Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
I was meaning to buy a book by Haruki Murakami but I'm not sure which one to pick. The ones I know are Kafka on the Shore, Dance Dance Dance, Norwegian Wood (or I think so) and a few other which titles I forgot. Should I get a book by him or should I get Snuff by Pratchett instead?
I'd say you can't go wrong with any of his books as his writing style is quite coherent. If you like fantasy or little bit of paranormal I would recommend Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, Dance Dance Dance or The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. If you fancy yourself more non-fiction literature you might like Underground or Norwegian Wood.
After that, you'll see if you like his writing and if so you might end up reading all his books as every each one of them has something special in them that will make you read them cover-to-cover :) Yeah, I do love his work.

I just re-read Norwegian Wood, first time in english, and since it's been some time from my last read I was [spoiler] again infuriated by the ending! [/spoiler].

Also, I just finished The Great Gatsby and I don't really understand what all the fuss is about? I just didn't find it all that exciting or revolutionary. *confused* I shall re-read it next week in my native language just to be sure there wasn't something I missed or didn't catch but I doubt it will be any better.