Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sorry I missed the bash on Friday. Have been away all weekend as my wife organised a surprise weekend away. Should be back online tonight
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I could tell you about this one time when we tried a low level fractal, that day I was literally crying of laughter. I remember for instance when, let’s call him Baron Blackliver, was constantly telling us while going up the Cliffside Fractal “DON’T FALL, Whatever you do, DON’T FArggggggggggh” –SPLAT. And not only one time but multiple times while the gargoyle wind pushed him away from the scaffolding and the bombs exploded on his feet.
    There was also another epic moment when we were about to kill Old Tom, a cat golem in the Raving Asura's jumping puzzle (this fractal is way silly; it also features a Champion Rabbit). Most of us were using this amazing communication tools that saves time and makes the experience friendlier: Mumble. But our fearless guild leader, let’s call him Beaverworshipper, didn’t bother and was busy typing the strategy in the party chat while the rest of us had already talked about what to do and started engaging the kitty. Suddenly one of us said: Oh Oh look at the chat from beaver: “Good luck, I am outside and the door is locked.” OOPS

But I think I’d rather talk about our experience of Arah Path 4. Arah Explorable is the hardest and longest dungeon you can do in GW2. Path 2 or 3 will take first time about 3 hours, Path 1 about 5 and 4 about 7!
    The first time I did Arah I wasn’t prepared and had just reached level 80. I was invited to try path 1 and we died multiple times without ever killing the first boss! Preparation is key. Also every path feature Giganticus Lupicus, Lupi to us Dungeon Masters (we know him intimately now). This is one of the hardest bosses in the game. He has 3 phases, some claim on YouTube to have killed him in 10 minutes but we prefer the traditional approach of Phase 1: bunch together and have one person on grub duty; phase 2 survive while Lupi teleports and steals your life; Phase 3 revive and survive while he focuses on one of us while the others tickle him in the back.
    We tried Path 4 last but the first time we never made it to the end all because of Dwayna, also called Simin, I call her PITA.
    So we booked an afternoon and evening on a Sunday to do this path again, and had Baron as a 5th. But at the last minute his girlfriend needed him for another kind of exercise... Luckily Jarnade was in Mumble minding his own business and, bless him, had never done any Arah path. I seduced him into coming with his guardian and he accepted. As he later famously said: “Friends don’t make friends do Arah 4”.
    So a piece of advice, if you want to do this path, you need to be prepared physically and mentally. Lock all your friends, family and pets in a room for a few hours. Eat beforehand and prepare sandwiches. Have some caffeine but not too much, switch off all your phones, and be in a good mood. Now if you want to test your relationship, this is the path for you. If you still talk to each other after this ordeal you can propose.
    So the strategy was for me to gather and throw tears to the 2 high DPS guardians Saf and Jarnade to un-petrify them while Yargh and Hawksbane kited the sparks in place. The key here is to get this boss under her life and then you have a chance to finish this combat. We were doing well but suddenly Saf disconnected. I decided to take a shower, have a bite to eat and listen to upbeat music while we prayed for Saf’s return. We try again and at the end we could hear the silence of concentration in Mumble while we became robots and our soul left us.
    I’m not sure I want to do this path ever again but boy am I proud to have my Dungeon Master title.
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 22-07-2013 at 12:01 PM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I can only comment on my continuing failure to get an achievement in the volcanic fractal dungeon which involves not standing in any lava during the final boss fight. This is made increasingly difficult due to area attacks you need to dodge and pools of lava which fill up at random times during the fight.

Last time we went for this fight I managed to state my intentions on the way there and gather moral support from the guys, only to misjudge a very easy jump just before the encounter even begins and plop myself down into the flaming pool with a surprised giggle and sigh.

Activated Node
    3 days ago I was doing the Pirate Crew Arena Fight in the Crown Pavilion. It was my third try, I run out of time in the previous 2 attempts. I killed Stitches first, then the Captain, then the Master Gunner. I charged the First Mate, the announcer told me to hurry up twice already. I had the Master Gunner at 50% as suddenly my screen went black. It seems that my computer turned itself off because of the heat (we had 38 outside). I was furious because i was sure to get it done this time. After letting my PC cool down, i logged back into the game and was greeted with a chest containing a bag of coins. I checked the achievements and there I saw it: Apparently my Guardian auto-attacked the Master Gunner to death, even after my computer went out. Lucky me.
    Last edited by Vloc; 10-08-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Valconas

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Vloc View Post
    I checked the achievements and there I saw it: Apparently my Guardian auto-attacked the Master Gunner to dead, even after my computer went out. Lucky me.
    Hurrah for autoattack
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Changed the thread title to something more general.

Quick administrative question: Do we want to keep this thread stickied? The top of the forum page is getting a little bit cluttered and there hasn't been a lot of activity here for some time. Since most people know that the thread exists, we might as well have it float around the subforum with the occasional bump post.

Any voices against?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I agree, we can de-sticky this.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Thursday 12 September Operations Report

Well, my first foray into leading folks in WvW was a mixed bag. We only wiped about 3 times, but I failed to lead people off any cliffs.

I have to say a big thankyou to everyone who came; it was a decent turnout and there were a few new faces as well, so I am delighted.
    Also special thanks to Jarnade for amusingly running off in random directions (sometimes for minutes) before eventually, sadly, DQing.

We landed, and indeed, spent the whole night, in Dzagonur borderlands mostly flipping camps and trying to keep hills from being invaded. We met with some decent success early with our roaming and camp flipping and only wiped once to a guild group. Our failures were the attempt to defend hills from a huge zerg with a couple of ballista's and an ill informed attempt to take garrison, but generally we had a lot of fun.

One thing I learnt though, is that I need to be more prepared before I lead people in WvW again. I also learnt that I need to take siege, though apparently that didn't sink in.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Glad my internet could amuse you