighting some of the more well-known mods and tools: http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_system_shock_2

And here's a Steam-specific modding guide that could be useful: http://blog.pcgamingwiki.com/modding...-modding-guide
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~

Banned
    Too late, already bought it. Thanks nonetheless.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Yeah that's the first real deep discount of the whole sale methinks...

Also it sucks
    http://www.pcgamer.com/review/254-de...iptide-review/

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    ... because I explained the reasons in my post above. It's not about the price, it's about the DLC possibly spoiling the experience by adding stuff that's more akin to a cheat code than anything else.

Useful info, though, thx!
    Well you get a bunch of weapons early on, that you probably end up leaving behind as they don't fit in your inventory. And you get extra upgrade points I think, which means you can buy nearly everything by the end of the game, instead of just everything that's good.

Oh, I read the discussion. It made no sense whatsoever, so I'm going to stick with "understood."
    I didn't agree with half the debate around it, but even I couldn't just look at the thing without my brain going "jesus, that's a bit much". That some people seem to genuinely find themselves absent that initial, visceral reaction does make me wonder how desensitized we are to this stuff.

Anyway, today was probably my big-spendy day: Tropico 4 Complete, Dark Souls (so Kad will stop telling me off) and Gunpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    I didn't agree with half the debate around it, but even I couldn't just look at the thing without my brain going "jesus, that's a bit much". That some people seem to genuinely find themselves absent that initial, visceral reaction does make me wonder how desensitized we are to this stuff.

Anyway, today was probably my big-spendy day: Tropico 4 Complete, Dark Souls (so Kad will stop telling me off) and Gunpoint.
    We may well be highly desensitized. All I can say is that the aforementioned torso thing looks like the promotional materials to every slasher flick that's been released for the last while, I wouldn't have given it a second thought if there hadn't been a huge uproar around it. Neither the genre, nor the method of promotion are to my taste, but I really can't fathom the moral outrage.

Oh, and the obligatory "Tropico 4 tanked the series (and some of the DLC so badly breaks the game economy as to basically be a cheat code), 3 is much better" goes here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Oh, and the obligatory "Tropico 4 tanked the series (and some of the DLC so badly breaks the game economy as to basically be a cheat code), 3 is much better" goes here.
    What DLC breaks the economy? I just started playing 4 recently and find it easier 3, but haven't found anything really outrageous.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    What DLC breaks the economy? I just started playing 4 recently and find it easier 3, but haven't found anything really outrageous.
    Modern Times was generally seen as introducing buildings that had a lot of positive bonuses, without many balancing negative effects. That said, I've never found the Tropico series to be particularly hard.