Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1204
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    Does anyone know what Civilization V:Gold Edition UPGRADE is, for 2.49 currently? I only have the base Civ V. Does this upgrade include everything in the gold edition minus the core game? Meaning, it includes God and Kings expansion?
    The gold edition upgrade should be all DLCs plus Gods & Kings

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    Does anyone know what Civilization V:Gold Edition UPGRADE is, for 2.49 currently? I only have the base Civ V. Does this upgrade include everything in the gold edition minus the core game? Meaning, it includes God and Kings expansion?
    It's Civ V Gold Edition minus Civ V itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    It's Civ V Gold Edition minus Civ V itself.
    It includes Civ V as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    It includes Civ V as well.
    The upgrade most certainly does NOT include the base game, that'd just be silly.

SotS: The Pit is like Dungeons of Dredmor right? I want to buy it but since I haven't really play Dredmor, I think I will pass until winter sale.
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 20-07-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Strike Suit Zero is quite cheap as a flash sale, but I've heard it's not worth it, right? :-/ Prison Architect as a daily is really tempting, too.

Well, with today's sales up, I can make my one unabashed recommendation of the sale. If you like cart racers, Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed is literally the best one on the PC. There's a ridiculous amount of excellent single player content, it supports local and online multiplayer (as well as mixture of the two), it's just all around fantastic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Oh my god they've added cards to Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed! ZOMGOSH.

Anyhow, all the Sonic games are 75% off, apart from, oddly, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, which is only 50% off. But you won't be getting that, so nevermind. Recommendation time!

S&ASR Transformed - Best karting game in the last few years, possibly the best ever. Very polished, runs great, extremely fun to play. Supports up to 4 player split-screen, tons of single-player/offline content with some decent challenges thrown in. A god damn steal at this price.

Generations - If you have ever been a fan of Sonic at any point, you'll want to get this. Looks gorgeous, plays great, splitting between classic 2D Sonic and modern 2/3D Sonic. Can also be seen as an entry into the Sonic franchise for newcomers, although some of the dialogue and the impact will be significantly lost on you. Also has plenty of mods, including one that ports all of the good (read: daytime) levels from Sonic Unleashed and puts them in a better engine. Note: You WILL need a controller for this.

1, 2, 3&K - Brilliant trilogy of classic platforming. Note, these (and some of the other Genesis/Mega Drive titles) come in a Sega emulator, not as their own entry in Steam. I mean, they're great, but you probably know if you want these or not by now.

CD - Re-released recently on a new engine, supporting various tweaks, not least of which includes widescreen support. A divisive game in the series that focuses more on exploration than getting to the end, with an 'interesting' level design that you'll either like or loathe. I really enjoy it and with the time attack mode it comes with, it can be fun to jam about on certain levels. I feel like this is up there with the classic trilogy in terms of general quality.

Sonic 4, Episodes 1 and 2 - Avoid 1. 2 is mediocrity incarnate, with nothing particularly outstanding about it. A couple of levels are stand-out fun, similarly with some of the soundtrack, but it's really only recommendable if you've exhausted absolutely every other source of Sonic. Even then, I've played better fan games.

Adventure - I played this a few years ago and even then I thought it was out-dated as hell. I can't really recommend this. Bolstered by the fact the port is apparently not at all good.

All Stars Racing (the original) - Not played, but allegedly has a better character roster, otherwise there's not much need to get this if you get Transformed (which you should).

Spinball - It's a very silly game, really. Falls under the same category as 4Ep2 in terms of "If you really want more Sonic content", albeit this one doesn't play much like Sonic. Also notable for being stupid hard, but has some pretty good music.

3D Blast - That's an avoid.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 20-07-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

edit. misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Generations - If you have ever been a fan of Sonic at any point, you'll want to get this. Looks gorgeous, plays great, splitting between classic 2D Sonic and modern 2/3D Sonic. Can also be seen as an entry into the Sonic franchise for newcomers, although some of the dialogue and the impact will be significantly lost on you. Also has plenty of mods, including one that ports all of the good (read: daytime) levels from Sonic Unleashed and puts them in a better engine.
    Generations also has a very nice demo, so you can get a clear sense of how you'll get on with it. Personally, I didn't get along with the controls at all, but then I'm platformer deficient.

