Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Yep. Squad deploy needs to go. I mean, it's fine that you want to give players a way to spawn near their squads, but you don't need to let them drop pod in. I also like the ammo/repair thing while airborne.
    What if it were a one-off (i.e. on logging in/joining squad) thing? It's currently quite ridiculous that you can just do a suicide sprint somewhere, die, and get your squad to drop on you - even removing the drop-pod aspect would still have it silly; all of a sudden 11 VS just appear around a dead body! The whole ability to remote-deploy somewhere should be restricted to spawn beacons and GALAXEHS normally.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Strangely enough, this was posted on Youtube today:

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    What if it were a one-off (i.e. on logging in/joining squad) thing? It's currently quite ridiculous that you can just do a suicide sprint somewhere, die, and get your squad to drop on you - even removing the drop-pod aspect would still have it silly; all of a sudden 11 VS just appear around a dead body! The whole ability to remote-deploy somewhere should be restricted to spawn beacons and GALAXEHS normally.
    Then people log off and back on to do it. It should just spawn people on the closest normal spawn near the squad leader. If that means you spawn the next base over because there's no friendly Sunderer, good. You don't deserve to spawn near that target, because you don't have a Sunderer.

TopGir was great fun last night and i'd like to thank LaKroy for leading it. Flying battle gals all night was great fun and something i would love to do more often within that environment.

Perhaps it could be a more permanent fixture from now on as we did have a full squad at one point and actually, i wouldn't mind be an alternate SL for it in the future.

I would definitely recommend to anyone who also enjoyed being part of TopGir: get involved with TVA air forced that are run during Friday night ops. More certs for FOB crews, better coordination and playing with other pilots from Miller VS. I'll definitely be there tomorrow.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 13-02-2014 at 10:02 AM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    TopGir was great fun last night and i'd like to thank LaKroy for leading it. Flying battle gals all night was great fun and something i would love to do more often within that environment.

Perhaps it could be a more permanent fixture from now on as we did have a full squad at one point and actually, i wouldn't mind be an alternate SL for it in the future.

I would definitely recommend to anyone who also enjoyed being part of TopGir: get involved with TVA air forced that are run during Friday night ops. More certs for FOB crews, better coordination and playing with other pilots from Miller VS. I'll definitely be there tomorrow.
    I sadly can't make that many StratGirs anymore due to the day change, but the air squad was a nice change to our usual tactics and seemed really effective so I am hoping it becomes a regular thing. At least a few fights with mossies or reavers where we lost no one to their guns. We were able to establish a real air domination, which proved especially useful at Pale Canyon when NC tried to make a come back.

Bump!

Big thanks to LaKroy, SirHoc, Rizlar and Arcturian for their help "Liberating" Amerish tonight, it was great fun.

I for one have felt my air game improve drastically in the recent weeks, in both Libs and Scythes. It's interesting to see a lot of others take to it nicely as well, and i've noticed there's been some really good duo's and trio's forming during practice. Specifically tonight i noticed really clear and accurate marking of enemy sunderers and consistent information about where enemy armour was, so a special shout out to those on the ground that facilitated that - you did a really great job!

I'm actually considering whether or not to do a S4T on the Liberator and how to fly and crew it. I'm no expert, but given enough people who are experienced with it wish to attend - the knowledge could be shared amongst the class.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Obscure Node
    I was one of the other libs flying around with Rizlar and also had great fun. I've developed an insatiable appetite for libbing recently and I have to agree that the ground-level waypoint marking of targets makes the lib c. 2500 times more effective. Thanks to INGLE5 particularly for calling out targets.

The calling out of targets was brilliant. The libs could quickly acquire them and take them out. It was a very efficient way of removing enemy sunderers and I think it helped us hold what was actually a numerically superior NC force from pushing north from Shrouded Skyway and Cobalt Communications and threaten our amp station.

Liberator S4T sounds very good and I can support you with some liberator experience if you want to, Nick. I hope you go ahead and book that session!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    With the upcoming sessions about ESF flying (date to be announced!) it looks like S4T will be great for our air capabilities.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc