Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Trackmania 2 - now with Steam Workshop

When I saw this I thought "erm - hang on, I don't have it on Steam so do I miss out?"

Answer is "No - your code you got from wherever will work on Steam now and give you a version on there which DOES NOT REQUIRE UPlay as far as I can tell"

So I thought you'd like to know...

p.s. if I've got this right, Maniaplanet manages Trackmania anyway so it's really just a shortcut in UPlay or Steam BUT I'm pretty sure UPlay wasn't optional when I first installed it?
    Last edited by trjp; 04-07-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I bought TrackMania˛ Canyon on release using the distribution method Nadeo provided (GamesPlanet, I think). It came in the form of a stand-alone installer and never incorporated Uplay in any way, shape or form.

And yes, it is indeed possible to redeem even those GamesPlanet key codes on Steam (which is kinda surprising, considering the series is published by Ubisoft).

Edit: If memory serves me right, you could even take your ManiaPlanet credentials, log into their website and download the SA installer from there (regardless of where you bought it).
    Last edited by TechnoJellyfish; 05-07-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Between that and TMQ4EL not (currently - at least) using UPlay (and having the shortest UBI intro ever) you might think their developers are shunning their nasty platform...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    I bought TrackMania˛ Canyon on release using the distribution method Nadeo provided (GamesPlanet, I think). It came in the form of a stand-alone installer and never incorporated Uplay in any way, shape or form.

And yes, it is indeed possible to redeem even those GamesPlanet key codes on Steam (which is kinda surprising, considering the series is published by Ubisoft).

Edit: If memory serves me right, you could even take your ManiaPlanet credentials, log into their website and download the SA installer from there (regardless of where you bought it).
    Yeah, I did the same. Haven't played in a while and they yesterday I logged with no problems and no sight of UPlay. All you get is the ManiaPlanet launcher.

Network Hub
    Saw a gameplay vid of two halfs. One was Trackmania and the other one Trackmania 2(Stadiums). They looked exactly the same. If there any real difference between the two?

edit: Here's vid
    Last edited by hideinlight; 05-07-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah - that chestnut...

Stadium is Nations with a slight update to the renderer and integrated into their Mediaplanet gubbins - there's not really any new 'game' in there, hence it's half the price of Canyon or Valley.

Whether you need it is upto you really - I suspect anyone whe played Nations to death won't need to bother but new players will, of course, see benefit in keeping everything together.

Quote Originally Posted by hideinlight View Post
    Is there any real difference between the two?
    Stadium is slightly darker, duh.