Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1204
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Both Trine 2 and Kentucky Route 0 are currently on sale on Steam for a bigger discount than they ever got in the summer sale - just as a little "fuck you" to anyone who bought them last week, I guess.
    Let me quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I reckon that's the way they plan seasonal sales these days "we gotta save something decent for the other 47 weeks"
    Trine 2 Complete for just 2.5 € is insane, anyway.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I got Trine 2 in the sale and I certainly don't feel cheated.

Obscure Node
    I bought the Saints Row IV Complete Package during the Winter Sales 2012 for 25 Euros, do I have to go on a rampage because it was sold during Summer Sales für 5 Euros because I didn't see that coming?

Really, buy at a price that is reasonable for you and don't obsess over newer deals which may be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    That actually makes it worse, because it means you're vicariously offended on the chance somebody is whining that their discount wasn't as big as it could have been.
    0 for 2. Arrogance and pessimism... maybe not a winning combo for you.

I was just noting how bloody tacky - and cravenly manipulative - it is of them to hype up their summer sale, knowing people wait til then to get a lot of the games they want at deep discounts, then put some of those same games up for even deeper discounts a day afterward once they know they won't be moving the same volume. I guess what's really galling is they didn't even wait long enough to hide it.

I know, this is the same company betting on people buying games for virtual trading cards, so it shouldn't be surprising. I'm just observing how Steam's image has really declined from Respectable Game Shoppe to fast-talking smack dealer.

Thinking out loud, as one does. But, looking for civilized conversation? With gamers? On the internet? No, you're right, my bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Yes, it's so very manipulative of them to put KR0 on a deeper discount after the summer sale ended. It's not like they were letting people vote for that deeper discount in the community choice.

Except they were.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Do we know for sure that Valve sets prices and not the developer/publisher?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Do we know for sure that Valve sets prices and not the developer/publisher?
    Valve can suggest, the developer sets it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ys on sale, interesting. I only have 1 of them so far on the PSP.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Ys on sale, interesting. I only have 1 of them so far on the PSP.
    I believe this is the cheapest they've ever been (at least according to isthereanydeal.) They're quite good, like Castlevania meets Zelda, and very difficult.

Obscure Node
    If you wanna play the Ys games you should go and grab it. The discount is the same as during the summer sale.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I believe this is the cheapest they've ever been (at least according to isthereanydeal.) They're quite good, like Castlevania meets Zelda, and very difficult.
    Origin and The Oath in Felghana were definitely cheaper in 2012's winter sale (75 % off).

Activated Node
    0 for 2. Arrogance and pessimism... maybe not a winning combo for you.

I was just noting how bloody tacky - and cravenly manipulative - it is of them to hype up their summer sale, knowing people wait til then to get a lot of the games they want at deep discounts, then put some of those same games up for even deeper discounts a day afterward once they know they won't be moving the same volume. I guess what's really galling is they didn't even wait long enough to hide it.

I know, this is the same company betting on people buying games for virtual trading cards, so it shouldn't be surprising. I'm just observing how Steam's image has really declined from Respectable Game Shoppe to fast-talking smack dealer.

Thinking out loud, as one does. But, looking for civilized conversation? With gamers? On the internet? No, you're right, my bad.
    Or you could look at it as Valve making up for KR0 not winning the vote and giving those who were after the deeper discount what they wanted.

Also, something has to be discounted immediately after the Sale. Would it be better if it was something that appeared in a Daily and several flash sales over the last week, or something that didn't? I'm sure people would complain no matter what.

So, uh... A lot of people said something was gonna happen July 22nd. HL3 reveal was one of the rumors...

Nothing happened at all, right?

Network Hub
    A practical joke happened, you know, the usual.

I'm surprised people still have energy to care about HL3, the only reason I care about it is right now is so that the damn thing can get released and I won't have to see so many jokes anymore. Of course, when it does come out I'll probably love it and want to slap myself for thinking otherwise, but I'm sure that the day the internet stops caring is the day they try to win us back with an announcement.

Also, if the fact that the sale prices are slightly better the day after the sale is the reason you're rapidly losing respect for Valve, then you must have the worst case of tunnel vision I've seen. Steam was originally there an as method of DRM, forced on you to play an incredibly anticipated game and was horrible for years, and it still isn't a great client. Not to mention the unwillingness to show digital game sales and prove PC gaming is rather popular, the fact that some great games like UnEpic and SPAZ got the cold shoulder for a Steam release and yet Bad Rats and Ride To Hell: Retribution managed to get on there. Greenlight having this weird weighting that still allows Valve to pick and choose games, and yet the fact that someone may have lost money is what draws the line is confusing to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What should they do though? They're committed to offering a daily sale on something each day, should they only repeat deals from the summer sale for the next month? Isn't that a bit dull?

Plus the whole Steam sale is the same thing in a microcosm - things will be cheaper on daily/flash deals than in the main sale. Yet that doesn't cause the same ire?

While I can understand the initial reaction of someone is to be annoyed, after thinking about it, I'm not sure what you figure a 'fair' system would be?

I was just noting how bloody tacky - and cravenly manipulative - it is of them to hype up their summer sale, knowing people wait til then to get a lot of the games they want at deep discounts,
    Given all the non-plussed-ness I've seen about recent seasonal sales, I really wouldn't know about that. I guess we're at a point where people just buy the games they were keeping an eye on, whenever they hit a price level they're comfortable with.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    It's probably worth mentioning that Steam do almost nothing at all when it comes to hyping up their summer sales. They don't advertise it, they don't mention it's coming, they don't email you about it when it starts. They do absolutely nothing.

It's the community that hypes up the summer (and winter) sales.

And yes, KR0 was a community option that lost out. This lets people who didn't buy it because it didn't win that vote a chance to buy it as if it did win.

And finally, you're complaining about discounted games. First world problems.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Some people don't just look a gift-horse in the mouth, they take it to whatever the hell you call a horse-dentist and have it given fillings, braces and a root canal, then send the invoice to the horse-gifter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    I was just noting how bloody tacky - and cravenly manipulative - it is of them to hype up their summer sale, knowing people wait til then to get a lot of the games they want at deep discounts, then put some of those same games up for even deeper discounts a day afterward once they know they won't be moving the same volume.
    You know, they could simply not give discounts at all. If I had to deal with such whiners as you, I certainly wouldn't be giving any deals.

There's just no helping some people.

Last edited by Nalano; 24-07-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Activated Node
    #0.5stWorldProblems

See, it's 0.5 instead of First...

Because it's discounted.