I must admit that I'm tempted despite that though, out of a deranged sense of nostalgia. I just feel like I'm not really in control of the character too much of the time.
    Last edited by vinraith; 20-07-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Strike Suit Zero is quite cheap as a flash sale, but I've heard it's not worth it, right? :-/ Prison Architect as a daily is really tempting, too.
    Tempted by SSZ but I found out I'm actually temporarily broke, no new funds until tomorrow at least. Probably a good thing, under the circumstances.

Zeno Clash 2 worth it at 50% off?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Thanks for the rundown of Sonic games, The JG Man. I really enjoyed the much praised Racing Transformed, and had been looking at some other games in the setting. This should give me a good idea of what to look at a bit closer.

I can also recommend Saints Row the Third for just €5. Great fun, the jokes and story are very juvenile for all the right reasons, and it pretty much takes a 'if it's cool let's just do it' approach to an urban open world. The fourth game is coming up, but if you haven't had a chance to try the third, this is as good a time as any. The port of the second was much maligned, but the port of the third never gave me problems and seems to have been well received.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    I couldn't get on with either of the Strike Suit games. No sense of motion, everything felt 1,000 times more diddly than it needed to be and I spent far too much time trying to work out if maybe there was a joke lost on me or something. Very pretty but not really up to much.

I'll throw another hat in the ring in favour of Sonic Transformed. It's the Outrun 2 of Kart Racers and I don't have a higher compliment than that.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Tempted by SSZ but I found out I'm actually temporarily broke, no new funds until tomorrow at least. Probably a good thing, under the circumstances.
    Just read a very positive review of strike suit infinity, which is much cheaper. I can buy it with my trading card proceeds haha. It seems to be quite good value. Any thoughts?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Just read a very positive review of strike suit infinity, which is much cheaper. I can buy it with my trading card proceeds haha. It seems to be quite good value. Any thoughts?
    I did something similar in a previous sale, got Infinity and played it for a while. Do note that it's a score attack rather than a mission driven game. It's a decent enough space dogfighter, I guess, but because you don't have the missions of the full game, you miss out on the variety that offers. If that doesn't really matter, and you just want to get some space action going on, then Infinity is probably just as good.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Due to the fact that I still got 15 bucks to spend and it doesn't look like anything interesting is coming up, I'm considering getting Natural Selection 2. Make me do it!

Also, do you really need another recommendation for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed? It's good. Really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Due to the fact that I still got 15 bucks to spend and it doesn't look like anything interesting is coming up, I'm considering getting Natural Selection 2. Make me do it!
    Do you like multiplayer shooters? If so, then you really should check it out; it's one of the more unique ones on offer.

It's Aliens vs Marines in an FPS/RTS hybrid. One player from each side takes the role of the commander, and plays the game like an RTS. Everybody else plays from first-person view.

The commander drops structures to be built and the players spread out over the map to take control of 'tech points' and 'resource points'. More resources equals bigger and shinier toys for the commander to dish out to the troops. Marines get weapon upgrades, jetpacks and exosuits and Aliens get things like invisibility, improved speed and health regeneration, as well as access to more powerful lifeforms which they can evolve into. First side to kill the other wins!

The game does come with a bit of a learning curve, but that can be alleviated by practicing in the 'Explore mode' that the game offers. Also, there's a bunch of veteran players over in the NS2 subforum who would be happy to answer any questions about the game. We still play fairly regularly too, although our numbers have been dwindling as of late.

There's no XP unlocks, no paid DLC, dedicated servers and a huge bunch of mods in the steam workshop; and the devs have a big content update planned for the end of August as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Would you say it plays anything like the original AvP/AvP2 multiplayer? I did like that for a fact.

Also, how are the actual shooting mechanics? I usually fare way better in twitch skill centric shooters. And seeing as my system is nearing its 6th birthday: how well is the game optimized?

Activated Node
    Usually I hate it when they recycle sales, but I just got home, so, uh.. Dear Valve, please recycle. Nevermind everyone else, I need to spend moneys too!

At less than 3€, Strike suit zero could scratch my space-diablo itch just fine. Also heartily recommending Saints row the third (and I dont enjoy GTA-like-thingies, usually).