Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1204
    Rayman: O'ahu is a very enjoyable platformer. It's definitely been this cheap before, and will likely be again, so the usual warning about not spending money on something you're not going to play soon applies.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Deptfordx View Post
    Yeah for 5 pound, even a barely passable Mass Effect-clone might be tempting. Is it really bad?
    The main complaints are that co-op was broken on release (since fixed) - clipping through the scenery (it's Star Trek - that happened in the TV series - let alone the game) and that it's a tiresome GoW cover shooter thing with some puzzles.

I guess if you like ST those things might not matter...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Rayman: O'ahu is a very enjoyable platformer. It's definitely been this cheap before, and will likely be again, so the usual warning about not spending money on something you're not going to play soon applies.
    Rayman Oranges is really a Sonic game and a good one at that.

p.s. getting back to ST - this is an angry rant but it also highlights quite a bit of astroturfing - skip through a bit, there's loads of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB7r9m9vYNA#at=406

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Monaco has been price matched on his own site - http://www.monacoismine.com/

Not much of a saving to steams, as he put them at decent prices on steam. Steam key and DRM-free at Monaco site.

For those of you wondering about Under the Ocean, I've been playing a bit more.
    As of right now I'd say your buying it depends on how interested you are on seeing it grow and or giving feedback to the dev.
    Right now it's nice, and it shows a lot of promise. It seems like it'll manage to be a fairly good survival game. But right now It lacks depth and, more importantly, it lacks drive. There isn't that much of an incentive to play. You can hunt a crab, you can build a shack, you can even make a boat, wich I think takes you to a different island. But that's all there is to it right now.
    Of course, it's not even in beta, there's a long way to go for this one, and I get the feeling it'll be great once it's finished. As I said, buy it if you want to see how a nice little toy turns into a good game or want to take part on the feedback.
    As for myself, I think I'll be happy to check for changes on each update, but I don't see myself putting too much time into it yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Monaco has been price matched on his own site - http://www.monacoismine.com/

Not much of a saving to steams, as he put them at decent prices on steam. Steam key and DRM-free at Monaco site.
    Same for Gunpoint.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I'm getting the sense (and I think a back-of-the-envelope calculation backs me up) that we're not going to see any "new" deals from here. That is, remaining flash sales are pretty much going to be reruns of previous dailies, and new dailies are pretty much going to be reruns of previous flash sales.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind seeing The Amazing Spiderman for really cheap. I just want to swing around and bonk heads together for a low, low price.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Can anyone explain to me the logic of the Civ V Gold Edition Upgrade costing 2.49 while the Gods & Kings expansion costs 7.49? The pack consists of Gods & Kings PLUS a shedload of minor DLC. o_0

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    Can anyone explain to me the logic of the Civ V Gold Edition Upgrade costing €2.49 while the Gods & Kings expansion costs €7.49? The pack consists of Gods & Kings PLUS a shedload of minor DLC. o_0
    Its not suppose to make sense. I guess its just a way to screw those of us who bought Gods and Kings when it came out and haven't bought the other small dlc.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

I finally pulled the trigger on XCOM at $8.49 (Amazon US with gooncave coupon), just because, I kid you not, I found a $10 note on the ground just after lunch today.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Re-post:

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    While we're at it: Let's say Monaco does indeed win the vote (if not, I'm sure it'll be back at a later time), is anyone up for sharing a 4-Pack? If purchased directly on Steam, the US pricing would be the most favourable, but there's also the possibility to get it via the Humble Store which charges in USD anyway. They're currently matching the 33 % discount but I'm not sure if they'll do the same for the 8 hour period the community deal would last.
    The dev's have indeed price-matched Steam's discount on the Humble Store which probably makes it the best place to get it (better price for Europeans + access to a DRM-free copy). Getting a 4-Pack would save an additional 25 % on top of the sales price. Anyone in?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    I finally pulled the trigger on XCOM at $8.49 (Amazon US with gooncave coupon), just because, I kid you not, I found a $10 note on the ground just after lunch today.
    Once, at a gas station far out of my way that I'd never go to if I wasn't almost empty, I pulled up next to a pump with $25 pre-paid on it. I spent the money I saved on gas on gas.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Once, at a gas station far out of my way that I'd never go to if I wasn't almost empty, I pulled up next to a pump with $25 pre-paid on it. I spent the money I saved on gas on gas.
    One up.

I walked out of a supermarket as a teenager and found a $100 note in the gutter. Winning

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I'm getting the sense (and I think a back-of-the-envelope calculation backs me up) that we're not going to see any "new" deals from here. That is, remaining flash sales are pretty much going to be reruns of previous dailies, and new dailies are pretty much going to be reruns of previous flash sales.
    That's cool, still means that there's expeditions conquistador out there somewhere.

Banned
    I once find a 100 dollar bill on the floor. I huffed and walked away from it. I felt so self righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Rayman Oranges is really a Sonic game
    That makes sense based on my slight acquaintance with Sonic - cheers.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    I once find a 100 dollar bill on the floor. I huffed and walked away from it. I felt so self righteous.
    I found a 100 dollar bill in the lower intestinal tract of a llama. I rolled it up filled with lady grey tea leaves and smoked it. I felt so self indulgent.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node TheDreamlord's Avatar
    Does anyone know what Civilization V:Gold Edition UPGRADE is, for 2.49 currently? I only have the base Civ V. Does this upgrade include everything in the gold edition minus the core game? Meaning, it includes God and Kings expansion?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    What's the status of Towns these days? Still a mess?