Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    No deep discounts day.
    Plus Infestation: WarZ stories being a highlighted sale makes the world a sad place.

EDIT: Steam and its bugs lied, ALL PRICES CHANGE!
    Last edited by Scumbag; 18-07-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    No deep discounts day.
    Tell me about it--XCom for $20, CoD:MW3 for $30, Far Cry 3 for $30. Color me unimpressed.

I want XCom, but I'm going to be smart here... I've bought too much already

Blimey, Van Helsing is 8.5 GIG?????

Is XCOM: Enemy Unknown cheaper anywhere else, by any chance?

WarZ should not be highlighted. XCom is $10 for me, but I'm in the US. Where is it $20?

What the hell, 80% of those games have already been on flash sales, and Infestation is one of the worse games ever released on Steam. What's next, Bad Rats at 90% off?

Might pick Sang Froid: tales of werewolves though, any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by SirDavies; 18-07-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    WTB: All your opinions on Sang Froid and Port Royale.

Anyone played them?

Anyone have an opinion on the Euro Truck Simulator series? Also, do you need a wheel for these types of games or will controller/keyboard suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkscare View Post
    WarZ should not be highlighted. XCom is $10 for me, but I'm in the US. Where is it $20?

It took a few seconds to update the prices correctly. It showed them without the daily discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkscare View Post
    Steam just noticed "Oh, the prices were wrong" and then they changed to what they should have been. Silly Steam, Silly Valve!
    I hope TheDreamlord did not impulsively get Van Helsing before the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on the Euro Truck Simulator series? Also, do you need a wheel for these types of games or will controller/keyboard suffice?
    I just started playing it. Enjoyable. Peaceful. Gamepad works a lot better the KB&M. You do not need a wheel, but I'd at least have a gamepad. Backing up takes some time getting used to. I'd pick it up, dude.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    I think the only place where it's been cheaper than this was Amazon and their sale is over?

If you ignore the DLC (no idea if you should) it's a cheap cheap game surely tho? Hell I suck at games like that and I'm tempted...

If you're not going to play it NOW - probably best just to wait for the next sales tho

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:gam...omenemyunknown

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Keyboard/controller is fine - my warning is that despite seeming to be quite 'sim', they're just not. I picked-up a load of stuff in the demo (you've tried the demo?) and headed off to deliver it - was trucking along the M1 when my truck just decided to leap into the air, snap sideways and jackknife. I then watched as every car on the road repeatedly slammed into it - they're probably still doing that...

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    If you're not going to play it NOW - probably best just to wait for the next sales tho
    That's my thought, too. I'll pass/wait.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    XCOM DLC; worth 2.27? That's 2.27 of Steam money, in case that makes a difference.

And while I'm asking, does anyone have any feelings/emotions/thoughts for/near/of/on/about Anomaly 2?
    Last edited by neema_t; 18-07-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Thoughts on Risen 1 and/or Risen 2 (+ DLC)? Any advocates here? I am willing to put up with a difficulty curve and some jankiness if the overall experience is sound.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    What!? The community chose Risen 2? You suck, community!
    Risen 2 never goes on sale. I've been looking forward to picking it up for a while now. I was torn between that and Expedition Conquistador, but was afraid that CKII would be ahead. Honestly I thought that was a bunch of good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by AntediluvianArk View Post
    Thoughts on Risen 1 and/or Risen 2 (+ DLC)? Any advocates here? I am willing to put up with a difficulty curve and some jankiness if the overall experience is sound.
    If you liked Gothic you'll like the first half of Risen. The combat is better than G3, but worse than G1 & 2. You're a bit more agile, and the animations don't suck quite as hard, but it lacks the physicality of Gothic. At $2.50 I can wholeheartedly endorse it. My videocard was dying and shaders were off (definitely a problem on my end) when I played it, and I still played the first half with rapt attention.

If you didn't like Gothic 1&2 because the enemies were hard, or for some other reason, you probably want to skip.

The next half is a shitty dungeon crawl with arbitrarily blocked off passageways. Just got 2. Will see. They have demos.
    Last edited by Internet; 18-07-2013 at 06:39 PM.

In a way I'm relieved Conquistador missed the sale vote, as I bought it only yesterday :D It's similar to King's Bounty but in a good way. I understand it had a big content and balancing patch just recently, so better than it was on release / review time.