Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1204
    Yeah, I held off at 50% off, because it'd still be $25 for both DLC which is a bit too rich for me. I'll have a nice Skyrim session around Christmas at this rate... unless GMG has them at a better rate sometime along the line which is also a possibility.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Yeah, I held off at 50% off, because it'd still be $25 for both DLC which is a bit too rich for me. I'll have a nice Skyrim session around Christmas at this rate... unless GMG has them at a better rate sometime along the line which is also a possibility.
    That was pretty much my assessment exactly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyshines View Post
    Good God, man. What kind of example would I be setting for my son?
    Someone on the RPS Steam chat was trying to play Dark Souls on M+KB last night with custom macros. I tried to talk him out of it, but he was also upset that it didn't work on his 1280x1024 monitor so...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Please, can anyone offer some thoughts on Anomaly 2? The longer this sale goes on, the more I think I might actually buy it. I quite liked the first one. Well, the two missions I've played.

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Please, can anyone offer some thoughts on Anomaly 2? The longer this sale goes on, the more I think I might actually buy it. I quite liked the first one. Well, the two missions I've played.
    I'd recommend going back to the original and playing more levels. If you're still quite liking it, play some more. Rinse and repeat until you get to the point where the only thing you're sure of in this life is YOU WANT TO BUY ANOMALY 2. Then, slowly but surely, move your mind's eye to your belly and focus on your breath: when you inhale, think that they were literally giving away the first Anomaly, when you exhale repeat to yourself: if I wait long enough I will get this for free or next to it.

Keep breathing, at least until the 23rd (although my lawyer recommends I instruct you to keep breathing past that date too, I am instinctively distruting of lawyer's advice). Push comes to shove, you can bask in the warm fuzzy feeling of having finished a game from your backlog.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I'd recommend going back to the original and playing more levels. If you're still quite liking it, play some more.

Yeah, true, I just get these urges to buy nice things when I don't sleep and obviously the later it gets, the stronger the urge. It's now 5am, but at least I'm in bed. Thanks for being logical near me.

But still, how does it compare to Warzone Earth?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Anyone else spot this before it was changed? I tried to purchase it but the basket price was the appropriate amount of $5.09 (66% off).

The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    ...for some reason, the devs of Conquistador don't want to release the game in any Spanish speaking country yet. Nice. Really nice. :-/
    The devs say it'll be ready in a couple of months although no exact date as yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Someone on the RPS Steam chat was trying to play Dark Souls on M+KB last night with custom macros. I tried to talk him out of it, but he was also upset that it didn't work on his 1280x1024 monitor so...
    What? I have a 1280x1024 monitor and about 100 hours on Dark Souls. Whatever he was doing, he was doing it wrong. VERY wrong.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I'd recommend going back to the original and playing more levels. If you're still quite liking it, play some more. Rinse and repeat until you get to the point where the only thing you're sure of in this life is YOU WANT TO BUY ANOMALY 2. Then, slowly but surely, move your mind's eye to your belly and focus on your breath: when you inhale, think that they were literally giving away the first Anomaly, when you exhale repeat to yourself: if I wait long enough I will get this for free or next to it.

Keep breathing, at least until the 23rd (although my lawyer recommends I instruct you to keep breathing past that date too, I am instinctively distruting of lawyer's advice). Push comes to shove, you can bask in the warm fuzzy feeling of having finished a game from your backlog.
    I'm gonna print that out and pin it somewhere next to my monitor for future reference ... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    What? I have a 1280x1024 monitor and about 100 hours on Dark Souls. Whatever he was doing, he was doing it wrong. VERY wrong.
    Especially when considering the fact that DS is rendered in a native resolution of 1024x720 ...

Obscure Node
    So i just bought Prototype 2 on the flash sale. I played it last year on the 360 and really enjoyed it.

My one caveat is i assumed that the Radnet access pack contains all the DLC, including the Colossal Mayhem and Brutal Force DLC which looked fun. Fortunatley I checked when it wasn't mentioned in the description. Turns out they were console exclusives. So you may not want to bother with the pack, which seems to be just a few challenges and some behind the scene videos etc.

I'd still say the main game was a great sand-boxy superpowers experiance however.

Quote Originally Posted by Deptfordx View Post
    So i just bought Prototype 2 on the flash sale. I played it last year on the 360 and really enjoyed it.

I'd still say the main game was a great sand-boxy superpowers experiance however.
    Be mindful, the PC port is a god forsaken mess. Up there with Saints Row 2.

It played, but would only render at 16:9 leaving black borders. (Also how do you live?!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Anyone else spot this before it was changed? I tried to purchase it but the basket price was the appropriate amount of $5.09 (66% off).
    Something similar happened to Sleeping Dogs awhile back. I still don't know wtf I was thinking not snatching it up.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It played, but would only render at 16:9 leaving black borders. (Also how do you live?!)
    I think the letter boxing is a setting you can enable/disable in DSfix. I could be mistaken though.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Do I buy Dark Souls for PC even though I have it already on a lesser consolio device...

Hmm decisions..

How's the multiplayer work compared to the consoles? Is it the same invade/assist system with no choice of who you play with?
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

First I inhale, then I exhale. Rinse and repeat about 25 times per minute. It's not as bothersome as it sounds once you get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchinchin25 View Post
    Do I buy Dark Souls for PC even though I have it already on a lesser consolio device...

Hmm decisions..

How's the multiplayer work compared to the consoles? Is it the same invade/assist system with no choice of who you play with?
    The MP is exactly the same. The PC version does have the Artorias of the Abyss DLC included, if that somewhat interests you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchinchin25 View Post
    http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/334/

First I inhale, then I exhale. Rinse and repeat about 25 times per minute. It's not as bothersome as it sounds once you get used to it.
    I wouldn't get anything done if I didn't constantly have Youtube droning on my second monitor.
    Last edited by sabrage; 19-07-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post

Hum... not sure how American retail law works (or if this could apply to Steam even) but in UK retail law if a store advertises something at a price they need to sell it at the said price at the time of attempted transaction. I was going to say something with people I knew as Skyrim was advertised at 0.00 during one of the voting periods, but that was a pre-empt and it was not advertised for sale at that price.
    Not trying to make a war here, but anyone have any ideas on if this is legal? Is it just LOLINTERNET so all is thrown to the wind?

This came up last year at the time of several very silly mistakes by Gamersgate. My vague recollection is that the store doesn't have to honour the price if it's clear that that could never have been a real price, such as someone offering you a new Mercedes for a dollar. However, it's really hard to tell what a "real" sale price for digital downloads is, as many retailers have given things away for free in the past.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.