Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Revenge of the Crabs
    The RPS guild had recently unlocked Guild Rushes, against the clock races through an enemy filled obstacle course. For success, 15 of us had to cross the finish line in haf an hour. For our second rush, we drew Crab Scuttle. This was set in Southsun Cove, the most dangerous zone in the game, filled with vicious crabs that wanted revenge for me killing their leader a few months previously. Still, I was maximum level, with exotic gear and months of experience in the game, with the might of RPS to back me up - what could possibly go wrong?
    Did I forget to mention that during the rush all the racers were transformed into defenseless baby crabs...
    For half an hour we rushed, we scuttled, we walked sideways, we dodged, we dug in the sand...

We died.

A lot.

When giant crabs weren't attacking us we were crushed by cave-ins triggered by the guildmate in front of us. But eventually we learned the patterns. Some of the guild not racing healed and drew fire. Eventually I made it to a small tunnel where my protectors couldn't follow. Emerging I was on my own, but the finish line was in sight, the banners of RPS's mascot Horace waving in the coastal breeze. With the clock running down, and only a sliver of health remaining, I dragged a claw over the line. One down. Fourteen to go.
    We failed the rush that day, only a handful of us made it. But a few weeks later we returned and RPS was triumphant.
    As a lifelong solo player of RPGs it's the cooperative play and teamwork with friends and the guild that stand out in GW2 - particularly the first time that we embark on something, be it a quest, a new area, dungeon or challenge, and working together, even if it takes a few tries, to overcome it.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

My piece is up! Thank you so much for telling your stories. I will continue to survey this thread for the best tales and perhaps I might even LOG IN to play. Eek!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...-guild-wars-2/

Hurrah! As I've already said in the comment section of your post, many many thanks for writing this up, Cara! The selection of screenshots is also great, at first I couldn't believe you chose pictures taken by our guild members.

Of course, you're always welcome to join us in-game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I couldn't believe you chose a picture of Bankrotas de Pink.
    I've also had my suspicions about Anets motives, it's good to have some concrete rumour to add to them too.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

With Cara's post published, it is time to finalise this initial batch of stories and prepare the promised rewards. I would like to present Krathor, Siddin, Vlupius, ferumengin, jha4ceb, Labbes, and Xanadu with the prices for their storytelling. Tweetiti, don't worry. In case you would still like to write up your story, you'll get something after you're back from your holiday.

Depending on when more people are available, I would like to do this either this Wednesday or Friday night (Saturday evening I cannot attend the guild missions, I am afraid).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Power of Hot Pink works again
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Network Hub
    (...) our World might be playing against Holland’s (...)
    So, uhm, I'll just sit quietly in this corner here... And, eh, feel free to discuss all your plans and schemes, I promise I won't tell anyone. Honestly!
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlupius3 View Post
    So, uhm, I'll just sit quietly in this corner here... And, eh, feel free to discuss all your plans and schemes, I promise I won't tell anyone. Honestly!
    And people are wondering why Drakkar Lake is doing so well this week.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    And people are wondering why Drakkar Lake is doing so well this week.
    Kick 'im out with the trash!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Power of Hot Pink works again
    I can't believe she included my Mephala's mock pink outfit screenshot! I feel strangely proud to see several screenshots of mine in that article.

EDIT: I just noticed she used my 'Snowballs fleeing from bear' screenshot at the top! Nice.
    Last edited by Siddin; 15-07-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    that snowballs shot was really good, but where did the chicken come from?
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Prizes? Exciting. Can't make Friday as its my birthday this weekend, but will be about Wednesday around guild mission time.
    edit. Shan't be about tonight, sorry chaps.
    Last edited by Xanadu; 17-07-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

A quote from me and a link to my blog? Hurray for Cara!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    Someone didn't listen and kept their pet Moa bird out

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Ooh, and two of my screenshots too -- proud
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    it was crossing the road, why? to escape the bear of course...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Activated Node
    I am famous! (Me and my ugly sword )

//Valconas

Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Fantastic write-up of a memorable evening!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Right, Wednesday as a date for the reward ceremony didn't work so well for me personally, so I guess we'll do that on Friday (since I won't be around on Saturday evening). Any storytellers who can't be around that evening will receive their prices in the mail. Right now I cannot remember when reset is, but I guess we'll find a bit of time (like 5-15 minutes) to get together that night.