Burned out of Solium?

Just thinking out loud here, and it was more practical to start a thread rather than post in each game topic.
    Anyway, after months playing and lots of games played we seem to have hit a burn out.
    This is just a personal reflection I'm making after realising that the three games I'm currently on are stopped and show no sign of life. And given that this forum is also pretty quiet I'm thinking most of us have gotten into a "too much solium" state.
    Are you feeling the same or is it just me? I love the game and I'd love to continue the games I'm in but still, I'm not desperately checking dropbox to see if there are new turns like I used to.

Maybe too many games, maybe too much downtime between turns. I don't know, I just don't feel like scheming and planning and crushing you with my mighty juggernaut boot.
    Maybe I just need vacations, work and uni are killing me.

As someone who has only participated in two games here I can merely add my 2 cents. I think the biggest problem of games like SI is that player motivation drops exponentially faster after players think (not "realise") that they are out of the game because they suddenly see an error in their plan/scheme. This issue only gets amplified for games with many players.

Having said that, I would totally be up for another game in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    As someone who has only participated in two games here I can merely add my 2 cents. I think the biggest problem of games like SI is that player motivation drops exponentially faster after players think (not "realise") that they are out of the game because they suddenly see an error in their plan/scheme. This issue only gets amplified for games with many players.

Having said that, I would totally be up for another game in the near future.
    I don't think that's my problem. I enjoy the game, even if I'm out of the winning race as I can still annoy or complicate someone else's (Helio's) plans.

I'm talking about the forum, games and most people here. It seems there is a general dearth of activity regarding Solium.

Network Hub
    I would love, once in my life, to finish a game of SI. But every game I've ever joined petered out... and that make me sad.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Network Hub
    I'm not able to commit to regular turns for a while, but fear not! After my move in August I'll be on the lookout for another game.

Im would love to play this game at least ounce on MP. Now that August is coming I will have the time need to play a full game.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Choasdwarft View Post
    Im would love to play this game at least ounce on MP. Now that August is coming I will have the time need to play a full game.
    I haven't played for a while but would be definitely up for game. I don't check the forums much though so PM me if you need a player. I'll even host if you like.

I just got finished reading RPS' (+ Sponge + Hentzau) AAR, and now I'm rarin' to go. I've played a couple other similarly-styled games (Ultracorps, Evernight) so I know fo-sho this is my cup of tea. It's like those games but less mathy, more back-stabby!

(I understand there's still math. But Ultracorps was super-maths, and SI seems to be more digestible.)

Anyway. If anybody's in the market for starting up a new SI game and is okay hosting someone brand new (I am working my way through the manual as we speak, er, type) lemme know! I'm excited to get going!

Network Hub
    I'm always up for another game and can host happily. If couple of other people respond here I'll start a thread (or you can do it).

I would be up for another game as well after the current one has ended (can't be too long now, eh, baboonanza? ;) ).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Aye too would be up for another game

Network Hub
    Well, maybe for me anyway!

Quick question before I buy...will I be able to install on more than one machine? I can't find on their site how many downloads/installations are allowed per purchase.

I think you can install the game on however many machines you would like to and activate with just the one key you get. Somewhere Vick said that he/they (CrypticComet, which is basically him) trusts his customers not to abuse the system. Personally, I've installed the game on both my home PC and my laptop so I can submit turns while travelling as well.

Great, thank you!