Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McSasquatch View Post
    Top stuff JG Man.

Further to that, I'd add my own tuppence worth - if you just cannot resist, make all your purchases as gifts. Then you can keep them in your inventory until such time as you want to play that particular title. If you come to realise that you are indeed doomed to never clear your Steam backlog and adding to it would be folly, you can instead gift the game to someone else who will appreciate it, or trade it for something you will definitely play. Less wastage this way I reckon.
    I've never thought of that. That's an intriguing suggestion.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

I've seriously cut back on my expected purchases, currently only looking out for Skyrim DLC and maybe Dishonored. Since Mortal Kombat is only out on tomorrow I doubt it will be on sale later.

I've got my eye firmly on Far Cry 3. Napoleon: Total War also, if it goes down to peanut-price (it's not exactly expensive even undiscounted, but a man must have principles!).

I'm hoping for a deal on D&D : Chronicles of Mystara and Transformers : Fall of Cybertron. Aside from that, I don't really need more games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    My goal is to, once again, pass the sale without buying anything. I've managed that twice now, and it's easier each time, so I'm confident I'll manage.
    That's my goal this time around. I'll grab Don't Starve if it hits the <$3 range, but everything else on my mental wishlist seems destined to bore me anyway.

Hoping for Far Cry 3, Anno 2070, Gunpoint and Expeditions: Conquistador. Maybe Shootmania Storm too. I'm determined not to go overboard this time though. My ever expanding backlog just isn't funny any more.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    That's my goal this time around. I'll grab Don't Starve if it hits the <$3 range, but everything else on my mental wishlist seems destined to bore me anyway.
    I think I might still have a don't starve key left somewhere if you want... Have to check it out.

I haven't bought something in a while so maybe I'll buy some stuff. My rules stays. Only buy at - 66 % or -75 % minimum. max one game per day. Max 50Ä on the whole sales. Only games which are in my wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Since I'm going on a vacation for 3 weeks, I'll probably miss this year's sale.
    Which will make my backlog happier.

On the other hand the vacation is in the US, so I'll probably check it here an there and grab a couple of indies (FTL and don't starve. probably).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If I have the funds I'm looking for FTL, Don't Starve, Skyrim Legendary (doubtful it'll be reduced enough), X-com, Super Hexagon, Brutal Legend, Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, Rage, and Risen 2.

Since my PC's old and we don't have much, I'll probably prioritize Hexagon, FTL, Brutal Legend, and Risen 2 in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    If I have the funds I'm looking for FTL, Don't Starve, Skyrim Legendary (doubtful it'll be reduced enough), X-com, Super Hexagon, Brutal Legend, Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, Rage, and Risen 2.

Since my PC's old and we don't have much, I'll probably prioritize Hexagon, FTL, Brutal Legend, and Risen 2 in that order.
    I would prioritize mark of the Ninja over Risen 2... Excellent game !

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Hoping for Metro Last Light, though I suspect it won't go below £20.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Super Hexagon,
    This game is like £1.50 and it is well worth that. I don't see how saving the 50p would really be worth the hassle when Terry is not asking for much money in the first place. If you have a PC that can only play indie/old games, I am surprised you haven't tried it already. Also worth considering getting it on Android/iPhone if possible, the game is suited for a commute or killing time waiting for an appointment.

As for sales, I can usually get through them ignoring them completely. However, I am really hoping Crusaders Kings 2 gets a nice discount along with some of the DLC. I don't usually have the time for these sort of games but the premise and content sound really intriguing. I hope Paradox are willing to put a nice reduction on it as I would definitely pick that up and be sorted on games for the rest of the year.

My backlog is too giant for new games!

That said, if anything on my wishlist shows up with a good deal I'll be sorely tempted, especially Kerbal Space Program and Dust: An Elysian Tale. I've also been waiting to see Hot Pursuit go under a fiver again because I missed it last time.

I'm hoping to get my hands on a Zeno Clash 2 two-pack for a bit less than usual. Aside from that, there's nothing I'm really itching for.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Rather than making a "to buy" list, I think I'll make a "do not buy" list.

Shogun2:Total War - I've only just finally ticked off M2TW from my "played list" (completed two grand campaigns and played 2/4 of the scenario campaigns in the Kingdoms expansions). I'd love to spend some time on the mods, but life is too short. And I have Emp and Nap TW sitting in my steam account. Even if I just played one grand campaign in each, that'll keep me busy until next year.

Farcry 3: Blood Dragon - as I only ever got 30 minutes into Metro2033. And I don't think I even installed Rage after buying it last
    sale.

Kerbal Space Program - looks a lot of fun, but it's not finished yet right?

CK2 - very tempted on this one, but it's another time sink game. And I'll probably finally buy XCOM this sale which will keep me busy til at least Christmas.

Anything in the X series - I bought X2 in a sale a good few years ago and enjoyed it. And I'm always tempted to get one of the later games in the series. Except, well, time. And, they're working on a big reboot aren't they?

Witcher 2 - as I need to finish off the Witcher1 first! I think I'm nearly there, but I also want to complete the Baldur's Gate series (playing using the trilogy mod) before Project Eternity is released. So I really don't need another rpg on the pc.

Skyrim - see above.

Must stay strong.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    My hopes and dreams are as follows:

Assassin's Creed III
    Dishonored
    Tomb Raider
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
    Call of Juarez: The Gunslinger
    The Walking Dead

I already have a backlog of cosmic proportions so I will try to keep my wallet in check, but I think I will allow myself one or two games from the list, depending on how cheap they get.

It's only really a nice discount on the Pinball stuff I'm after this time. I'm fairly sure I'll skim off a load more guff to work through when I'm bored as I always do though.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Riadsala I have all the games on that list and I so do not wish I did.

I'm being tempted by X3 again, which will not end well

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Riadsala I have all the games on that list and I so do not wish I did.

?

I can't quite tell what you mean.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riadsala View Post
    ?

I can't quite tell what you mean.
    He owns all from your "do not want" list. And he regrets buying them.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/